'94 FZJ80 A/C turns off at low RPMs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I have a 1994 petrol FZJ80 MT. The compressor turns off when idle (RPMs below 1000). If I step on the gas an bring the RPMs back up it turns back up. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Thanks!

Throw gauges on it. I bet it's a little low on Freon.

Does yours have a sight glass? I'm not sure if an Ecuadorian 80 would have R-12 or R-134 in '94. In the US, they switched over May of '93, so some "early" '93s (like mine) are R-12 and the later '93 through '97 are R-134. Is there a sticker on the core support?

Does yours have a sight glass? I'm not sure if an Ecuadorian 80 would have R-12 or R-134 in '94. In the US, they switched over May of '93, so some "early" '93s (like mine) are R-12 and the later '93 through '97 are R-134. Is there a sticker on the core support?
My 80 is japonese ;) I google and look for a sight glass

If I remember correctly, the AC amplifier behind the glove box a has an idle adjustment screw that sets the level of engine idle the AC kicks in at. Thinking it's a blue knob. I'll look for a pic
Wow that sounds like a fix. A/c works great. Is super hot here but my a/c never fails. Haven't checked the gas. Hopefully tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom