Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow Stump I'd love to have one of these but from what I see they're expensive! Does yours have NPT of British Standard threads?
The pump was a freebie from @emorth.
I had spare alligator clips from an old inverter, some spare wires, a 12v relay, and a momentary switch, and just had to source some hose and some brass fittings.
I ran a switch along the fill hose to control the pump.
Total investment is less than $20.
It's dead simple.

Last edited:
Did some work with the metal brake, re-welded the v groove since it wasnt quite right. Threw it on the press and bent my 1st peice of plate, 1/4"x2", not bad!

break on welding table.jpg

metal break on press.jpg

metal break 1st bend .25in.jpg

IMG_3001.JPG

The next project!

Drove to OTRAMM, picked up a lower tail gate (Thanks Gary and Ryan), changed the PCV, installed the tail gate, failed at fixing our microwave =/, installed a new charcol canister. Beers and movie night next... my kind of day

:beer::popcorn::cheers:

Drove to OTRAMM, picked up a lower tail gate (Thanks Gary and Ryan), changed the PCV, installed the tail gate, failed at fixing our microwave =/, installed a new charcol canister. Beers and movie night next... my kind of day

:beer::popcorn::cheers:
Club dues have turned out to be a pretty good investment... :bounce::beer:

The a/c compressor locked up on the way down to Florida. We're fortunate that it is not humid and relatively mild and I'm going to wait until I get home. They are cheaper than I thought they were going to be--$180 for a Denso from RockAuto.

The a/c compressor locked up on the way down to Florida. We're fortunate that it is not humid and relatively mild and I'm going to wait until I get home. They are cheaper than I thought they were going to be--$180 for a Denso from RockAuto.

That makes it nice to have a serpentine belt!

This on the 80? The AC shuts down at 217F coolant temps (which don't register high on the dash water temp gauge) but I assume you confirmed it's the compressor.

Has anyone here swapped a steering rack on a 100 series?

Yes, It's not a lot of fun. Manual says to pull the oil filter housing and cooler off. You can avoid that if you take the drivers motor mount loose and lift the engine up. Rack goes all the way to the passenger side then pulls out the front on the driver side.

Yes, It's not a lot of fun. Manual says to pull the oil filter housing and cooler off. You can avoid that if you take the drivers motor mount loose and lift the engine up. Rack goes all the way to the passenger side then pulls out the front on the driver side.

thanks! anyone want to assist? hahaha

I have a compressor for a '94 1FZ as well, though, probably better to buy once and cry once.

Thanks, but I think I'm just going to cry.

This truck needs a lot of TLC and I think its time to start getting on it. Oil leaks, paint maintenance, minor rust repair, upholstery repair, etc. Should keep me busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom