M101A2 & A3 Camping Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I got the jack mounted, but didn't like the factory universal mounting plate that came with it. I decided to make my own mount, at least it will be harder to steal. It's one heck of a jack, I never owned anything so heavyduty, but I've been known to tear stuff up. :) The crank handle comes off, so I'll probably lose that!

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

I just got a call that the other spindle is done and parts showed up today, just remembered I need three new tires and I can wrap this up.

IMG_3502.JPG

Seen a lot of tongue jacks but never one like that. Duallys!

Yeah, it's a kick ass jack alright. Tires are solid rubber with a nice heavy steel wheel and two sealed bearings in each. I watched a video of a trailer being winched through the sand with the jack down and half buried, no problems... If somebody can break one it will be me.

Whohoo!!

Are those replacement backing plates to convert the braking system to electric? Bolts right onto the M101A3 axle flange? Very cool if so.

Yes Sir and I should be able to use the military drums, too. They have parking brakes, but I'll have to figure out the cable fitment. I want to keep the very handy parking brake levers.

I got the new brakes and backing plates mounted with no issues. I can still use my old drums and flanges, etc., but still need to figure out the e-brake cables. I'm pretty confident my idea will work, just need to modify the cable some.

IMG_3504.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

and some rattle can paint, will have to do until the whole thing gets sandblasted.

IMG_3505.JPG

bought some new heavyduty shocks too and if anybody needs the part numbers for anything, I've got them.

I got a few things marked off the list, but started on the 55 so this will have to wait. My new brakes are electric with the parking brake, but they don't give you any help figuring out how to attach my cables to the brakes. With a lot of cutting and fabbing, I think my version works good, holds tight...

IMG_3509.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

Bought this pigtail from E-Trailer and I really like how it works. Very clean install and keeps all the connections sealed up...

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3511.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

does that mean its time to cut the tub?

Tub stays the same width, just now the tires aren't sticking out past the fenders. You'll see it at the Pig Party!

No, not yet, but the tires spin true looking at them on jacks. I'm praying she pulls good.

Yeah, I'm happy with how it's sitting, but my wife is saying she looks a little wimpy with the skinny tires. The other tires and adapters should take care of that issue. I got the wire in today to do the tail lights, but I have to wait until I get my third back from Zuk's to check everything out with the 55.

I got the new brakes and backing plates mounted with no issues. I can still use my old drums and flanges, etc., but still need to figure out the e-brake cables. I'm pretty confident my idea will work, just need to modify the cable some.

View attachment 1679314

View attachment 1679315

and some rattle can paint, will have to do until the whole thing gets sandblasted.

View attachment 1679316

bought some new heavyduty shocks too and if anybody needs the part numbers for anything, I've got them.
I wouldn't mind the part #s for the electric brake conversion. I have a M116 A3 that I plan building some time. Definitely would like electric brakes since my 80 is already wired up with a brake controller.

Here you go....

E-Trailer #s
Brakes come as a set....23-112-113
Seals (2).....RG06-070

These come with the parking brake if you're not planning to use them, E-Trailer has the brake without (cheaper).

I was just thinking about this build with the coming PP18, look great together!

cooper discover line is a great tire. The family wagon gets them every time. Mine when I'm flossin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom