Help with my 97 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping somebody can help me. I getting an intermittent vibration coming from the front PS tire when driving. It sounds as if I am driving over corrugated road and stops when I take my foot of the gas. I rebuilt my knuckles about six months ago and I don’t do any off roading. I greased up my u-joints about a week ago too, having replaced both u-joints a year ago. If anybody has any ideas I would be extremely grateful.

Did you check for play in the wheel bearings and verify that the knuckle stud nuts are tight?

Did you check for play in the wheel bearings and verify that the knuckle stud nuts are tight?
I pulled/pushed the tires and there was no play. What do you mean knuckle stud nuts? Which ones are they? I am tired so excuse the stupid question.

Dry spindle bushing or loose wheel bearing get my bet. You said no wiggle at 12 n 6 ocklock with wheel in air so id lean toward spindle bushing. Thats a tell tale sound of the bushing too.

Knuckle studs being mentioned are 4 on top and 4 on bottom of each knuckle. Go through your steering arm and trunion caps. Make sure no nuts have backed off and that the studs themselves are torqued.

Dry spindle bushing or loose wheel bearing get my bet. You said no wiggle at 12 n 6 ocklock with wheel in air so id lean toward spindle bushing. Thats a tell tale sound of the bushing too.

Knuckle studs being mentioned are 4 on top and 4 on bottom of each knuckle. Go through your steering arm and trunion caps. Make sure no nuts have backed off and that the studs themselves are torqued.

There are only 2 knuckle studs on the top of stock 80 series knuckles. Older Cruisers an mini trucks did have 4 on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom