Carolina Relic Run 26-29 April (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm registered!

Now time to give The 40 some love!

Registered! Got to get my radio installed, cig lighter fixed and trim down my new weather stripping so the front doors shut properly. And maybe...just maybe wire up my Engel fridge.

I'll be taking off Thursday and Friday so hoping to leave early Thursday morning. I figure it'll take us 7-8 hours to get there.

Registered! Got to get my radio installed, cig lighter fixed and trim down my new weather stripping so the front doors shut properly. And maybe...just maybe wire up my Engel fridge.

I'll be taking off Thursday and Friday so hoping to leave early Thursday morning. I figure it'll take us 7-8 hours to get there.
Easiest way to get to the cigarette lighter is to take the ashtray out. There are 2 connections, on spade connector to the outside and a bullet type in the center.
Take the connectors off, then the outside spins off the inner piece from behind the dash. Stick your finger in the socket while spinning the back off to keep it from twisting.
Then check for voltage between the two connectors.
I had good luck with Zerorust and some fine sand paper on the lighter socket.

In case you are thinking about it, don't power up the radio trough the cig lighter. Connect directly to the battery for both ground and power.

Yeah, separate purposes. I just need the cigarette lighter to power the cell phone, GPS, mobile radio, etc.

I'm registered, riding down with Chris and Brother Burl.

Don't worry Jeff, you look and act the part, so I'm sure you will fit right in.

I didn't see when registering but does the fee include a tee shirt or do we have to buy it separately?

Fee includes the T-shirt, but does not include the $5 daily trail fee.
I didn't see where to include the size though, and forgot to put it in my PayPal instructions, so I emailed the contact email in my PP receipt with my size requirement and he got right back to me.

Didn't think about the T-shirt?!?!

I'm thinking about not driving the 40 so I can wheel the 80. I'm not going to make coal miner this year so this is my only chance to wheel this year. I think it'd be fun but a waste to drive all the way down there in my 40 and only wheel the Relic Run Saturday morning.

Patrick, I was thinking the same thing. I had it in my mind to bring the garage Queen, thinking it was more of a museum wheeling weekend. I think I would regret not wheeling with the big boys the rest of the weekend. Dune Beige forty it is. Of course I was trailering either way, so your decision seems even easier.

I'm thinking about not driving the 40 so I can wheel the 80. I'm not going to make coal miner this year so this is my only chance to wheel this year. I think it'd be fun but a waste to drive all the way down there in my 40 and only wheel the Relic Run Saturday morning.

Patrick, I was thinking the same thing. I had it in my mind to bring the garage Queen, thinking it was more of a museum wheeling weekend. I think I would regret not wheeling with the big boys the rest of the weekend. Dune Beige forty it is. Of course I was trailering either way, so your decision seems even easier.

I was just thinking the same thing!!
I'm going to leave the cream puff at home and wheel the s*** out of My Junk!!
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom