Undercarriage cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d be in for this!

I'm extremely interested in this opportunity. I don't know how much it would help but I have jack stands, jacks, hi lift, that I can contribute to the cause. I'm sure you are looking to get the rigs higher off the ground, but that's all I've got. Either way, I'd be very interested in the cleaning opportunity.

Hi
I have been in the dc area for the last 7 years, and drive an 86FJ 60 ad my daily driver. A while back I went to a CCLC meeting at Kilroys and have always kept tabs on the forums. I am planning on making the meeting in April, and was looking for exactly what you all got going on here. Looking to get a full clean so I can spray my undercarriage. Looking forward to meeting you all at some point

I would prefer to use ramps or an open trailer as I will be the one under it running the guns

How high do you need the vehicle to be? What would be ideal and what would be minimum clearance needed? Give me some parameters and I'll see what I can dig up that will address access and safety concerns.

IMG_3053.JPG

Actually that height would be ideal. maybe something a bit more substantial to hold it up there.
I can suit up in a tyvek and some PPE and get under most of the vehicles without much trouble in reality but anything helps.

One of these used car stands would be nice.

IMG_3059.JPG

My trailer is pretty good for this type of job. It's how I power wash my 40 after a weekend of wheeling.
Here is a pic of a stock 80 on the trailer, for perspective.
20161218_120858.jpg

My trailer is pretty good for this type of job. It's how I power wash my 40 after a weekend of wheeling.
Here is a pic of a stock 80 on the trailer, for perspective.
View attachment 1656737

That trailer would probably be the best bet. 1MOA will probably chime in. I haven't been able to find anything better than that. I was angling for help from a buddy that manages a dealership but they don't have anything that will work better than the ramps I have.

now we just need to work out a Date. Figure we would wait till it gets a little nicer weather out.

Bumping

@1MOA my weekends are full also. I can't do that date. But if others can find a spot to do it. I will just bow out this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom