iPad Mount V2: Strong, No-Drill, Vibration-Free $26 :) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
First... a past version fixed: Some time back I mounted an iPad using multiples of those magnetic steel ball mounts with a similar placement...but was never completely happy. It was fiddly to get placement just right, and the mounts tended to slowly peel off over time.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Super secure...ROCK steady (like ZERO vibration) and cheap/easy to place.
**Zero drilling required, so 100% reversible.
-Also...these mounts stand off enough that you can easily access the volume and tuning dials at any time.

What you lose: Visibility of CD track changing (does anyone use CDs any more?), but that is easily accessed in less than one second by simply moving the iPad over to the right two magnets while you fiddle.

Here is what it looks like mounted:

IMG_4951.jpg

A bit wider:

IMG_4948.JPG

4 Super solid mounts.

What's perfect about these mounts is that the rubber is soft and the magnets are super strong. So you can make small adjustments to placement if wanted, such as temporarily sticking the iPad to the right, using just two mounts in case you want access to CD buttons). Magnets are strong enough to hold incredibly well without necessarily always being perfectly flush, since the rubber surrounds are so soft.

IMG_4945.JPG

Which are two sets of these:

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 5.26.03 PM.png

On Amazon, here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773F8S74/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is unbelievably solid, shake-free and doesn't intrude into the passenger area.

If you're like me...you almost never use CD functions...but if I do want to, I simply move the iPad over, or up (magnets are strong enough to hold it with just two of the four while you fiddle) and then boom. Back it goes. No bump will dislodge it.

Only thing I will quickly re-do is attached the flat plates to a cheap, hard-plastic iPad back-cover so I can easily pop the iPad into another mount for other uses.

Anyway... Give it a shot. Basically $26 on Amazon.

M

Last edited:
I really wish I wasn’t wired in a way that makes me go dingo because those four logos aren’t parallel.

Heh... I thought of that when I saw the photo...BUT those can freely turn any way you want. They are on adjustable balls. I just yanked the iPad off for the picture and that’s where they were. In two seconds you can adjust/tighten them. :)

And ya, if they were fixed in place...I would have had to straighten them for sure. :)

I really wish I wasn’t wired in a way that makes me go dingo because those four logos aren’t parallel.

OK, just for you OCD types (usually me too)... Straightened. :moon:
Oh... and they are actually the same off-set on left and right compared to the volume and tuning dials. My camera was a wee bit off-center. :)

But here's the thing-- Once you've put pin-stripes all over your rig...sanded and touched up big scrapes and scuffs on your bumpers, sliders and etc...get the entire interior COVERED in trail dust... The fact that your grey magnet labels might not be perfectly aligned to 12:00 behind your iPad just doesn't bug ya as much. :meh: :hillbilly:

Here ya go! :rainbow::cheers:
IMG_4966.jpg

Is the magnet on the iPad side or the truck side? I had to remove the Nite I’ve magnet off my iPhone because I use it with my drone and it was causing magnetic (duh) interference with the controller. I like this idea but wouldn’t like it if I couldn’t use my iPad to control the drone.

Nicely done!

Yes, those magnets indeed are strong. I use 2x of those same Wizgear magnets, but with vent mount backs, on my modified suspension 650 horse sports car, to keep my cell phone from flying away. I concur, my phone doesn't move one bit.

Is the magnet on the iPad side or the truck side? I had to remove the Nite I’ve magnet off my iPhone because I use it with my drone and it was causing magnetic (duh) interference with the controller. I like this idea but wouldn’t like it if I couldn’t use my iPad to control the drone.

Magnet is on the dash unit. The iPad or phone just has a very thin, flat metal plate...thin enough to fit between most cases and the phone/iPad.

At this height on your cockpit, is it easy to focus on driving as well as following the iPad map?

I went with the RAM PUMP product ... fits wonderfully and seems to be super sturdy!
+QoGob7gSDiAIe0ccqpN7A.jpg

zC2vvlsYR9aQZBE6Zw8cgw.jpg

How’s that hold up offroad.

Haven’t been off road yet, but it does wedge itself extremely well so I bet it would be just fine. I shall report back once I do.

Only marginally related, but I can't see all this and not think of this link. Not my airline, but man I'd love to fly with that guy.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!

At this height on your cockpit, is it easy to focus on driving as well as following the iPad map?

That's a legit solution for sure, and I may ultimately adopt something like that in the future...though I'm not sure my wife would like that thing jutting out into her area. If I ever move to the big 12.9" iPad, I'd likely need something like that. I also see that my solution probably wouldn't work with the newest dash configuration like yours anyway because it would be too upright or too low. No anchor points big enough on the sides as I have on mine.

But anyway... As for me, I'll be hard pressed to feel the need. Eventually, I'll end up with HAM that might float out to the side like yours (I think @indycole has a nice/similar setup I do like).

Meanwhile...I don't see how any solution could be more shake-free than this goofy one of mine.

Any updates on this?
ha! ... Yes..... been off-road several times now. It is great. It is now a permanent fixture in the car ....

ha! ... Yes..... been off-road several times now. It is great. It is now a permanent fixture in the car ....
Can it also work on the driver side? I like how it also prevents crap from falling between the seats.

Can it also work on the driver side? I like how it also prevents crap from falling between the seats.

Hmmm... It may bump up against the steering wheel ....-but I guess you could use an extension arm to relo the iPad mount itself so you only have the airbag wedged in on the driver's side ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom