What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did this about 6 months ago. Did you noticed a little bit of a rattle when its in the locked position? I just wedged a baby diaper at the inside edge to temporarily fix that... Guess I should get a foam strip or something like that. LOL
Maybe I got lucky, but it has been quiet as a mouse - and I don’t even have the fridge mounted on it yet. I hardly know it’s there...

76790ADF-FB98-4092-9ECD-9A0FFB20498E.jpeg
Went after it today and plasti-dipped the door moldings and side moldings.... we shall see how it turns out. Overall I think it will be much better than my cracked and bubbling old stuff from 2002. Thanks to @KraziAzn for the idea and tips. Will show the finished product in the a.m.

Update here are the picks in good sunlight.

Last edited:
View attachment 1675518 Went after it today and plasti-dipped the door moldings and side moldings.... we shall see how it turns out. Overall I think it will be much better than my cracked and bubbling old stuff from 2002. Thanks to @KraziAzn for the idea and tips. Will show the finished product in the a.m.

excited to see how it turns out. did you go with the top coat? That's an awful lot of work in masking and prep for a coating that can just be peeled off. I did my badges and letters with plastidip and have to redo it ever other year... the benefit is that I don't have to worry about masking between all the letters... I just hit the whole area and pick out the areas between the letters.

Pulled the OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks and installed new OEM shocks and Old Man Emu 865's in the rear, gotta tweak the front end but my friend said let it settle for a day and we'd remeasure and crank the front up a bit more after driving for a day.

Going to be selling those OME shocks (less than 500 miles) so keep an eye out for them in the classifieds. Inquire about them there.

View attachment 1675265

View attachment 1675493
I got the same color LC, love your truck!

View attachment 1675518 Went after it today and plasti-dipped the door moldings and side moldings.... we shall see how it turns out. Overall I think it will be much better than my cracked and bubbling old stuff from 2002. Thanks to @KraziAzn for the idea and tips. Will show the finished product in the a.m.
haha wow! you went all the way covering your car! I just used old newspapers. Yours will probably turn out better than mine.
6biWow0.jpg

Nothing major, yet, but I only just bought it on Tuesday. :)

So, I’ve put gas in it, and have driven it about 50 miles so far. I’m having it detailed today, even though it’s already pretty clean.

Tomorrow, once I receive it, I plan to install this Bluetooth adapter: USA Spec BT45-TOY, plus a flush-mount USB/Headphone input, to retain a “factory look”. Hopefully it works.

Taking it out this weekend for a family trip, so we can officially welcome this truck into our family.

Next week, I’m going to have the wheels stripped and repainted/refinished. Doing this because they are peeling. I’m told they will make them look like new.

Last edited:
Finally threw on my homebrew fab LCA's. I used 1.5x0.25 DOM sleeved with 2x0.25, JJ's, and sleeved poly bushings. Total cost was $240. I didn't notice any new noises or a harsher ride at all. If anything I noticed the rear end is a little more compliant when trying to articulate. The important thing was to get that pinion angle corrected. The arms are adjusted to 3/8" longer than stock (five turns of the JJ).

20180412_114843.png
20180412_101451.png
20180412_102243.png
20180412_102302.png

excited to see how it turns out. did you go with the top coat? That's an awful lot of work in masking and prep for a coating that can just be peeled off. I did my badges and letters with plastidip and have to redo it ever other year... the benefit is that I don't have to worry about masking between all the letters... I just hit the whole area and pick out the areas between the letters.

I masked all that because I had some extra spray going around the car with my fan going so I just did it so I didn’t have a alitle extra hitting randomly. Basically I’m OCD lol.

I masked all that because I had some extra spray going around the car with my fan going so I just did it so I didn’t have a alitle extra hitting randomly. Basically I’m OCD lol.

It's ok, you should see my toolbox... and my garage.... I get made fun of for how organized it is...

I replaced my front rotors and pads last night. For a hack wrench it went well, it just took long. OEM parts of coarse. I'm also due for some new tires as my KO2s have 56k miles on them (5 tire rotation.) Looks like the best price near me is $240 a piece. Pretty sure I'll be buying these before CM despite wanting to hold out a little longer. (And now I'm browsing wheels on the locals...sigh.)

Had some leftover parts from my last lighting project, so threw together a simple automatic hood light. Switch turns it on automatically when you open the hood, but I also added an override switch to turn it off. I riveted the housing to the hood so it is very secure, and it happens to be at just the right angle so it actually points down and not forward.

81BC56FD-271E-4DD5-AD05-9107F635E966.jpeg

21C84A54-A3C6-448B-93B6-B1F09AB675E6.jpeg

587C6D3F-9AEC-4191-99E5-893A5E5FA935.jpeg

9ED15D21-B9F5-4C09-802B-8B89BDE2AABC.jpeg

I installed the Bluetooth adapter I got, and removed the cigarette lighter so I could have USB (power) and AUX input. Everything works great! I can stream music, make hands free calls, and still watch DVDs from the center console changer... welcome to 2010, my 2003 Land Cruiser!

Bluetooth track is displayed on the Nav screen. The AUX input, I just realized, is hidden behind the cover in the picture. So here’s a second picture.

FA40EA42-4155-4D5C-B6A9-FD47A6B51F5A.jpeg

56D01A87-26AB-47EE-8246-CC9A9AD07C1C.jpeg

Coming from a VW Tiguan, I have to say the interior of the LC is so much easier to work with. Everything just pops out, and there are very few screws to deal with.

Because I’m lazy, I just ran the microphone above the steering wheel, under the instrument panel. I might route it up to the rear view mirror, but I kind of like it just above the steering wheel.

I was able to tuck the BT unit just above the right center vent. There is a cavity there that was the perfect size for the unit.

The only casualty was one of the little retaining clips for the center right vent assembly, that I lost. Or maybe it was already missing? I looked all over and could not find it. Maybe I will find it later?

The unit I used was the BT45-TOY.

I think the next project will be installing a backup camera. Parts have been ordered.

Update: I’m impressed with this Bluetooth unit. I was on the phone with the auto-parts store checking for a few things I needed. I got into my car, turned it on, and my phone call transferred over to the car speakers without me having to do a thing.

Last edited:
Sorting out the few issues with the new 'Cruiser.

1 - Pulled fender flares & managed to remove driver's side pinstripe.

2 - Swapped out the alternator & discovered an idler pulley was the source of bearing whine. If my wife asks it was preventative maintenance!

3 - Swapped a rattle-prone muffler for a MF 12586. Only complaint is idle drone. Hoping to correct by welding on the OEM 'damper' onto the MF unit

4 - Ordered heater t & idler pulley for install next weekend

5 - Handed my detailer the truck to sort out the paint. There was glue from the fender flares & overspray everywhere! Picked it up for the weekend & will hand it back to a body shop to touch up chips, etc before handing back to Donavin @ Above & Beyond Austin, TX for a two year glass coat / interior. The PO's makeup is still everywhere (a Dentist's wife truck! :)).

Flares
5fgWGoV6Z-gp3MYK9OlPlaT01Zy_5aSj14BuqC5croSbokXiZl7OnogE9QzPMc1qACyhbHhAHZzrjZ8CHDIBkbmT1QNVIvgoJXgMyjcrfiMgFjYvLykgIoazNJOrXEGqVCT_iQQt9AraOgkcYQaTK-_DNftW7B0T5dEUcRzG_I_KNyisR2hjIdZFbXASnBVGFtsaqqORjMCy71NIQCdHoqvy2Nl6xydA5ebV-EgW6sJUgfkEZwKnu6c-Mn0wRFtWFAowieaEUWSTJUTobMHBak5aNWdr2ft7tEl1W2Pz8Bt1rK36r4ePi-zS3Ctab1FapJom9_zX4AvQrrWo59gdIoNhIKyu-ys7Ezw3J9S3mNKUAV_JV7_80u5GS8ppb0klgM6e9AVAgQWOAn2Ufmd4wRcZWSCAq3dd08Gr3UdD-r4AZ_4S-Rc0itQfd7uKomOh4E1dzbRVuaazuDEfd6RI7P4ilpeSomtfHhS-G-SxoBvAzM-PEvXedIsIAkNbDK5zvRsO0-y4_ypDa2rBxa0_LVIThYW_qveTqzc2oAaIchgAuDznvBHznP5NmVF_eg87KfoaD_ijNjy2bsxoxNx16IAnRwEJEftNsIQXmNk=w1960-h1470-no

No Flares
upload_2018-4-13_22-5-45.png

3 (of at least 4 total) Days of Paint Correction
upload_2018-4-13_22-5-59.png

upload_2018-4-13_22-6-9.png

Glass Coat (TBD)
u6xfpu4ioacebq0lr1rlexz3zuaxxils

Last edited:
Sorting out the few issues with the new 'Cruiser.

1 - Pulled fender flares & managed to remove driver's side pinstripe.

2 - Swapped out the alternator & discovered an idler pulley was the source of bearing whine. If my wife asks it was preventative maintenance!

3 - Swapped a rattle-prone muffler for a MF 12586. Only complaint is idle drone. Hoping to correct by welding on the OEM 'damper' onto the MF unit

4 - Ordered heater t & idler pulley for install next weekend

5 - Handed my detailer the truck to sort out the paint. There was glue from the fender flares & overspray everywhere! Picked it up for the weekend & will hand it back to a body shop to touch up chips, etc before handing back to my guy for a glass coat (Donavin @ Above & Beyond Austin, TX) for a two year glass coat / interior. The PO's makeup is still everywhere (a Dentist's wife truck! :)).

Flares
5fgWGoV6Z-gp3MYK9OlPlaT01Zy_5aSj14BuqC5croSbokXiZl7OnogE9QzPMc1qACyhbHhAHZzrjZ8CHDIBkbmT1QNVIvgoJXgMyjcrfiMgFjYvLykgIoazNJOrXEGqVCT_iQQt9AraOgkcYQaTK-_DNftW7B0T5dEUcRzG_I_KNyisR2hjIdZFbXASnBVGFtsaqqORjMCy71NIQCdHoqvy2Nl6xydA5ebV-EgW6sJUgfkEZwKnu6c-Mn0wRFtWFAowieaEUWSTJUTobMHBak5aNWdr2ft7tEl1W2Pz8Bt1rK36r4ePi-zS3Ctab1FapJom9_zX4AvQrrWo59gdIoNhIKyu-ys7Ezw3J9S3mNKUAV_JV7_80u5GS8ppb0klgM6e9AVAgQWOAn2Ufmd4wRcZWSCAq3dd08Gr3UdD-r4AZ_4S-Rc0itQfd7uKomOh4E1dzbRVuaazuDEfd6RI7P4ilpeSomtfHhS-G-SxoBvAzM-PEvXedIsIAkNbDK5zvRsO0-y4_ypDa2rBxa0_LVIThYW_qveTqzc2oAaIchgAuDznvBHznP5NmVF_eg87KfoaD_ijNjy2bsxoxNx16IAnRwEJEftNsIQXmNk=w1960-h1470-no

No Flares
View attachment 1676858

3 (of at least 4 total) Days of Paint Correction
View attachment 1676860

View attachment 1676861

Glass Coat (TBD)
u6xfpu4ioacebq0lr1rlexz3zuaxxils

So, you aren't going with the minimum pieces of flare? Sorry, had to quote Office Space.

Lots this week...

Painted my 20" wheels black - big enhancement
Removed Jap Nav head unit with the integrated climate controls
Replaced the entire dash and a 53 wire pin-out to a dial style climate unit
New Pioneer head unit with Android Auto
Rear camera and wiring to auto connect in reverse
Thule Roof Bars

Such a great car - 1998 and its only done 120,000 kilometres and in mint condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom