What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did have to lengthen (approx. 30") the harness to get to the existing battery.

Had my bfgs flipped to white side out, balanced and alligned.

6686E11A-46A0-487C-83EC-4046EE7A2D80.jpeg

Not this week, but a couple weeks back. I had my windshield replaced with a Fuyao model. It is the company that recently bought out PPG. I believe it is now the largest OEM supplier of auto glass. They manufacture a lot of stuff in the USA, including my new windshield. It is neither "Bronze" or "Green". It has the shade at the top to the AS1 line that appears to be very dark blue if you are really looking. Black border/dot matrix around the edge. Here is the best part: The installer included a new OEM Toyota weather strip at the top and the proper Urethane black adhesive/sealant, all in for $200! :clap::D

Not this week, but a couple weeks back. I had my windshield replaced with a Fuyao model. It is the company that recently bought out PPG. I believe it is now the largest OEM supplier of auto glass. They manufacture a lot of stuff in the USA, including my new windshield. It is neither "Bronze" or "Green". It has the shade at the top to the AS1 line that appears to be very dark blue if you are really looking. Black border/dot matrix around the edge. Here is the best part: The installer included a new OEM Toyota weather strip at the top and the proper Urethane black adhesive/sealant, all in for $200! :clap::D

Glad your happy and I don’t want to steal your thunder. Just be mindful. I also had that same glass installed and went threw 5 wipers because in the end it was warped.

The company was Safelight and they made good by replacing it with OEM glass. It was a hassle but they did it. Just FYI.

Search ‘wipers jumping’ for full story.

What did you attach it with? The awning on my pop up camper ripped off and i was thinking of attaching to cruiser.

Assuming this was to me?

My brother made brackets and then just used some T-bolts on the insides of the tracks of the roof rack. Can`t take any credit, @Somebodyelse5 did all the work, I just reaped the reward :clap:. I think it might be in his build thread.

Glad your happy and I don’t want to steal your thunder. Just be mindful. I also had that same glass installed and went threw 5 wipers because in the end it was warped.

The company was Safelight and they made good by replacing it with OEM glass. It was a hassle but they did it. Just FYI.

Search ‘wipers jumping’ for full story.

Thank for the heads up. But since I have installed the windshield, it has rained super intensely about a dozen times here in Corte Madera (North San Francisco Bay Area). Wipers have been smooth and great. Windshield is clear and flawless.

Assuming this was to me?

My brother made brackets and then just used some T-bolts on the insides of the tracks of the roof rack. Can`t take any credit, @Somebodyelse5 did all the work, I just reaped the reward :clap:. I think it might be in his build thread.

@bucfl Just three 1/4 X 2 X ~4" aluminum plate with a hole for 5/16" T bolts (cut to length with bolt cutter after install) for the factory rack and then two 1/4" holes for the awning mount. If you go this route, I would suggest using some grade 8 locknuts so that they clean up the threads instead of stripping when you need to remove T bolts. I would get some extra bolts to have around, when we pulled the awning off to put on @ncavi10 cruiser, we had to use new fasteners to reinstall.

These are the T bolts we used.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756B35MQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If I were to do it again, I would use some 3/8" Al plate to really beef it up, and I'd consider using some of these drop in T-slot nuts from McMaster
McMaster-Carr
P/N: 90799A111

In other news, this week, I have been fighting with my lower control arm bushings and they are a serious pita. Spent most of sunday just getting the #1 bushing out of one LCA.

Made a road trip to Utah this weekend. Had the steering rack replaced, installed new power steering lines, outer tie rods, left lower ball joint, 4 new OME shocks installed, oil change and tire rotation. Good times!

View attachment 1678571

View attachment 1678572

View attachment 1678573

Did you do the work yourself or use a shop? Can you recommend one, I need to have my steering rack replaced also?
Live near Las Vegas, but willing to travel for dependable service and to stay away from stealerships

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom