What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut off the exhaust in order to finish my rear crossmember for the suspension overhaul. Also decided to replace my y-pipe and cats with the Magnaflow version. After unbolting the y-pipe of course I had to see how it sounded with open headers.

Quite impressive actually. But no power to match the sound unfortunately.

te magnaflow header and cat sound great much better than previous custom set up it had. Otramm got this clip of my truck after installing SS exhaust and luckily he happenedto have SS magnaflow in box so he threw it in.

Cut off the exhaust in order to finish my rear crossmember for the suspension overhaul. Also decided to replace my y-pipe and cats with the Magnaflow version. After unbolting the y-pipe of course I had to see how it sounded with open headers.

Quite impressive actually. But no power to match the sound unfortunately.

I'm also a fan of the Magnaflow exhaust. I want to change out my Y pipe still but I have dual Magnaflow high flow cats and Magnaflow Muffler and it sounds nice. If I were doing it again, I'd look at just a single cat to free up some room to route the piping up over the frame. Right now it's still in the stock type routing under the frame. I'm considering sleeving the frame and running it through the frame.

Replaced the bent tie rod with a bud built version and then replaced several of the aging and hardened vacuum lines under the hood as well as the PCV hose, valve, and grommet.

7F960BDC-A741-4F42-9351-17C088F5FB41.jpeg
A96137E9-5C48-4C70-9BEB-BA931598E715.jpeg
37B8D98A-DE1B-40E9-853A-C382804A7AF0.jpeg
3FFB653C-B030-4860-8D51-040FCF51E45F.jpeg

Installed a new hinge on the Campteq. Went with a heavy duty stainless steel piano hinge. Lovely weather for it...
The wife is such a trooper.
2KV_4jNoLRKV5WZ3yFBXfBL6BVp8AzXT4RcnSMxCVu0yACXwWaJ2uG_bj-RZiG_p_WatqzXzZHGFPTGgwY_cRaNtBUTZ65IUnEmTO7HCzQg8PMb8sqgcxkycj6LI3TNQ8vSf2bqdY-NFGyIThgELJIUb2OgrOYmltWzN7dLWbs-90MNWQZPzxu0amXZRFnhEX_lZVimG2BkgXCByuWBSMI5eMx6czdIyx09d_PXMFtfQtBlj39cR4r5Mg8ilGfAIYjcfNzS1W7toGw4bjGxoyfZubzeoyKX3XWt6E-AEFCtopW9c3qeg1XNK5_Lh8uZKLdVWtE-3veo_8SyhqumKCFiMNcp7pj3C0reYwip-zgQiTqLrTlnsqsEAWODjWKksaAkkNH9LJH_mm0yXpL4p9xVvJY2wKUep0woPOjS4lTHMmB7lcEJU-bryti91sYzmPRqa57CTVwJZPerHQ8G3yFKTcPgVlV9x4zAn5-4MV3P-1DIsz6ASs6y2OHmMDWMb2DXllU7SE5m4l4WmZziVGJbdDc1jjcnn_qcW9sl6DfrJ2Fjh5a5vKYhunwYcmLROiOtWmVSDrEHMbJoj3GcXPef9zWK7ykUWwYWekTSibD7bxzEDA6cA4onFkqTY0oMZFPUreJePzojug3B219PNrko5zNsBH5TKzw=w700-h933-no

Then with the sun back out on Sunday we put a coat of RV Silicone roof coating on the top. This sucker gets hot in the sun. Either a horrible mistake or a great improvement... we'll see!
(I don't think the wife knew she coordinated her hair thingy to the masking tape... or did she...)
w1fHYlC_R-xHa7KmA0gHb3D274xWRwLfLICt4vfr6T_apUQvZfCXdpCH87lC2BBMgQc62TZEPj5fIlvOV_wN2UUMQZKmHGdZ_MEQokr8hj2c2jtf-vDsZQp14aCUAujWmWflYoIyLtaQof8V_e8iEP2a4zDT5YZnKABc363uC37HDxlMF5_wJLHx9ijkVPY2tJSKmHmBmMPbLJDkvTZRnzFI43RfU-BZu4_76YnnXlthU8EQdTKKQRcCWI2ZrvsK9W3PEVsvGBNVjIsCtLuwPfjJ4rjwW9W-3A5RaQ8aR4sKsREUjyq8kQmdCumDuaTY5CFoIKB3V0BKXqRS2p91Vki5e-0O1dN8c9anKzQDJAYW33Dgm59a6a1ehqnn8mAHJdYrsAu8FIROQ4h_FjWAVsjksOy5UqrSIoGSIMAVpijbqdMPKUk2-TVlmpVPawtGnNOH9Sbj_JAOnbQDjTkcRCSFBLCq7nKx2jIEJYEsy5RXPuwcs1d8IGC1jKYksJSCGxhnLGgBMM84cFQ53Hvu3N3BWKFVJuqzbBEstbbWTT2NLLH5ipwPHnJBqxoiLTTL78e7iY2rkUIEDHCTS-dzkMufAm5gwkc1oZXuVAHmLQxKd0nXM5xaFnuMqGf8uFEfQ1oJnr5A-155IOwQ2231pZyePX7AXtLMXQ=w700-h933-no
Did you put something between the stainless and the aluminum? So they dont have a reaction. I really like how you cut you roof out, do you use it the popup area just as standing room? Or is there still a bed up top?

We used Sikaflex on all surfaces, but I worry that there could still be some reaction. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
There is a bed up there, but it's out for now while we work on it. There are rails that wood sections sit on and then a mattress on top of that. We move the rear 2 pieces on top of the front two if we want to be able to stand up inside after the bed isn't needed anymore.

te magnaflow header and cat sound great much better than previous custom set up it had. Otramm got this clip of my truck after installing SS exhaust and luckily he happenedto have SS magnaflow in box so he threw it in.

How's the butt dyno feel with this exhaust setup? Leaning toward this route.

We used Sikaflex on all surfaces, but I worry that there could still be some reaction. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
There is a bed up there, but it's out for now while we work on it. There are rails that wood sections sit on and then a mattress on top of that. We move the rear 2 pieces on top of the front two if we want to be able to stand up inside after the bed isn't needed anymore.

If you fully bedded it in sikaflex, there will be no issue. Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals are in contact with a common electrolyte, and a metallic path for electrons to flow. By fully bedding the hinge in sikaflex, you have removed the possibility of an electrolyte (water) being between the two dissimilar metals, thus eliminating the galvanic cell, the galvanic reaction, the loss of electrons in the aluminum, and thus, the corrosion of the aluminum.

If you fully bedded it in sikaflex, there will be no issue. Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals are in contact with a common electrolyte, and a metallic path for electrons to flow. By fully bedding the hinge in sikaflex, you have removed the possibility of an electrolyte (water) being between the two dissimilar metals, thus eliminating the galvanic cell, the galvanic reaction, the loss of electrons in the aluminum, and thus, the corrosion of the aluminum.
I just hope that the bolts aren't the link that could create the reaction. They are stainless bolts and the nut side would be touching the Aluminum via a washer.

A light coat of anything will work. Just to keep the bare surfaces from rubbing each other. On my aluminum trailer for my 18 wheeler on some places they had rubber gaskets, other places just black paint, and also some thin plastic like packing tape on some places. The headache rack I have on my Freightliner, just uses the protective film that the polished aluminum comes with. They bolt the ss piano hinges right over that, then just tear or cut off the excess. My entire trailer is aluminum, with SS hardware bolting it together.

not the weekend yet but getting ready for it. Throwing on some new springs and crossing my fingers the guys at @4x4labs get my bumper here by Friday!!!

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 6.21.26 PM.png

How's the butt dyno feel with this exhaust setup? Leaning toward this route.
it was immediate its helps all across the board not talking turbo here. but well worth it. and its stainless

E4249BA9-7CC5-4D4F-8A55-E74076B0DF86.jpeg
834F6FCE-7596-4DB4-8E1C-DEB308CDCA8F.jpeg
A8F329C9-0B8C-4B39-B276-D8EA7D6372F4.jpeg
25936F83-4737-4045-9E84-AE6EEB8A6A57.jpeg
Ok..... finished up my swing away “trail box”. I needed someplace to mount my water spigot, and throw commonly used items in. (Hence the T.P. Lol)..... now to start on my tire swing out!

Yes sir that’s the plan!! In our house Landcruiser is an almost sacred word and both my boys know that a Landcruiser is not a Jeep, trying to raise them right LOL. Both of them rode home from the hospital after they were born in Cruisers. My oldest has a Gaucho with Cruiser stickers all over it and loves to “work” on them with me whenever he can.

View attachment 1651820

View attachment 1651821

It doesn’t get any better than that! Enjoy every second!

I dig it. I’m going to see if Jason aka Trail Tailor aka @reevesci to build me one to fit on my swing out somehow. I have an idea. A little different than @mervo did.

That’s what I do. I see stuff on here, then I go out in the garage, and start building it with my “tweeks”. My wife just laughs.... she said she never knows what is going to come rolling out of the garage!

I like the one Mervo did, but I wanted this a little smaller. Basically big enough to hold my Coleman stove.

That’s what I do. I see stuff on here, then I go out in the garage, and start building it with my “tweeks”. My wife just laughs.... she said she never knows what is going to come rolling out of the garage!

I can come up with ideas (sometimes plagiarized...) but I’m smart enough to know my limited abilities with steel so I pay Jason to build cool sh!t. My truck looks sh!tyy enough I don’t need to cobble more stuff on it! Haha

My wife, and our grown daughters hate going to the store with me because most of the time, when we come out of the store, someone is checking out the Land Cruiser or taking pics of it. They roll their eyes when I tell them it “makes me feel good that people appreciate my work”..... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom