Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The first parts to be a final color, waiting for clear:

20180108_145150.jpg

20180108_145211.jpg

20180108_145330.jpg

20180108_150050.jpg

There was a ton of slop in the door pulls. Ive seen others' fixes but ran it by the resto shop for their advice. Zak pulled a rivet head bolt out of his supplies and ground it to match the original. Problem solved. Paired with the new door latch, there wont be any slop at all.

door handle.jpg

door handle 2.jpg

20180109_120834.jpg

Popping up from the rabbit hole for a quick breath of fresh air.

I have spent the last few months gathering more pieces and parts in preparation of reassembly. The hardtop and doors were fitted one last time and then onto finish sanding.

After making sure everything was just right and we didnt miss any PO holes, color is starting to happen.

I am really happy with how the color turned out. Looking forward to the coming months as we start the reassembly process.
20180313_101403.jpg

Side3.jpg

20180328_103659.jpg

20180405_111148.jpg

20180412_085809.jpg

I'm gonna start on a second one before you get this one back together!

Glad you are still trucking along, I hope the busy schedule has slowed a bit. Winter may be coming to an end there!

I'm gonna start on a second one before you get this one back together!

Glad you are still trucking along, I hope the busy schedule has slowed a bit. Winter may be coming to an end there!

So am I.....

This winter has been challenging with the crazy weather. We had snow yesterday and now its 73*. Our schedule is about to ramp up again for the spring soccer season but luckily, our painter has the 40 in the schedule. Ive been enjoying your MT pics, keep them coming.

Jesse

Had to come out of my own burrow to tell you that green looks fantastic. Looking forward to assembly pictures.

You should be together for plenty of warm weather driving -- looking forward to seeing that jewel in person!

Thanks, Dave. We've still got a little more work to go, hopefully get some miles on it later this summer. I am hoping to have the tub back next month so I can start bolting parts onto it instead of guarding them in my basement like Smaug.

Today, bedsides the horrible weather, the firewall and underside of the dash were painted. Next steps will be chipguard on the floor and underside. It will be a few weeks to give the paint time to cure in case any of the chipguard needs to be sanded off of the paint.

20180417_150759.jpg

Dash 1.jpg
Firewall.jpg
Gf1.jpg
Gf2.jpg

I've followed this thread since the beginning of my resto using it and TractorDoc 's as a great resource. Seeing your paint go on as I just start cutting into my rusted tub is very inspiring.

Good luck. We've been moving painfully slow but making progress. It takes alot of hours to fit and double check body parts, especially since alot of ours were not original to this truck.

The paint is also motivating me to get the rest of my end moving.

Hopefully everyone is having a great holiday weekend.

My dad and I spent Saturday morning with the scouts decorating graves at the OH, Western Reserve National Cemetary. Many hands make short work and a flag was placed at each of the 35k plus graves in about an hour.

20180526_092352.jpg

20180526_103544.jpg

No spring weekend would be complete for us without at least a few soccer games. Our girls swept through a 4 game tournament with 1 goal allowed to take the win. They were very excited as they were playing an age group ahead and scored off of a header which they arnt allowed to do in their normal U11 division.

20180527_143635.jpg

And finally, on the 40, we are creeping along. Base clear has had enough curing time. The floor and underside is prepped for chipguard to happen this week. Painters are also doing a second batch of pewter to finish up the seat parts. Upholstery should show some progress in the coming weeks as well.

Bai.jpg

20180526_222829.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom