The Dobinsons MRR have arrived! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"better" is all proven in time IMO. UCAs are to correct caster for a lift and provide clearance for tires, plus they are stronger than the OEM in terms of the upper ball joint. Some have had issues (SPC) that were corrected, others are known weak (I've seen cheap china ones break welds at the inner joint). If they are well made, good geometry, and quality ball joints and bushings, most UCAs will serve just as well as the next.

My Dobinson HD rear springs finally go in next Sat
Finally done, the ride is a lot better because the suspension can now work. Add to adjust the front about an inch. The springs look like they are not in right, but they are, so it must be the camera angle.

8F3299F1-CB52-48C3-9EA0-226BB1118D1F.jpeg

67516E7D-493F-417B-A68F-D7BFE3FD0C5F.jpeg

Looking for an update on the front resi-hoses. We are about to mount a set of terrain tamer CO's and they are built similar to the MRR's with the resi-hose on the bottom. My wife posted a picture on the FB group and folks got her all upset when they started questioning the hose routing. Anyway, have you had any issues with your front resi-hoses?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Can’t help, I don’t have resi-hoses on my shocks

Finally done, the ride is a lot better because the suspension can now work. Add to adjust the front about an inch. The springs look like they are not in right, but they are, so it must be the camera angle.

View attachment 1684834

View attachment 1684835
Those springs look upside down to me. The smaller ID pigtail end goes down, and the larger ID end (~8" or so) goes upwards with the coil isolator on top of it. Photo for reference on a 5th Gen, and a photo of the coils "right side up".

20180330_185804 (Medium).jpg

COIL SAMPLE 200 SERIES REAR (Large).png

Looking for an update on the front resi-hoses. We are about to mount a set of terrain tamer CO's and they are built similar to the MRR's with the resi-hose on the bottom. My wife posted a picture on the FB group and folks got her all upset when they started questioning the hose routing. Anyway, have you had any issues with your front resi-hoses?

Thanks,

I’m sure you saw my pic on GXOR already of Evans truck. That’s where I’ll be moving mine. No issues with my hoses though and they’re mounted in the rail near the body mount

Smaller end is down

Definitely must be a bad angle for the photo then

My buddy said they wouldn’t go in the other way because of the air bags, he didn’t try, but that was his comments

My buddy said they wouldn’t go in the other way because of the air bags, he didn’t try, but that was his comments
The coil pigtail has to sit against a stop in the bottom seat and so that the coil can't move. That's why I was saying the bigger opening must go upwards.

The look upside down to me too.

Small side down. They are in correctly

9E5FD480-DDAC-465C-BBC4-F6B3364F4E11.jpeg

E8828C91-541A-433E-BD10-C2134A6FB516.jpeg

It is, they look like they are curved also

Is the treaty oak Dobinsons listed here, Dobinson GX470 Suspension Kit, the dual rate? They seem to get better reviews. Also, I am planning on running an ARB front with a winch within the next year. What set would you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom