New CSC member Ken (Ken in AZ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please welcome new member #463 Kenneth R Waddill (@Ken in AZ).

Ken owns a 1993 80 Series Land Cruiser.

Welcome to the club Ken. Please tell us more about yourself and post up some pictures of your Land Cruiser.

Welcome aboard, Ken. Was good to meet you last Friday! Be sure to check out my original "HAMsters Unite" thread that I bumped as I know you were interested in getting your Ham Technician license. Take care,

:cheers:

:cheers:

IMG_0002.jpg

My 80 is a 1993, she just turned 250k miles. I have been busy the last couple months working on all the basics under the hood. The motor went through a complete rebuild about 2 years ago. Need to install the new water pump and thankfully that's the last thing on the list. Last Saturday was a complete rebuild of the front axle, what a messy job! OME lift and 315s and new HD tie rod and drag link with all new tie rod ends - thank you Marlin. Thinking about removing the front sway bar but can't decide. Next thing is a front winch bumper, I am looking for something used if anyone knows of one give me a shout. However I might just drop a winch plate and winch on the front and call it good.
I am an avid outdoorsman and bow hunter and volunteer on a search and rescue team.
I am really happy to join the club and look forward to getting to know everyone!

winch bumper for sale - the last of the original Metaltech bumpers, painted and installed by Kevin and John - asking $600

sorry I don't have a picture handy right now

winch bumper for sale - the last of the original Metaltech bumpers, painted and installed by Kevin and John - asking $600

sorry I don't have a picture handy right now
I don't know what an original metal tech bumper even looks like but for 600 I am interested.
Let me know when you can post a few pics.

dsc03340-jpg.1235517

picture of the actual bumper when installed new - from this thread: '93 80 vs. '97 LX

dsc03340-jpg.1235517

picture of the actual bumper when installed new - from this thread: '93 80 vs. '97 LX
Thea's a really nice looking bumper but I am thinking more along the lines of a plate style bumper as opposed to the tube bumper look. However thanks for letting me know and I will let a couple other friends know what you have for sale. Thanks

Hey, Ken - are you in for Ham VE Testing on Mar24? Sent you a PM, but you never read it. Reply back or PM me and I'll get you added. Take care,

Hey, Ken - are you in for Ham VE Testing on Mar24? Sent you a PM, but you never read it. Reply back or PM me and I'll get you added. Take care,
Hey LongDuck! Sorry I have been so crazy at work I have not had 5 minutes to relax. I won't make it for the 24th. I have not been keeping up with Mud, sorry missed your message!

No problem at all. The PM covers the contact info for Gary @ W7 I O .org which manages the VE Testing. Just let him know when you're ready to test. In the meantime, don't stress out over the study involved; it's not that difficult to score a 74% on the Technical test just to get your license. After that, it's just learn what you want to maintain your interest.

Welcome Ken!

Welcome Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom