30th Annual Rubithon 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Wagon Run is now full!

The next closet option to that the FJC, GX470 run hosted by Mark Hawley of Metal Tech 4x4. Does the same run, but leaves on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

Bonus…. Get more time on our beautiful trail!

Eric

I'm shamelessly looking for an opening for a passenger seat. I've done the Rubithon in my own rig back in 2006 and 2007 but had to sell my FJ40 in 2008. I just recently bought a new truck but it won't be ready for a while. I can drive down with someone from the PNW or fly down and meet up some place in the Central Valley / Sacramento, etc.

Resume:
  • I've done the Rubicon several times
  • Can stack rocks
  • Willing to split all costs
  • I'm not a douche
  • I can bring a great selection of PNW beer!
  • Have my own camping equipment
  • Mechanically inclined
  • Work well with others & a team player

sine80 - we may be looking for butts to fill 2 passenger seats. But I was hoping to find someone who was a douche.

sine80 - we may be looking for butts to fill 2 passenger seats. But I was hoping to find someone who was a douche.

I suppose I could forget to bring money, gear and beer. LMK if no other, bigger douches call dibs!

My brother lives in Sonoma so I’d have a place to stay near by...and I could fly into STS too.

Things are going well with Rubithon prep. Just a reminder you only have 4 more days to get included in the drawing for an extra Grand Prize Raffle ticket for the month of March.

REGISTRATION – Rubithon

I have not been able to post them yet, but from the looks of the raffle donations received already, this is looking to be a banner year!

Safe wheelin!

Eric

Congrats to Bruce Shoff! He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of March.

What are just a few of the items in that exclusive raffle you ask…

A Stihl chainsaw, a Powertank and a set of Toyo tires.

Now get your registrations in. Here’s the link: REGISTRATION – Rubithon

You have 42 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts, so get it done and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!

This year I am definitely making it. No job is going to stop me this time!

With ya, do not have a job and no plans on getting one any time soon....the little :princess:miss will have to look after me.

clip_image002.jpg

Rubithon Tacoma Invasion

For 30 years the Toyota Land Cruiser Association (TLCA) has been holding Land Cruiser-specific trail runs through the famous Rubicon trail and not once have they done an official Tacoma run group. Well, now that I’m wheel’n a late model Tacoma, I say enough is enough! For too many years these well-built, well-maintained, highly capable and beautiful Land Cruisers have been making Tacomas look like a possum’s pecker and I say it’s time we stand up and make a change! I say it’s time we show these short wheelbases some new tricks! I say it’s time the trail sees some modern pickup technology! I say it’s time for the First Annual Rubithon Tacoma Invasion!

If you’ve got a Tacoma that’s not afraid of some rocks, then please join Marlin Crawler this June 21 as I lead the first official Tacoma group in my 580:1 Triple Marlin Crawler Transfer Case’d 2016 3rd gen Tacoma during the extra-special 30th year celebration of the organization’s oldest event through the most famous 4WD trail in the country. The Rubithon Event (Rubithon – The Official Event of the Toyota Land Cruiser Association) is the main event for the TLCA (HOME | TLCA) and has traditionally been the largest annual Toyota gathering on the Rubicon trail.

clip_image005.gif

About the TLCA
Founded in 1976, the Toyota Land Cruiser Association is the international club for Toyota 4WD vehicle owners, and dedicates themselves to bringing together and promoting the interest of Toyota four wheeling. They are also entrusted by more than 50 chapter clubs around the world to preserve and protect the history of the Land Cruiser and Toyota’s off-road heritage. The organization has an amazing history (The Hisotry of TLCA | TLCA) and has the longest running purely Toyota off- road publication known as the Toyota Trails which prints almost 25K copies annually (view the current edition online: Toyota Trails - March/April 2018 Issue).

The TLCA, Marlin Crawler, and Modern Toyota Truck Owner Connection
As the TLCA was founded before the first 4WD Toyota pickup existed, historically it has been a Land Cruiser club. There are however, hundreds of Pickups, 4Runners, Tacomas, and FJ Cruisers registered with the TLCA today. In fact, the TLCA is directly responsible for why countless thousands use modern Toyota trucks and SUVs off-road today. Here is the connection between the TLCA, Marlin Crawler, and quite possibly you:

1. In 1983, Marlin met a TLCA member who convinced him to buy a Toyota Hilux pickup. Marlin did just that and joined the TLCA that same year.

2. After a decade of trying to outdo the Land Cruiser, in 1994 Marlin created the Marlin Crawler, which made the 1st/2nd/3rd gen Hilux Pickup and 1st/2nd gen Hilux 4Runner the most capable off-road Toyota vehicles on the market overnight.

3. Countless former Land Cruiser owners made the switch to a Pickup or 4Runner equipped with a Marlin Crawler transfer case system.

4. The overnight success from the Marlin Crawler brought such momentum to the Toyota off-road world that it transformed the previously dominated Jeep landscape. Prior to the Marlin Crawler, it was at best a 1:30 ratio of Toyota pickups to Jeeps on the trails. Since the Marlin Crawler changed the off-road world in 1994, trails such as the Rubicon now have almost a level playing field of Toyotas to Jeeps!

5. In conclusion, off-road going late model Toyota pickup and SUV owners likely chose a Toyota based on their incredible pickup off-road reputation which originated with the Marlin Crawler.

The TLCA, Marlin Crawler, and you: A history you may not have known existed!

clip_image007.jpg

How to participate
To participate, please register online at REGISTRATION – Rubithon or by mail-in form (PDF) at https://rubithon.com/wp-content/uploads/30th-Registration-Form.pdf. During registration, sign up for the “Renegade Run and specify in the comments sections that you’ll be participating in the Tacoma Invasion Run. This year is a H-U-G-E celebration year, and registration includes emergency airlift service provided by CalStar at no extra cost.

What to do if you are not a TLCA Member?

TLCA membership is required to participate in official TLCA events. If you are not a member, then Marlin Crawler will cover the cost of General Membership by donating a $35 CRAWL Card to you at the event!

What trucks are we looking for?
Anyone with a Rubicon-ready late model non-Land Cruiser Toyota 4WD: Tacoma, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, T100, Tundra, Sequoia, or GX470!

clip_image009.jpg

Marlin Crawler’s Rubithon Tacoma Invasion Event details:
Thursday June 21, 2018

9:00am Driver’s Meeting at Loon Lake Staging Area 12:00pm Lunch at or near the Little Sluice

4pm Setup camp at the official “Camp Marlin Crawler”, Rubicon Trail Foundation’s new Property Friday June 22, 2018

9:00am Leave for the famous Springs Campground!

1:00pm Estimated arrival to the main event, Rubicon Springs Campground Saturday June 23, 2018

Enjoy the many events planned for this year’s 30th annual Rubithon:

* Wine Tasting to support the Rubicon Trail Foundation

* Off-road Educational Classes

* Horseshoe Tournament

* RC Rock Crawl Competition Sunday June 24, 2018

6:00am Run the trail backwards, returning to Loon Lake

Optional: Complete the trail by continuing up Cadillac Hill and out to Lake Tahoe

clip_image011.jpg

Come wheel the Rubicon with Marlin Crawler!
We hope you will consider supporting the TLCA and the longest running major annual Toyota event in the world this year with Marlin Crawler!

It's gonna be a packed house at the Springs!

Hey, just think of all the extra cargo space that could be available ;)

Hey everyone

We are going to be looking for 3 seats on Friday from Tahoma for Todd Kaderabek, his son and a friend. They will be flying in to Reno, and will be at staging by Noon. Even though it should take less than 2 hours each way, we are doing Rock Chef Friday evening, and since you "never know" how long it will take to get back to camp, I can't get him. But I know there are people out there that want to make a fun run up the hill. Please message me if you are interested.

Thanks

Also looking for 3 seats for getting some state parks guys for kids rc event

Yeah, and THEN what happened?

Ya-that marriage thing will crush your dreams. I hear rumors that @beno is now a horse person, shaved his beard and is planning a tea party.

Ya-that marriage thing will crush your dreams. I hear rumors that @beno is now a horse person, shaved his beard and is planning a tea party.
He's probably wearing shoes too. SHOES!

We have received notice that after June 1st, the price for AirMedCare Network “AMCN”, formally CalStar, will be going up even for plan memberships. The new price will be $65 for the entire household. The price for those not a part of Rubithon’s Group will be going up to $85.

Please feel free to offer this application to your family and friends as well.

Another item that AMCN advised Rubithon of is that after this year’s event, they will not allow us to send in a check to cover all the participants that signed up for the event. They have advised us that AMCN is now requiring each individual pay for themselves for the household coverage. This means that we will have to change the way we offer registrations for next year, but no need to worry about that for now.

I am attaching the PDF that has the application to it. If you have any issues, feel free to email me at chairman@rubithon.com and I can email you the PDF directly.

Thanks for your understanding,

Eric Agee

Rubithon Chairman

Attachments

• AMCN_Rubithon app 2016.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
Congrats to Andrew Pollock! He is the winner for the extra Grand Prize Raffle Ticket for the month of April.

Now get your registrations in. Here’s the link: REGISTRATION – Rubithon

You have 12 more days to get your registrations in before the $25 late fee starts. After that you shirts will be mailed after the event. So get those registrations and get those Toyota’s ready for some great summer action at this year’s 30th Annual Rubithon!!!!!

It is with regret that I have to inform that the Metal Tech 4x4 Run has had to be cancelled due to some unforeseen issues. I’d like to thank Mark Hawley for being willing to put this together and hope that we can make it happen again in the future.

That being said, in true TLCA member fashion, one of the other runs, led by Steve Prior, has offered to take those people on to their run. Steve, I know you are already doing a ton for the event, and I can’t thank you enough!

My apologies to the guys we had to move, but thank you for your graciousness and understanding in the change.

The good news is Mark is still sending out all the Rock Chef swag for this year’s Championship of Champions. Thank you sir!

Remember 12 more days to avoid the late fee and having to have your shirts mailed to you.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom