Carolina Relic Run 26-29 April (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should check my CB not sure it still works. Ive been told rain and electronics don't play nice!!

I do have an extra CB out of the old tow rig. I will not be installing it in the new Tundra.
May look at a hand held to use on trips. Those truckers crack me up!:rofl:

I have a spare CB with a mag mount antenna; just let me know.

Prepare for the worst hope for the best!

So after some archeological digging I found 2 more CB radios and mag mount antennas if anyone needs one for the relic adventure.

Ill take one for the ride down

signed up, day late for $10 discount but that seems to be how I roll, I say we meet up at 8:30 so we can make Chris ride with us

827 is a little better for my fung schewi

Iptman, do you want to borrow a CB radio? Will you be convoying with tlex? If so, can I give you a radio to deliver to him?

Anyone else need a CB and/or a club radio for the trip? Wish I could go. Babysitting the grandkids that weekend.

Please don’t tell any of my Ham friends that I’m pimping CB radios. I will be ostracized from the Ham world for the rest of my life. :(

Yes I'm in for a CB. I'd love to figure out how to use the side mounted CB antenna ball mount that was probably installed sometime in the 80s.

I'll pickup any CBs or radios the club might need.

Swapped the antenna from my 80. Apparently they still use the same thread pattern. Got to put some foam around it so it doesn't bang the rain gutter.

IMG_20180415_151150305_HDR.jpg

Below is a general picture of the group camp. I would only pay attention to the green ovals, which ostensibly identify the established camping areas, and the blue rectangle for the showers and bathrooms.
I'm posting this because there are specific rules regarding parking trail rigs and tow rigs and trailers perpendicular to the ring road within the group camp.
From the official Relic Run thread: Note: Driver Registration will provide parking for up to 2 motorized vehicles and a trailer (i.e. tow rig, Relic and trailer OR Relic and minivan). Spectator Registration allows for one additional motorized vehicle for a total of two; no trailers permitted under a Spectator registration due to space limitations. All Relics must be registered as a Driver. All other Toyota 4WD vehicles must be registered as Spectator. Everywhere possible, vehicles and camping trailers should be parked perpendicular to the road running within Group Camp.
I will have my tow rig and trailer as well as my ARB Fridge, so I am trying to identify the best place to park where we can camp close to our rigs (and my fridge).

GroupCamp_1.JPG

There is only the one place to park and across the road there is camping. But that's a was away from a fire ring. Depending on shade I will have my fridge in my tent with solar. Or will have to swap batteries and charge on the trailer.

The camping will be covered so if you need your tow rig close to where you camp the right green oval has some room for tow rigs and the left green oval you can park in the smaller oval pink and walk back and forth. The fire ring locations have barriers so you have to park around the path and walk back in to where the camping is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom