Sunday Northern NM mud n snow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
I am not able to get down south to Las Cruces Saturday.
It looks like we might get snow in the elevations Satuday night/Sunday so planning to head out Sunday to some easy-ish forest roads on the northwest side of Santa Fe National Forest.

Anyone interested?
I'm taking the crawler, only because everything is still loaded in it, and I want to use my new tow pig.
Most any cruiser or mini truck with good tires would be ok.
I expect conditions to be snow and mud. Its not my intention to go tear the roads up, though, so if its really sloppy that could put the brakes on the whole shindig.

Tentative plan would be to meet at NM-96 and NM-112 (36°14'08.1"N 106°55'36.9"W) at 10:00 AM.

I don't really do the "make a fire and chat" thing... I like to see the country so will be on the move most all day, and a little hiking around may not be out of the question, depending on weather.

Anyone that comes along should be prepared to trudge around in the snow and mud if things get rough... that includes children. Expect the best, be prepared for not the best and everyone is happy :)

I am not able to get down south to Las Cruces Saturday.
It looks like we might get snow in the elevations Satuday night/Sunday so planning to head out Sunday to some easy-ish forest roads on the northwest side of Santa Fe National Forest.

Anyone interested?
I'm taking the crawler, only because everything is still loaded in it, and I want to use my new tow pig.
Most any cruiser or mini truck with good tires would be ok.
I expect conditions to be snow and mud. Its not my intention to go tear the roads up, though, so if its really sloppy that could put the brakes on the whole shindig.

Tentative plan would be to meet at NM-96 and NM-112 (36°14'08.1"N 106°55'36.9"W) at 10:00 AM.

I don't really do the "make a fire and chat" thing... I like to see the country so will be on the move most all day, and a little hiking around may not be out of the question, depending on weather.

Anyone that comes along should be prepared to trudge around in the snow and mud if things get rough... that includes children. Expect the best, be prepared for not the best and everyone is happy :)

We headed up to Durango yesterday to hit up Purgatory for the weekend, else I’d be down. Post pics when you get back!

Another great day solo wheeling 30 year old junk!
A bit of snow, enough to be worth while.
Saw some places I've never seen, which is always a win.
Pretty scary how bare and even dusty it is in places.

New tow pig worked well

IMG_3693small.jpg

Weather set in at elevation... ominous, but the sky never really let loose
IMG_3729.JPG

I did manage to leave three ruts up high, but everything else was bare ground or just a few inches

IMG_3721small.jpg

A few more pics n stuff here Gallina 3.11.18

Last edited:
We headed up to Durango yesterday to hit up Purgatory for the weekend, else I’d be down. Post pics when you get back!

Think maybe it's time your update your location? :)

when you want snow and weather it's like that. I go elk hunting where we don't want freezing cold and snow, it looks like this.

IMG_1913.JPG

nothing this year. no deer, no elk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom