What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good! I'll likely go with KO2's when my current set of tires wears out
Thanks.

7080365A-DD19-44D7-99DF-BE9CBF4B04CC.jpeg

drove to idaho. only owned the rig for six months, don't daily drive it, and yet, i've got over 13k miles on it.

drove to idaho. only owned the rig for six months, don't daily drive it, and yet, i've got over 13k miles on it.
No way I'll get that many in six months here! Sounds like you are getting your money's worth.

Looks sharp, what lift did you use?
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I tend to get side tracked when Im on here. I used Bilstein 5100s up front on the highest setting. For the rear I used 5100s and a set of rear 30mm spacers I had left over from my 80 series. I will eventually swap the spacers out for a set of Dobinsons springs.

Drove from SC to KY and on to northeast OH, back down through WV and VA and NC, fully loaded and with wife and two dogs for the holidays. 1800+ miles. Only problem was a low tire pressure warning light malfunction, maybe because it was -5 degrees. Then I spent the better part of an afternoon cleaning it from the brine bath it took. I swear the DOT and the brine supplier must have a payola thing going on as they start spreading that s*** when the forecast begins to call for flurries . . . the next day. :rolleyes:

I got a new magnetic mount for my iPad mini. This way I'm not losing the rear DVD player while making the nav screen area much more usable. After seeing how well it holds my iPad I ordered a second one for mounting my phone or Garmin GPS on the dash just above it.

20180111_091939.jpg

I got a new magnetic mount for my iPad mini. This way I'm not losing the rear DVD player while making the nav screen area much more usable. After seeing how well it holds my iPad I ordered a second one for mounting my phone or Garmin GPS on the dash just above it.

Which mount did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the late response, it was from Amazon but I sent them back. We had a few days a little while back with temps in the upper 60's and the adhesive pad started to come off the dash. I tried using HD 3M adhesive and it still didn't work. They were a good idea but not enough surface area to hold anything when it gets warm.
Which mount did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the late response, it was from Amazon but I sent them back. We had a few days a little while back with temps in the upper 60's and the adhesive pad started to come off the dash. I tried using HD 3M adhesive and it still didn't work. They were a good idea but not enough surface area to hold anything when it gets warm.

Ok that's good to know. I use an Anker (or Aukey) magnetic holder with the 3M and it has pulled up in the back but is still stuck to the dash. Holds my iPhone which is all I really need it for but the iPad wouldn't be a bad option.

Simply Speakers foam replacement in the blown door speakers. Not hard but his YouTube vid makes it look a lot easier.

View attachment 1652879
I'm considering this because of the limited replacement speakers that work in the first gen sequoia. My concern is getting the foam off the paper speaker cone. I've refoamed poly cone speakers but haven't tried on a paper one. How hard was it and would you do it again or go with full replacement speakers?

I'm considering this because of the limited replacement speakers that work in the first gen sequoia. My concern is getting the foam off the paper speaker cone. I've refoamed poly cone speakers but haven't tried on a paper one. How hard was it and would you do it again or go with full replacement speakers?
A sharp blade and no problem. I would absolutely do it again, but I am a cheapass.

Hey Granelli is your bed the same length as a crewmax bed? Curious because I love the Habitat and the small amount of overhang on your cab. Thanks in advance

Picked up this holy grail 4runner to work on for a customer! 1985 sr5 22re 5speed electric windows sun roof and the nice sr5 seats! Lifted locked 8274 winch 571 gears! Been sitting a few years just getting it back in shape! Already got it running! That's my 2008 tundra short bed 4x4 5.7!

IMG_1179.JPG

Ok that's good to know. I use an Anker (or Aukey) magnetic holder with the 3M and it has pulled up in the back but is still stuck to the dash. Holds my iPhone which is all I really need it for but the iPad wouldn't be a bad option.
For my iPad mini I've moved it to this mount, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4ZF4NS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It takes up more space but it holds it well and still allows access to all the cupholders.

For my tree this week it got new rear rotors & pads, oil change, adjusted the headlights and added an Aukey dashcam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom