Another Android Nav replacement. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Palo Alto, California & Squamish, British Columbia
10.4" Tesla-style Vertical Screen Android Navigation Radio for Lexus GX 470 2003 - 2009

Has anybody heard of this one?

The unit offers plug and play compatibility with 2003-2009 GX with Nav, with on-screen audio climate controls on-screen, AD2P bluetooth, Google Play store, much like the Grom Vline but with a better, higher resolution screen. They market as Tesla-like.

The donwside; 2 gb of ram (lame!), and Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), 4 major versions old. The current version of Android is 8.0 and soon to be 9.0

Personally I'm happy after replacing my CD changer with the Yatour Bluetooth adapter but if a more updated version of this new unit comes out I would consider springing for the upgrade.

There are cases being discussed in gxor. Fully functional on non and nav

No fb for me. I'll just wait for somebody to summarize and post outside of fb. I'm in no hurry.

Just a FYI the 2 gig version i purchased is currently running android 6.0.1 and works flawlessly on my 2005 non nav model GX.
The unit is also reasonably fast .... well worth the trade off of a semi slow boot up for all the added functionality it brings....such as provision for front and rear cameras,blue tooth and navigation from my phone (offline maps can be used when out of cell range.) and the GPS antennae it comes with is very fast to acquire satellites....overall i'm very pleased.

Just a FYI the 2 gig version i purchased is currently running android 6.0.1 and works flawlessly on my 2005 non nav model GX.
The unit is also reasonably fast .... well worth the trade off of a semi slow boot up for all the added functionality it brings....such as provision for front and rear cameras,blue tooth and navigation from my phone (offline maps can be used when out of cell range.) and the GPS antennae it comes with is very fast to acquire satellites....overall i'm very pleased.

Ok. so they probably didn't update their web page. Thanks for the new info!

So now can finally buy a nav model without worrying how to connect phone to it?

There seemed to be issues still with the 07-09 models not being fully integrated yet. Still looks like they are working through the CANBUS issues.

There seemed to be issues still with the 07-09 models not being fully integrated yet. Still looks like they are working through the CANBUS issues.

03-06 fully integrated? That's great news, now don't have to worry about getting non-nav to have decent phone compatibility, but I'm sure the issue with ML sound is still there where can only use specialized speakers.

03-06 fully integrated? That's great news, now don't have to worry about getting non-nav to have decent phone compatibility, but I'm sure the issue with ML sound is still there where can only use specialized speakers.
The ML nav/head unit is half the battle though. After that, replacing the speakers and amp with normal non crappy ones becomes easy.

The few pioneers working on this seemed to indicate the sound was much better with a few tweaks in the new head unit settings.

But sound can be so subjective based on content and personal preferences, I figure not everyone will be happy.

The few pioneers working on this seemed to indicate the sound was much better with a few tweaks in the new head unit settings.

But sound can be so subjective based on content and personal preferences, I figure not everyone will be happy.
I replaced the front door 6x9’s with Rockford Fosgate 4ohm speakers in my ML/Nav truck. Even that small mod was a HUGE improvement in sound quality.

I replaced the front door 6x9’s with Rockford Fosgate 4ohm speakers in my ML/Nav truck. Even that small mod was a HUGE improvement in sound quality.

You don't need to use 8ohm speakers in the doors with ML/Nav?

Does it have an AM / FM tuner? I checked the specs on the website but couldn't find anything about an actual "radio" receiver.

Any pics? I ordered one a month ago for my non-nav prado. We'll see how easy it goes in...

Mine showed up....just need to finish registering the Prado so I can bring it here to the shop and install it!

IMG_20180320_192437.jpg

IMG_20180320_192448.jpg

Tried to install over the weekend. Unfortunately they sent the wrong wiring harness. The climate controls basically wouldn't plug in. If anything, they were quick to reply and are sending a replacement now. No NAV or tunez til then. Hope I don't get pulled over...foreigner in a car with a missing head unit. Dodgy in any country...

I also managed to crack the left trim piece while removing it...any suggestions on where to find a replacement? I was being gentle but definitely pulled at the wrong angle and *snap* :crybaby:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom