harbor freight blast cabinet customize (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
So, I have had a harbor freight blast cabinet for many years now. Has worked great, but time to make it better beacuse the 36" width has limited what I can do. I love the SKAT or grizzly larger units; however, at over $1k, not willing to do that.

So here is what I have, basically $160 investment.

upload_2018-2-26_12-16-38.jpeg

First off will be adding more LED lights in it. There are so many options that is an easy change.

The bigger change, and why I am posting is to make it bigger. Looking to add to one side, maybe removable piece so I can do longer pieces. Will have to rotate it to do the other side, but that is fine. Here is what I found on the interwebz... I do like the wheels on this one.
Blast Cabinet and extension 002.jpg

I am thinking something smaller, but not this small. Key will to make it removable to keep the size down.

Clean-High-Velocity-Part-Inlets.jpg

Anyone have suggestions?

I wonder if you could get a second cabinet and make one big cab out of both, taking the sides off the the ends that would be put together.

I wonder if you could get a second cabinet and make one big cab out of both, taking the sides off the the ends that would be put together.
I thought about that, however you would have to put a solid bottom on one side so all your material does not collect on the other side.

It would probably be easier to leave it as-is, empty the media from the unused side, and dump it back over on the other side than try to wipe media off a flat bottom all the time.

I thought about that, however you would have to put a solid bottom on one side so all your material does not collect on the other side.

could use a flat sheep of metal to make a bottom and have it angled to one end for the media to collect in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom