What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the heater tees. Pinched some fingers, cussed, lost part of the old tee down the pipe, and had to replace a small section of hose. It’s done though. No leaks
I think that is the official procedure. At least that is how mine went!

Busy day. New tires 285 65 18 BFG KO2, plus a spare that replaced the original dueler that came on the truck when it was bought in 2007.

Found a great rattle can at O’Reillys that almost perfectly matched the Galactic Grey Mica. Painted the mudflap delete plates with 3 coats and installed them.

Used the remainder of the rattle can to touch up the plastic grill that was faded and looking bad. Masked off the TEQ badge and the whole grill looks much better.

Ejected the navigation disc and rebooted the system and amazingly the map came back after 3 years of not working.

Nothing too technical, but really was happy with the improvements. Truck will be ready for my turkey hunt next weekend.

Referring to you nav disc/reboot. How’d you do it?!

IMG_0595.jpg

Oil change, chopped off the mud flaps, slapped on the awning, and gave her a little bath! She`s a happy crusher! :bounce:

Heading up to north or northern AZ next weekend for a camping expedition before it gets too hot!:steer:.

Just finished applying sound deadening mat to the front doors and replacing the 10 year old kicker components with brand new JBL components.

Last week I installed new JBL coax speakers in the rear and bypassed the amp, which was toast, straight to the speakers. And installed a new Pioneer headunit.

So entire system is new new.

Sometime in the near future I’ll replace the amp with a 1000w pioneer 4 channel amp and connect the speakers there, but for the time being I’m running straight from the HU.

Sub hasn’t worked since I bought the truck, so no loss there.

System as is has a good amount of bump anyways.

I’ll add a new sub at some point. I forgot what this bug felt like.

Sounds really good. No real distortion until I get up around 38-40 out of 50 on the volume, which is almost definitely attributable to clipping at the HU not the speakers, so the speakers and the doors and handling all the power available to them right now just fine.

Last edited:
Finally threw on my homebrew fab LCA's. I used 1.5x0.25 DOM sleeved with 2x0.25, JJ's, and sleeved poly bushings. Total cost was $240. I didn't notice any new noises or a harsher ride at all. If anything I noticed the rear end is a little more compliant when trying to articulate. The important thing was to get that pinion angle corrected. The arms are adjusted to 3/8" longer than stock (five turns of the JJ).

View attachment 1676021 View attachment 1676022 View attachment 1676023 View attachment 1676024

@reznunt do you have a write up on this mod? Looks great and I'd feel a bit better in the rocks with beefier LCA's out back.

Did you create an adjustable panhard bar too? I am curious at what height the caster of the pinion and side shift of the axle become a concern?

What did you attach it with? The awning on my pop up camper ripped off and i was thinking of attaching to cruiser.

I installed a Prodigy 2 brake controller in the Hundy. It’s needed for the upcoming new travel trailer. It’s the new family get away rig, the pick up is Wednesday.

Had to clear the ice off before rolling it into the garage for the work.
EDC9957B-646D-4D38-B722-892E8EAFBEDF.jpeg

Last edited:
Mostly did some work on the subbie today and did some garage spring cleaning, which really makes the idea of getting in there and finishing some other projects better.

I was able to steal a little time away to install my Gamiviti sunroof filler and test it out. Fit is perfect. I have it set up so it can swing open (for emergency exit or roof access). Need to istall a couple of pieces still to get rid of a little rattle, but @nakman let me know how to take care of that when I picked it up.

Installed the pod lights up there last week too.

IMG_0533.JPG

I checked on my in cabin air filters in my 99 LC and like many here nothing was in there. I ordered two from Amazon ($17.95). I used the Toyota PN listed in FAQ section and it came up as an LX470 but same Toyota PN. I'm assuming this will fit in my LC. Anyone know for sure?

Installed the USA SPEC BT-45 TOY this afternoon. Full details on my build thread.

969A2201-1F7D-4387-8AEC-9C60B690E50A.jpeg

Great product!

AF72D4D9-88F4-4811-A8DF-C671420BFBFA.jpeg

Also gave it a much needed bath!

Made a road trip to Utah this weekend. Had the steering rack replaced, installed new power steering lines, outer tie rods, left lower ball joint, 4 new OME shocks installed, oil change and tire rotation. Good times!

5D629170-CB69-4E9E-8769-73A976A6012C.jpg

C84B8B24-50F0-45B2-94C2-E4659DAB2C42.jpg

4BE95C43-6930-48C0-84EA-04775AA47A0E.jpg

Last edited:
Referring to you nav disc/reboot. How’d you do it?!
I may have spoken too soon. I found the drive for the Nav DVD under the passenger seat and ejected the disc. Disc was virgin with no scratches. Put the disc back in the drive and restarted the ignition. Screen referenced the reboot. Map worked for the day, but back to DVD not found message now.

I may have spoken too soon. I found the drive for the Nav DVD under the passenger seat and ejected the disc. Disc was virgin with no scratches. Put the disc back in the drive and restarted the ignition. Screen referenced the reboot. Map worked for the day, but back to DVD not found message now.

If you are getting a disc not found error, the drive is likely the issue. I recently replaced mine with a used one I got of eBay. Works fine now. Mine is an 03 LC with a Gen 3 drive in it. I upgraded to a Gen 4 and got the latest disc for it. It's a drop in replacement for a Gen 3 Nav. Only takes about 20 minutes to do the whole swap. You don't even need to remove the seat, just move it front and back a couple of times to get to bolts.

Chris

If you are getting a disc not found error, the drive is likely the issue. I recently replaced mine with a used one I got of eBay. Works fine now. Mine is an 03 LC with a Gen 3 drive in it. I upgraded to a Gen 4 and got the latest disc for it. It's a drop in replacement for a Gen 3 Nav. Only takes about 20 minutes to do the whole swap. You don't even need to remove the seat, just move it front and back a couple of times to get to bolts.

Chris
I have the 02 LC with 09 disc... I need to get the gen 4 and the latest disk made for the LC is that correct?

I have the 02 LC with 09 disc... I need to get the gen 4 and the latest disk made for the LC is that correct?
If you want to upgrade to the newest NAV system compatible with your LC, then replace with a Gen 4 drive and disc. You could also just replace your existing Gen 2 drive with the same generation unit and use your existing disc. I think the newest map disc is v13.1 for the Gen2/3 drives. When I went to Gen 4 a couple of weeks ago, a used drive was about $200 and the newest v15.1 disc was $10 (a DVD copy but it works). I think I put the part number for a gen 4 drive a little farther back in this thread.

Chris

I checked on my in cabin air filters in my 99 LC and like many here nothing was in there. I ordered two from Amazon ($17.95). I used the Toyota PN listed in FAQ section and it came up as an LX470 but same Toyota PN. I'm assuming this will fit in my LC. Anyone know for sure?

Does your truck already have the evap case cover eith the smaller filter cover also but there just weren't any filters present? The LX was more common to have the cabin filter than the LC which is probably why the number came back as a Lexus part.

Does your truck already have the evap case cover eith the smaller filter cover also but there just weren't any filters present? The LX was more common to have the cabin filter than the LC which is probably why the number came back as a Lexus part.
Yes the compartment is there just no filters inside. I went ahead and ordered the Lexus ones at $17 vs the LC ones at $26.

@reznunt do you have a write up on this mod? Looks great and I'd feel a bit better in the rocks with beefier LCA's out back.

Did you create an adjustable panhard bar too? I am curious at what height the caster of the pinion and side shift of the axle become a concern?

Thanks! I might have enough pics for a brief writeup. I haven't done a panhard yet. I just needed to correct the pinion angle. I was going to do uppers next. Not sure we need an adjustable panhard for 2-2.5" of lift? I might make one anyway because you can actually see it from the back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom