SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll gladly bring more local beers again this year. However, my favorite drink on the trip last year was the Snow Capped peach cider on tap at the Floradora Saloon in Telluride when we stopped for lunch between Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass. Thanks to @beno's friend Alex for setting us up for a great meal!
I enjoyed the porter or stout that I think you brought. I will defiantly bring some local brews again.

Love the beer idea. Micro breweries have been a huge thing for Michigan so I will plan to bring some of my favorites.

So to be sure... Should I get a spot starting the night of the 7th through the night of the 11th? Thanks!
We are staying at the KOA Tuesday the 7th to Friday the 10th. Hopefully camping in the woods the last night if t works out!

@Mr Cimarron you should take the reins on the craft beer gig, I’m still in the quantity over quality stage so I have a hard time appreciating the hype...;)

We are staying at the KOA Tuesday the 7th to Friday the 10th. Hopefully camping in the woods the last night if t works out!

@Mr Cimarron you should take the reins on the craft beer gig, I’m still in the quantity over quality stage so I have a hard time appreciating the hype...;)
Ha! Yeah Coors Light doesn't count as "craft". I think I can borrow a shallow 4' long trough here at work that we use for beer at festivals. If it fits on my roof rack I will bring it.

I can't seem to separate quality and quantity! Than said, there's nothin' wrong with a Coors Light on a hot day after working your arse off, especially when those mountains on the can are really blue!

My wife says we’re bringing margaritas!! :eek: :D

I enjoyed the porter or stout that I think you brought. I will defiantly bring some local brews again.
Stopped by Kokoman's yesterday and spotted the stout of which you speak - El Malpais Stout. Named after a fantastic National Monument in west-central New Mexico. Some of the neatest features are the big lava tubes you can explore. One of the lava tubes has a ceiling height of about 40 feet, and runs continuous (without ceiling collapse) for 1,700 feet. Another is Braided Cave, with two intertwined and connected lava tubes with ceilings over 10 feet high.

Big Skylight Cave.jpg

Braided Cave.jpg

What's the status of the wait list? I might be able to make this and/or just show up and crash the party. I live in Fort Collins and could maybe just load up the rig with local beer, that usually makes fast friends... :D

The 4 directors of SAS have decided to exclude ourselves from the official count. That has given the guys on the waiting list an opportunity to attend this year. If we have anyone that can not make it we will offer those spots as they become available.
The lists on page #2 and post #123 are the current attendees. If you have not paid or contacted me with arrangements please do so soon. The badges go into production soon and the other items will need to be paid for also.
Speaking of badges, any of the first year attendees wanting a badge for year one please either PM or E-Mail me. These will go into production as soon as this years batch is complete. The price on these will be $20 and limited to only first year attendees.
These can be purchased through the same PayPal Account, solidaxle2018@gmail.com, please leave a comment with SAS #1 badge and send as a gift so I can keep track of these.
Thanks, Casey..

Last edited:
Getting my rig dialed in for the summer SAS trip, I now have finally found small pin hole leaks in my after market aluminium radiator(6 months old) ,that are responsible for the loss of coolant I have been noticing. So.. being under warranty, I am waiting for the new one to put in.

Getting my rig dialed in for the summer SAS trip, I now have finally found small pin hole leaks in my after market aluminium radiator(6 months old) ,that are responsible for the loss of coolant I have been noticing. So.. being under warranty, I am waiting for the new one to put in.

What brand radiator are you running?

Closer daily. :D
CDC24653-09C8-4A2B-9D37-C08ABEE36229.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom