April Meeting and Summer Calendar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang!

April Meeting will be Saturday the 14th at MAP Brewing.
I jumped the gun and it was briefly on the calendar wrong...blame the new guy :bang:

The summer calendar is also posted!!! Calendar
We have some of the favorites; The Morrison, The Dunes, Goose Creek Lake... and some new trails to try out. We are also planning a 3 day trip to the Magruder Road Corridor over Labor Day. This should be a blast, though not the most technical trail. There are still some open weekends that could be filled, we're always looking for input from you guys if there's somewhere we missed.
Keep in mind the snowpack we received this year is bound to impact our plans in the higher elevations well into summer. So we'll just roll with it and see what happens.

St. Anthony Sand Dunes is set for the first trip, May 5-6. So dig out your MaxTrax and get ready :steer:

Thanks Guys! It's gonna be a great season!!!

First meeting Ill be able to make since January! Looking forward to it!

First meeting Ill be able to make since January! Looking forward to it!

Don't think I'll be able to make the meeting but will for sure be there for the sand dunes!

I'm super excited for trail season. here's my plans for this summer:

Sounds like a couple of us are going to go camp out in the Tobacco Roots on May 12th. Was originally planning on going May 5th but count me in for sand dunes!

Last year we ran Elkhorn June 10th. you have Ringing rocks on the calendar that weekend but I would be interested in running Elkhorn the weekend after that. Depending on the snow, i don't think its too much of an issue on that trail. That ones a day trip. Easy trail but it is a good one with lotsa photo ops. #forthegram

Also, I know that I would like to get a group together to do north meadows twin lakes and try for Mecleavy (forgot how to spell it). July 7th or July 21st are open. i would hate to miss the BBQ on the 14th but i know later in July might be better. I would want to do an overnight because that area awesome to camp out at, and i don't want to feel rushed.

I also never got to see Wicks Tunnel last year so I'm going to try and run that one maybe Aug 18th or 25th? Might make it an over night and hit some of the other trails in the boulder area.

Magruder Sounds fun. Time to test the fuel range limits of the FJC. There's a Toyota club out of Missoula that does it every year.

@JohnnyOshow22 and i were going to check out the new guide book and try to coordinate our schedules to see if there was any trails in there that were of interest. Hes looking for big rocks.

Last edited:

Sounds like a couple of us are going to go camp out in the Tobacco Roots on May 12th. Was originally planning on going May 5th but count me in for sand dunes!

Last year we ran Elkhorn June 10th. you have Ringing rocks on the calendar that weekend but I would be interested in running Elkhorn the weekend after that. Depending on the snow, i don't think its too much of an issue on that trail. That ones a day trip. Easy trail but it is a good one with lotsa photo ops. #forthegram

Also, I know that I would like to get a group together to do north meadows twin lakes and try for Mecleavy (forgot how to spell it). July 7th or July 21st are open. i would hate to miss the BBQ on the 14th but i know later in July might be better. I would want to do an overnight because that area awesome to camp out at, and i don't want to feel rushed.

I also never got to see Wicks Tunnel last year so I'm going to try and run that one maybe Aug 18th or 25th? Might make it an over night and hit some of the other trails in the boulder area.

Magruder Sounds fun. Time to test the fuel range limits of the FJC. There's a Toyota club out of Missoula that does it every year.

@JohnnyOshow22 and i were going to check out the new guide book and try to coordinate our schedules to see if there was any trails in there that were of interest. Hes looking for big rocks.

@ttFJC Im going to have to choose sand dunes or the tabacco roots. That early in may I really dont think we'll make it that far in the TB's so im leaning more towards the dunes. Looked at the calendar and looks like most of July ill be making nothing but will for sure be going on the morrison trip in august

Yes, I want to go to the sand dunes! Last year was a great learning experience for me in the 200. Then I started going to fast and some cargo and the cooler almost came over the back seat. Secure your gear!

Hey all, new guy here to MUD and I’m looking to meet some local people and get in on some trail fun. I’m in the Bozeman/Belgrade area. I drive a black FJ that needs to be used like it’s supposed to be plus I want to get out and see more of Montana.

Is the meeting next week open to new comers?

Hey all, new guy here to MUD and I’m looking to meet some local people and get in on some trail fun. I’m in the Bozeman/Belgrade area. I drive a black FJ that needs to be used like it’s supposed to be plus I want to get out and see more of Montana.

Is the meeting next week open to new comers?
Definitely, It's the perfect time to meet everyone!

Im in for the group to do twin lakes and Mckelvy, I've never been up there in the summer so its for sure on the list of things to get done.

Im also looking to check out some of the trails in that new guidebook, Im in much the same boat as @JohnnyOshow22, I'm hungry for big rocks. If I cant find any here Ill be making a trip down to Colorado in July to get my fix.

@ttFJC Im going to have to choose sand dunes or the tabacco roots. That early in may I really dont think we'll make it that far in the TB's so im leaning more towards the dunes. Looked at the calendar and looks like most of July ill be making nothing but will for sure be going on the Morrison trip in August

Even if everyone drops out on going to twin lakes the weekend after the dunes Ill probably still head up there and give it a go. Worst case there are some other trails in the area that will be open that I have yet to check out.

Im in for the group to do twin lakes and Mckelvy, I've never been up there in the summer so its for sure on the list of things to get done.

Im also looking to check out some of the trails in that new guidebook, Im in much the same boat as @JohnnyOshow22, I'm hungry for big rocks. If I cant find any here Ill be making a trip down to Colorado in July to get my fix.

Even if everyone drops out on going to twin lakes the weekend after the dunes Ill probably still head up there and give it a go. Worst case there are some other trails in the area that will be open that I have yet to check out.
I'm just thinking realistically with the amount of time before long road trips I have this summer that the second weekend of May might turn into a massive maintenance weekend for me. Pulling front rear diffs and rebuilding hubs on 4 corners will be a tall order before memorial day

I'm just thinking realistically with the amount of time before long road trips I have this summer that the second weekend of May might turn into a massive maintenance weekend for me. Pulling front rear diffs and rebuilding hubs on 4 corners will be a tall order before memorial day

If you end up needing help spinning a wrench that weekend let me know. I'm in a similar situation knowing I need to replace basically everything in the front end, I'm just trying to nurse it through the summer until I can afford to do everything at once

If you end up needing help spinning a wrench that weekend let me know. I'm in a similar situation knowing I need to replace basically everything in the front end, I'm just trying to nurse it through the summer until I can afford to do everything at once
That's my biggest problem haha, I known I've put all this off way too long and the deadlineis to get it done before memorial day. I'm driving back and forth from Colorado 3 times this summer. Memorial day weekend 5 day trip, headed there for my wedding mid July and then again the week after for our honeymoon in the San Juans for a week! No time for break downs! Also with the late summer wheeling we'll have up here I won't have much wrenching time. Definitely going on the morisson trip and I'm sure we'll go on a bunch of other overnighters before school starts back up. I'll let you know about the wrenching. I should have everything I need before May.

I missed the last meeting and had to work and also I am old and forgot what time it was.

Are we going to the sand dunes? Nothing has been posted about details yet and I need to put in for time off. I am not a good typer and a bad speller otherwise I would start a a new post thing just for the trip. Any info...

Last edited:
I missed the last meeting and had to work and also I am old and forgot what time it was.

Are we going to the sand dunes? Nothing has been posted about details yet and I need to put in for time off. I am not a good typer and a bad speller otherwise I would start a a new post thing just for the trip. Any info...

Sand dunes is happening. Weekend of the 5th. I was also waiting for an official thread to be posted. Idk if anyone had taken charge to set up a meeting time or convoy detail as of yet. @MontanaLax ? Couple of us I have talked to are thinking of going down the 4th and camping out Friday night. I’m leaning towards this option possibly but I’m not sure. It would be a slow traveling group.

Sand dunes is happening. Weekend of the 5th. I was also waiting for an official thread to be posted. Idk if anyone had taken charge to set up a meeting time or convoy detail as of yet. @MontanaLax ? Couple of us I have talked to are thinking of going down the 4th and camping out Friday night. I’m leaning towards this option possibly but I’m not sure. It would be a slow traveling group.

Depending on what time you guys leave Id be down to leave on Friday. I wouldn't be able to leave until around 4:30 though... So if a group goes down earlier on Friday I might just haul ass down there once I get off work to meet up with you guys.

Depending on what time you guys leave Id be down to leave on Friday. I wouldn't be able to leave until around 4:30 though... So if a group goes down earlier on Friday I might just haul ass down there once I get off work to meet up with you guys.

I would leave around 5 if i left on Friday night so we could convoy. i drive 85 but you go through big sky so it might be traffic and weather dependent how fast we can really get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom