Table for camping - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had enough of knocking my dinner onto the forest floor. It's time I picked up a camping table.

I've found the Coleman Pack-Away on this guide The Best Camping Table - Professional Camping and I think it suits most of my needs but I'm also tempted by the Xylo from Trespass https://www.trespass.com/xylo-roll-top-camping-table.

Would you recommend one over the other? Or do you have a different recommendation?

It's just for myself and my wife, so it doesn't need to be huge but a light weight would be useful for trekking.

This one is on your list, but I have one. It's able to be rolled up. But its completely stable
when assembled. They have one with adjustable legs, which is the one I have, and it's perfect
for uneven ground. They now come with a bag, and set up is a breeze. I also have one of their
cots with the ability to slide an air mattress between the layers for extra insulation and comfort.

Camp Time Inc: Make your Camp-Site as Comfortable as Home

Have you looked at a rectangular table? You can cook on one end and still have enough room for two to eat. In our camps the table ends up storing the water jug and stove/griddle. This takes up a chunk of the table. If you have a separate camp kitchen it is a non issue. I use the ALPS mountaineering tables. They are light and pack pretty small but they are roughly 55" long for the big one. The Xylo you listed I cannot find. The coleman looks like it would work provided you are not cooking on it. It is nice to be able to put your knees under the table without hitting the supports and it appears two can eat at that table comfortably.

KISS.jpg

So, just sayin' the original poster has 1 post. 1. This is almost certainly SPAM. Do what you want, but realize that this is highly suspicious.

But a better cheap table is a needed thing. I re-buy $40 camp tables every 3-4 years. I'd like to pay $100 once and never do anything else.

This one is on your list, but I have one. It's able to be rolled up. But its completely stable
when assembled. They have one with adjustable legs, which is the one I have, and it's perfect
for uneven ground. They now come with a bag, and set up is a breeze. I also have one of their
cots with the ability to slide an air mattress between the layers for extra insulation and comfort.

Camp Time Inc: Make your Camp-Site as Comfortable as Home

Awesome. Thank you! I was thinking the adjustable legs would not last long but if you say it's good then maybe I should check it out.

Last edited:
Have you looked at a rectangular table? You can cook on one end and still have enough room for two to eat. In our camps the table ends up storing the water jug and stove/griddle. This takes up a chunk of the table. If you have a separate camp kitchen it is a non issue. I use the ALPS mountaineering tables. They are light and pack pretty small but they are roughly 55" long for the big one. The Xylo you listed I cannot find. The coleman looks like it would work provided you are not cooking on it. It is nice to be able to put your knees under the table without hitting the supports and it appears two can eat at that table comfortably.

I watched the video of Coleman, I still didn't like the way it's packed. Which of the ALPS mountaineering do you have?

I have the regular and the XL. When boon docking I can use the small one for the cook/prep area and the larger one for feeding 4 people.

We have been using the alps mountaineering table(metal roll-up) for years and like it. It rolls up great but is a little longer than I would like when it is in the bag but not bad and way smaller than any other table that sturdy. The front runner that goes under the roof track is kind of intriguing but I usually attach my RTT with loads bars so I havn't spent the extra for a rack that is smothered in tent.

After using a number of different foldable/collapsible camp tables over the years I finally, 4-years ago, made my own table. Stores top side of the roof and under the RTT. But you need a welder. One of my more useful camp accessories.

I have the ALPs one linked above. Love it!

I also have a tailgator Tailgater Tire Table
I bought one for a good price on kickstarter. But it's well worth the new price. Easy setup.
I use it when I'm on my solo dirtbagging trips when I do minimal cooking.

The Camp Time tables have been recommended here a lot, I've been using there cots for a long time. No issues, good product.

I use this same folding 2’x4’, with adjustable legs.

It’s stable, easy to clean and makes a great workbench, for trail repairs.

The downside... it may not be expensive enough for some of y’all. :cool:

It also packs perfectly in my 40.

E43039F7-27B2-4262-B743-73CEF98A243A.jpeg

I've used a camp time roll-a-table for 20+ years. Great. Not the strongest / most stable thing in the world, but nice. Love it. Compact and ties nicely to things such as a 40 roll cage. Also stuffs in smaller holes or stands upright.

Another thing I've done when I camped in the 40 was attached a piece of angle iron to the vehicle. I then had a 3/8" piece of plywood that I laid on the floor of the rig, so it took up no space. To use, the plywood would attach to the angle iron on the rig with a couple of screws. There was a single leg that would attach on the other end away from the rig. Very stable, very little space.

I have had the Alps camping table for a couple of years with good success. It's very light and packable.

I've used a camp time roll-a-table for 20+ years.

I've also had mine for about that long, though I seem to recall I bought it in the early 90's. Nice table. A little wobbly, but good enough for my stove. The only two issues I've had is one of the pockets that holds the legs wore and the legs fall out, and the legs make my hands black when I install them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom