I want a CAMPTEQ rtt!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj62max

Wildlife Customs
Threads
Been wanting a rrt tent to camp with my son. I would like a campteq but my next option would be a alucab. If anyone knows anyone that would like to sell a campteq. Pm me

How much were these new? Always thought someone else would start making these in the USA after campteq quit production. Maybe too small of a market.

How many 80 owners WOULD actually plunk 5-7k on the table. I’m guessing to produce these for profit it would be in that range.

I have no clue. I wonder how many are out there. Most cut the roof off so it would be hard for someone that has the roof cut would want to sell.

@LandCruiserPhil could probably get you info. I bet most who have one would never part with it.

If I did have the money to drop on one...I’d probably keep the roof intact and use it as a low profile RTT.

I’ve never seen one in person but I’d like to see the inside floor of one.

1 Prototype - Telluride
2 1st production - Az (originally BC), Northern Ca
4 2nd production - Mr CampTeq, Texas? (Originally Wa sold in 1/2 hr on MUD) , Tenn., LCP

All have cut their roof but 1;)

On the 2nd production very little interest received
Featured at Overland Expo with a cut roof and non cut roof - no orders

With STRONG interest production run may be available ~$6500 pick up in AZ.

No need to cut your roof :D

Last edited:
Wish i can find a used one soon.

CampTeq is yesterday look for box trucks in 2018 to be the thing. Maltec is going to be the talk for EXPO 2018, thats what I want next.

100 maltec.jpg
26864282_2007028559538170_574195457702494208_n.jpg
P1000041.jpg

I perfer a rtt, but thats just me. Iam sure its way more comfortable tho. @LandCruiserPhil you should build a box truck and sell me your campteq

I perfer a rtt, but thats just me. Iam sure its way more comfortable tho. @LandCruiserPhil you should build a box truck and sell me your campteq

Im working on it as I talked with Maltec USA this morning:)

Hey @LandCruiserPhil - are you discussing with Maltec a box truck mod for your 80 series, similar to the last picture in your above post? That's something I might be interested in for my 80 series too.

I like the Campteq idea a lot. It seems to make sense to eliminate all that unused space under and around the roof rack. Kind of shooting myself in the foot because I SELL roof racks, but it still makes sense for many. What would really be awesome is a RTT that flips out the side but is made to fit the 80 roof tight like a campteq with an integrated bit of roof rack in the front of it for gear. Upsides would be - Lower CG by a bit compared to a conventional set up, better looks, ability to remove the whole deal if you wanted, more storage space with the rack.

Hmmm.......

I like the Campteq idea a lot. It seems to make sense to eliminate all that unused space under and around the roof rack. Kind of shooting myself in the foot because I SELL roof racks, but it still makes sense for many. What would really be awesome is a RTT that flips out the side but is made to fit the 80 roof tight like a campteq with an integrated bit of roof rack in the front of it for gear. Upsides would be - Lower CG by a bit compared to a conventional set up, better looks, ability to remove the whole deal if you wanted, more storage space with the rack.

Hmmm.......

Your racks will always sell!! A good product will always sell. Not everyone wants an rtt tent. Your rack is amazingly built and the customer service is great.

@LandCruiserPhil any update with maltec? That maltec box will sure be comfortable for you!:D
I want an rtt soon. Really soon! So get with it!;)

It should be easy enough to reproduce yourself if you're willing to work with fiberglass. I'm guessing someone could draw up a "kit" for all the parts that you'd make and assembly instructions if there was enough interest. Something like cad files for CNC router cutting all the panels and typical fiberglass/plywood building. I would think two or three weekends would be plenty to build the box. And maybe a day to sew the fabric part and install it if you had all the pre-cut fabric parts. My guess is that most 80 owners would probably be more willing to pay a few hundred dollars for plans/files and $1000 on materials than $5k+ for a complete kit when most 80's around here are selling for less than $5k.

Just a thought from someone who's built a fiberglass kit boat. This looks really easy in comparison. And should be well within the skill level of most weekend warriors. The biggest issue for most people is that they don't know much about fiberglass work. It's pretty easy. Especially if you had a relatively simple project with tabbed pre-cut panels.

I'm selling my Maggiolina Extreme over in the classifieds - not quite what you're describing, but it's a bargain and is in excellent condition. Getting up off the ground, and being able to setup/pack up in minutes has been a game changer for me For Sale - Maggiolina Extreme RTT w/Removable Winter Hood

Edit: Those box trucks are hot as frig though.

If you were closer i might have gotten your tent. Looks like its in great shape

If i had the space and tools to tackle the project. I would definitely do a rtt same style as campteq. Hope by next year i will have a comfortable work space to do so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom