What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve had this Kaymar forever and I finally found a driver side swingount for it.

Problem is, it only holds one 5 gallon can. It has the weight capability for much more so I added my propane and CO2 to each side.

7B611B26-6887-4061-8A1C-E7267BE68AA8.jpeg

Took Friday afternoon off and started the weekend with a quick road trip to tree house brewing company for some cans. Tractor signs make me laugh when I’m driving the dinosaur.

Edit and P.S. - isn’t Massachusetts beautiful in the spring? Arghhhhh

View attachment 1676618
where do u guys find these rust free beautiful trucks???

Headlight upgrade completed!
Wow.

If you did the upgrade harness with relays, get some 80/100W and 100W bulbs. Even more wow.

Got in some more work on my rear cargo area build out. Fridge slider most of the way done. I made it a double slide with a double pop-up table. Still need to add table surfaces (the cardboard is a temporary visual aid :)) and finish up mounting it to the floor. About 2” will be trimmed off the right side of the bottom panel, where it will match up with drawers to go beside it.
15620D80-CD6C-4166-90AA-FB90EB5EE0B1.jpeg

29EDB19A-BC6D-4801-AEA2-7A73F7F17A39.jpeg

2909DA98-1952-4854-A6CA-44111E4B8654.jpeg

00DFE91B-5945-49FF-AB8C-3CFCBC8D248B.jpeg

Great job Kleatus. I will be starting some work back there soon. How did you attach it to the floor? I am assuming the existing tie-down hooks, but did you use the hook itself or figure out a way to bolt into the existing holes?

Great job Kleatus. I will be starting some work back there soon. How did you attach it to the floor? I am assuming the existing tie-down hooks, but did you use the hook itself or figure out a way to bolt into the existing holes?

Right now it’s just sitting there. I was thinking I would drill holes in the plywood where the cargo hooks go, remove the hooks, and drill a 3x3” or so square of 1/8” plate with the same hole pattern and use that for a washer on top of the plywood and bolt it down that way. I will need to sink the whole thing into the plywood for the drawer side mounts (or route slots for the bolt heads in the drawer bottoms), as I don’t plan to use any sliders in the drawers, just wood on wood. This will minimize cost, maximize space and make it very easy to remove the drawers (thinking removeable kitchen drawer with legs) or swap for a different drawer for different applications. Also the whole drawer side (or fridge side) can be removed separately as the need arises.

For some, or maybe all, of those with FJ60s that didn't come with the stock cargo tie-downs in the back, they're already set up with holes in the floor pan. The holes in my '86 FJ60 floor were taped over with aluminum tape at the factory.

^^ got any ous of these holes?

Mine did not have any factory holes on the cargo floor...

Last edited:
Tinted the rear windows, and got rid of the chrome locking strip on favor of the black WLS466 rubber lock strip. Tried to finish the roll down windows but did not succeed. I need more practice and more film. Replaced the rear top hatch with a not as rusted one and then ran out of paint, thus the not quite right color and lack of rear wiper. Fun project. I suck at window tinting... but learned how to get the rear windows in and out.

F5F9E985-06FE-4EF8-A687-7DE3A5470E8A.jpeg

C82EFBF1-D2E5-4496-9CD7-F04C53ECD0A0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom