70 Series Trim Levels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Every ZX trim I have seen online with the exception of the FRP models has a sunroof. Not saying they all do but just my observation.

In Europe it goes like this ( in my home country Belgium some others are different)

L has vinyl mats and seats, painted bumpers , skinny steel wheels

Lx carpet, chrome bumpers ,cloth seats, fender flares , wider wheels and power locks.( LX in Germany and Netherlands did not have flares)

VX velour seats, power windows , alloy wheels, sunroof in swb

ZX similar to VX but only for the jdm market with more options

I've never seen VX on a 70 series. Only 60 series. Only seen ZX on 70 series. Always thought they were the same trim level (highest) but for different models

I've never seen VX on a 70 series. Only 60 series. Only seen ZX on 70 series. Always thought they were the same trim level (highest) but for different models

1988+Toyota+Landcruiser+LJ+70+VX+Turbo+4x4+%25281%2529.jpg

It's on an LJ, so maybe it is light duty vs heavy duty...

All the ZX models I’ve ever seen in NZ, have been A) jap imports and B) power everything, locking diffs and HZ or PZ powered, mostly auto but a couple of manuals.

Not saying all ZX had those things, but definitely higher spec’d than LX. You could have all those things on an LX but I think you had to order the truck and tick the option boxes.

My KZJ78 (JDM) is a ZX - 1KZTE, electric windows, mirrors, factory fog lights, no sunrooof. Cloth interior. Dumb electtonic suspension system (since removed).

Suspect the ZX designation applies mostly to JDM

ZX is top of the range, usually only seen on JDM . I think my FJ73 was VX or maybe LX. The lowest model has vinyl floors and vinyl bench seat in the front and split rims. No Fg flares etc. I think the last of the MWB and SWB sent to Australia were like this , PZJ and HZJ7* very rare now. Someone had a PZJ73 for sale here cheap a few months back. After an avalanche of replies he put the price up $3k.

Lx carpet, chrome bumpers

I think the chrome bumpers were market specific. In Australia just about everything had black bumpers, inc the HJ61 Sahara unless you ordered chrome.

Last edited:
Lx FZJ75 here- power windows, mirrors, doors, factory ac, vinyl floors, chrome trim, sliding rear window. Has a factory switch for fog lights but P.O. must have removed when the arb bumper was added. Not sure if that helps or not

1990 PZJ77 LX here. I am pretty sure the yellow fogs that came on the sides of my front bumper were factory. They have a factory switch that operates them right below the fan speed selector knob. I have roll up windows but power mirrors, a tach (found out just today not all PZJ77s had one), manual trans, lockers (of course if you have lockers I think you always have a tach because that is where the indicator lights go), cloth seats, electric hubs, AC. No power door locks either (pretty sure if you have crank windows, you never get power door locks). I do not have fender flares but do have factory running boards. I also have huge 80's style graphics down the sides which I have not seen on any other 90 or later 70 series.

Last edited:
1990 PZJ77 LX here. I am pretty sure the yellow fogs that came on the sides of my front bumper were factory. They have a factory switch that operates them right below the fan speed selector knob. I have roll up windows but power mirrors, a tach (found out just today not all PZJ77s had one), manual trans, lockers (of course if you have lockers I think you always have a tach because that is where the indicator lights go), cloth seats, electric hubs, AC. No power door locks either (pretty sure if you have crank windows, you never get power door locks). I do not have fender flares but do have factory running boards. I also have huge 80's style graphics down the sides which I have not seen on any other 90 or later 70 series.

Not true on the crank windows and power door locks. Mine is a general spec LX that came with crank windows but power door locks.

Cheers

My understanding for 77s
ZX with fender flares and suspension seats, and came with sun roof, suspension seats, power windows, door locks, power locking hubs etc. as standard.
LX no fender flares or suspension seats, and other items were optional.

Mine was a PZJ77 LX, with the sunroof and all other items on a ZX except for the fender flares and suspension seats.

Hello,

On pre-1999 models, LX grade may or may not include power windows/power locks and rear door speakers.

On post-1999 models, LX grade included power windows, power locks and rear door speakers.

LX General Markets models usually have fender flares. Before 1994, they could be black; afterwards, they have the same color as the body.

Soft top JDM models with LX grade had lockers.

I have not seen ZX grade models outside the JDM. It appears to correspond to VX for export models.

A little off-topic: On recent (2010 on) 150 Series models I have noticed a grade called TX. It appears to be between standard grade and VX.

Juan

My understanding for 77s
ZX with fender flares and suspension seats, and came with sun roof, suspension seats, power windows, door locks, power locking hubs etc. as standard.
LX no fender flares or suspension seats, and other items were optional.

Mine was a PZJ77 LX, with the sunroof and all other items on a ZX except for the fender flares and suspension seats.

My LX model PZJ70 has suspension seats, no sunroof or flares however. Also has power windows and locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom