One Stop Shop - Local Resource for your Cruiser Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I don't think you're "that guy", I didn't have a great experience there either so that's why I didn't mention that one.

I don't think there should be any special problems with mine it was fine before I cranked the torsion bars a bit. mostly I would think it just needs the camber adjusted. Thanks for the tip on Firestone. I had a Troublesome Corvette about a year-and-a-half ago and Scotty at Southwest Corvette recommended t Firestone at 10151 Coors, a guy named Cyrus, he did a good job. Alignments seem to be pretty expensive across the border around here. That's why I was wondering about the dealer or toyomasters it's all about the same price it seems?!

I take mine to the Firestone on Coors as well, near Alameda. I paid for the lifetime , which I think was like $200, but I have had 3 alignments with them so far, and will be getting another here soon as soon as I do some front end work, like replacing the tie rods.

Does anyone have experience with a shop that will replace a front windshield? I do not want to jump right into a safelight unless i know they can treat their cruisers with care.

I bet everyone has their favorite glass shop. I did learn one thing from replacing few windshields and that is safelite brand of glass is the least expensive and possibly with a high degree of distortion. For my Toyota vehicles, I ask for the PWG or Pilkington brand of glass, which is what Toyota uses as OEM. For my European car, I ask for the Sekurit brand of glass. The cost has been around $250 (+/-) for these glasses.

I've used Horizon auto glass for my needs on three vehicles so far and have been very happy with them.

I bet everyone has their favorite glass shop. I did learn one thing from replacing few windshields and that is safelite brand of glass is the least expensive and possibly with a high degree of distortion. For my Toyota vehicles, I ask for the PWG or Pilkington brand of glass, which is what Toyota uses as OEM. For my European car, I ask for the Sekurit brand of glass. The cost has been around $250 (+/-) for these glasses.

I've used Horizon auto glass for my needs on three vehicles so far and have been very happy with them.

Toyota uses the above brands for only US vehicles.

LCs/4Runners received Asahi Glass Corporation Glass (AGC). Made in Japan and nice stuff. Pricey.

For glass I've used Auto Glass Now 9906 Indian School Rd NE. Cheapest I've found. With the frequency of windscreen replacements I just don't want them to leak, and they haven't.

Does anyone know if
Specialty Communications
(505) 294-6100
201 Conchas St SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123
Can adjust and tune a Cobra 75?

I can get my SWR to about 1-1:25 but still the radio doesn’t seem to work very well. I know that the Cobra75 is just an ok radio, but I don’t reall have room for anything bigger. So it would be nice to get this checked out and tuned

Does anyone know if
Specialty Communications
(505) 294-6100

I can get my SWR to about 1-1:25 but still the radio doesn’t seem to work very well. I know that the Cobra75 is just an ok radio, but I don’t reall have room for anything bigger. So it would be nice to get this checked out and tuned

Used to use them for the radios in wreckers, they did good work but never did anything with them for CB's.
I know my trucker buddy does everything with Mesa CB at the truck stop on Menaul and University 505-883-8080... I've never been in there myself though

Used to use them for the radios in wreckers, they did good work but never did anything with them for CB's.
I know my trucker buddy does everything with Mesa CB at the truck stop on Menaul and University 505-883-8080... I've never been in there myself though
thanks

I believe Mesa CB radio is closed.

Does anyone know if
Specialty Communications
(505) 294-6100

Your SWR is pretty great actually, so the problem must lie elsewhere. Might have to check the communication section of Mud to see if there are any particular things that this radio likes, I wouldn't think so. I don't want to clutter up this thread with the troubleshooting steps but I bet they exist in the comm section.

Thanks

My boss recently gave me some good suggestions for driveshaft as he just went through this with two local outfits.

Wilson was on time and item was modified exactly to his specifications.

He was disgusted with Abq Driveshaft & Axle on 417 Summer Ave NW. He called them "bunch of hacks". :hillbilly:

Driveshaft

Wilson's Drive Shaft and Drive Axle

Address: 2230 Phoenix Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 4:30PM
Phone: (505) 888-3358

Last edited:
He was disgusted with Abq Driveshaft & Axle on 417 Summer Ave NW. He called them "bunch of hacks". :hillbilly:

Agree. During Cruise Moab 2010 I twisted my driveshaft on the FJ40. It was one of their shafts. Garbage materials.

IMGP4310.JPG

IMGP4312.JPG

How long was that piece of tubing? Like 2", you would think that would be strong enough

My boss recently gave me some good suggestions for driveshaft as he just went through this with two local outfits.

Wilson was on time and item was modified exactly to his specifications.

Driveshaft

Wilson's Drive Shaft and Drive Axle

Address: 2230 Phoenix Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 4:30PM
Phone: (505) 888-3358

Ditto on Wilson's
He did my rear on the 94 with carrier bearing, rear on the 85 with long spline, rear rebuild on the 4Runner.
Generally only a day or two turn around, and he was OK using parts I brought him

Ok, another shout out to Wilson, based on the experience by @clownmidget, Mike, who swung through ABQ yesterday with a busted front double cardon DS for a JK. Wilson took care of him same day before 3pm and Mike was on his way to NV. He is driving from NY to Death Valley.

Ditto Wilson's. Eric is a good dude. Did my F350 rear drive shaft, all u-joints and carrier for $100. I brought him just the shaft.

@alia176 can you make the following additions to the first post.

Powder coating: Absolute Powder Coating, 2400 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107. 505/369-1641

Engine Rebuild: Knighton's Automotive Machine Shop, 1101 2nd St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102. 505-247-0257

Girlfriend needs a transmission fluid flush, GX460, is there a shop in ABQ that do the close system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom