BBCNN Petroglyphs Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok was unaware that they are building up there... Anyone done it from the Mustang Ranch area? If you look at All-terrain Families videos he has one with a brief map of doing it from the north coming south into it. Maybe next time would be a good chance to do that, no real "trail blazing" this go round.

From Lockwood you can go in past the old Washington Town Site. From north of Damonte Ranch HS you can follow the Pole line road from the sub station on old Mira Loma Road.

@MagmaFJ Longer as in longer than running from Damonte Ranch HS side? Looking at All-Terrain Family's video, seems like it was a pretty mild, straight shot out to it from that side.

I was eyeballing this route a few months ago. I donno if it is open though since I've never been.

full

No, as far as I know around 4th small circle from the top there is a gate. Just east of there is a secure facility of some type and nice gentlemen with guns stop people that try to go around that gate.
See the big white splotches just south of the first small dot from the top? That is a mine (duh) and the workable northern route goes around it just to the west. If you Route it in google maps and drag your route to include the road on the west of that mine then the whole route will snap to pretty much exactly the 'northern route'.

Here is All-Terrain Family (AKA GizzardStone) and the route they took..
Lagomarsino Petroglyph Overland Excursion
I know that I had seen a really good depiction of coming in from the north but can't seem to find. If I come across it again I will try and post up.

I might exit via the north route on the Saturday run. There is a rockhounding site I want to hit and it is faster to get home that way anyway.

I was eyeballing this route a few months ago. I donno if it is open though since I've never been.

full
That route crosses the TRW property which is closed to the public. They blow stuff up fairly often.

Yup. Al that mappage was nice information and great for future attempts at this run:hmm:. Pretty much decided on the route at the meeting. We will go in the tried and true way where we know the road hasn't been rutted out, too muddy, etc. We have been lost on a few runs last year and we don't want to make the same mistake. We may come out a different way which will put the reno people closer to home(by the firehouse in Virginia Highlands). Some may choose to go out the Lockwood way which is cool too. Meet place and leave time still the same.

Last edited:
Ok cool.. looks like just the wife and I after-all. Buddy in the JK got called into work for a special project and the other is out of town.

Anyone got a recommendation for a phone based map to use to track on the way out there? I know that reception gets spotty but both my buddies (and their wives) want to make a trip out there to see it, I dont want to rely on my memory getting out there so wondering if there is something I can put on my phone that will be able to GPS track?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom