Canyonlands NPS White Rim Road information (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about doing this trail over 3 days and 2 nights sometime in the summer. Have anyone done this trail before and can provide some inputs on it? I assume that the trail is stocker-friendly but a confirmation would be great. Any recommendation on campsites? Are the permits difficult to obtain? This is just an idea at the moment but I would like start researching. Thanks.

Done it a few times the summer is going to be uncomfortable IMO. The last time Ms LCP and myself did it we Iron maned it in one day although I dont recommend it only because there is a lot to see. If you are solo 2 days works nice with enough time to do side trips. Get going ASAP on reserving a camp site as they fill up fast with the biking crowd.

img_3495-jpg.1277087

Thank you Phil for the information. I will look into the temperature during the summer night to see if it's tolerable.

Not something you want to camp on in high temps! You will be miserable. Totally stock friendly. It's a bumpy road with a few step ascents and descents. Two nights is a good #.

Not something you want to camp on in high temps! You will be miserable. Totally stock friendly. It's a bumpy road with a few step ascents and descents. Two nights is a good #.

Thank you for the information, look like I might have to reschedule.

we ran the whole trail in a day - and I did it in the 40 :steer:

if campsites are full, you could run it three times in three days (stay the nights in a Moab motel) and focus on different things to see each day :idea:

we ran the whole trail in a day - and I did it in the 40 :steer:
I was on that run! And we had a couple diesels - it was 7 or 8 rigs too. Covered a lot dirt that day but still got to walk Musselman's arch, lunch stop, and a few other stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom