CSC March Meeting Agenda 3.16.2018 *Meeting Help Needed* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
CSC March Meeting Agenda 3.16.2018

CSC meeting help needed - Do to my travel schedule this month and looking forward CSC needs some options for members to help by conducting some meetings going forward. If you would like to help out and run some future meetings (starting this month) post up. As you know its very straight forward and you have a basic agenda to work off of.

Sonic <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM

Meeting agenda
  • Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members
  • Run of the month – Recent details and previous reports
  • Up coming ROTM Details
  • New business

I'm not sure yet about being in town or down south. I should know more by Wednesday

Thanks Dimples for taking March, I will be happy to help out and take a future meeting (April or May if needed?).

I would like to my two cents on this topic please:

Phil has been hosting these meetings every month for many years now and we all agree he does a great job with it. Just like Jay Leno did on the late night talk show, sometimes people need to plan time away or just let others step up. Some good memories of those late night shows was when there would be a "guest host". It was always just a little different and kept it fresh.

I would propose that as a club we take turns and have members help host these meetings - I think it would be awesome if some of our CSC brothers and sisters could help get involved. Remember, its really about telling everyone the meeting is starting, bringing up the 5 bullet points, and let the group collective talk about themselves or the topic first hand (new members, the recent group run, etc). Really if you think about it, it could be brief and mild to something more creative (bring snacks, do a presentation, review a off road topic, etc(?))

Most of all, there are plenty of club members there to make it a group conversation and the host is really there to keep it moving and bringing up the next topic for discussion. Don't be shy and lets all take a turn so we can spread out the duty! I don't think Phil is backing away totally from hosting but asking for a new direction of getting the club folks be more active and be more involved. Even if you're new to the club, there are plenty of people there that will speak up and keep it more interactive. We are all there to B.S. anyway, might as well do some of that in the meeting circle.

I encourage others to post up and volunteer to take a future meeting too.

Thanks!
Murf

Last edited:
@LandCruiserPhil you brought up charity work in the January meeting. Should we be bringing anything to the meetings for collection?

I will be there Friday night and take some pictures with my iPhone during the meeting. I'm sure they won't compare to Jacksons but best I can do.

I will be at the meeting, and would be happy to offer some last minute Ham VE testing tips to anyone that's planning to test for the Technician Level license on Saturday, Mar24.

For anyone interested in taking the Ham License test, please send me a PM so i can get you added to the roll. We have 3 people tentatively planned, and being a monthly test - there's no time like the present!

Thanks to all from the beaches of Mexico I will look forward to the meeting minutes

EegIPBuCGFSMydPGWoFxNkSEMM5FRe3vXD0Kq8TZmUVQ4C8O7RuPhf1xTcf3G0-OXldLGSKUcNY9NsQ20dChFI8UT2wxi2yYzXi4fe0QB1Z1QG9eXJvf16mz6RF_Tdakfp3JO76dxPk6cLRVkLdi6FZiibxn6PS4wC2TCFQcT-b3Pn9zl0uK9gdHnUxC1YlOxgVu_I4g3LmdHKZflp6bvo_RAR2Xo5thNx7OkImQU5Wx6XedVQ-wGedpKZAfFSgWgA7lrsVm_P5lqo5CdVa-coGxhhJ8vy6fQO1tKvHjamz8Nx4wPK2-WgaciSir7zOojEcZf0ntXuv-DiOpI2OyG9FrNsb18lycwg36e_LRKX4x3XAwmrLM6fX_VY5kvGNZtmwzW0WBIXYnP0gCFmMWQ1J2sdIN20rbIoed0-_RnYHRoH6E-1Qtj2BQZY4oBVu7dCQhaXR8GouyccefIz8MdYoQmQ0ScqoC8T5mfsCphGZkWz00VRl6MXleC0tuIXrkcpopzdYlrVj7jC2q_oVbH4hqWsewkkEWmNdA4WI6jfzL8inS9oShDs34-v5qgBFNQc6AIWFz5jbLmZVQ7esfMd-2x5qcPbAH61BwD7bt=w1344-h896-no

Last edited:
Can't make it again this month.. The tip of my key broke off in the ignition this morning.. :bang:. Locksmith is set up for Saturday..

Not going to make this one..

Copper State Cruisers - Monthly Phoenix Meeting notes
Friday, March 16, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
Tempe, AZ

Introduction of First-time guests

• Matt Jobin (no Mud name) – Matt owns a white ’97 FZJ80 with 144k miles. Unfortunately no lockers, but he has it about 3 years now. His daily driver is 4Runner trail. The 80 has an ICON lift, Metaltech 4x4 sliders, pioneer DVD in-dash, LED lights. He says it rides like a couch.
Introduction of New Members
Run of the Month
  • March (Tucson ROTM) - @D_Web has organized a ROTM in Tucson Tucson ROTM - March 17th/18th tomorrow at 9:00AM. The Tucson folks are trying to be more engaged and are usually leading a run every other month and holding a meeting down that way on the off months. This run will be down close to the boarder and there will be camping. Several folks from the Phoenix area will be attending.
  • April@Chrismanjs will be leading the April ROTM, details TBD
  • ♦ Copper State Classic Cruize ♦ April 22nd, 2018 Sunday, April 22nd will be the Classic Cruize which will be organized and led by @murf. The group will be doing the Montana Mountain Loop over by Superior, AZ. This trail probably can be done in 2wd. There is a big change in elevation over the trail and it's a beautiful run; last time we did this run there was a freak snowstorm and we almost had to turn around. Only trucks from 1989 and older are allowed (unless you may have a 1990 FJ62......).
  • May - @D1EZEL will be leading the May ROTM, details TBD
  • June - @Abigail will be leading the June ROTM, details TBD
  • July - @Dimples will be leading the July ROTM, details TBD
  • August - STILL AVAILABLE
  • September - STILL AVAILABLE
  • October - @brices123 will be leading what seems to be the annual Casner run---promises to be beautiful and lots of fun, as always!
New Business
  • Ham radio testing@verruckt1, @rctoyota and :princess:, @Ken in AZ are all testing for their technician licenses this next weekend, 7pm at the Red Cross headquarters downtown. The test is pretty east, just memorize the test questions that are available online at Hamstudy.org. @SimTechDJ will be testing for his General license tomorrow! Contact @LongDuck for testing tips and more information if you're interested in taking the HAM test! We encourage everyone to get their licenses.
  • Cruise Moab is still open for signups if anyone is still interested
  • Raffle - There was no raffle drawing at this meeting because LCP was off gallivanting in Mexico!:steer:
  • Thank you @Dimples for volunteering to lead this meeting in the absence of our fearless leader! Thank you @Saddletramp for standing in as amateur photographer in the absence of our other fearless leader!

(@Abigail is going to work harder at posting the CSC minutes more timely so the information is not outdated by the time it gets on the thread..... sorry guys!:confused:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom