GX460 Dual Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed a second battery in a GX460? I'd like to add one in my 2012. Probably run a fridge and a ham radio. It looks like maybe PS behind the headlight might work.

Hey Matt. Thanks. I have a thread going on the GXOR forum on FB. Where did you see my rack? I haven't been anywhere but Tim's house.

nakman sent me a text with the pictures. :)

ill get some pictures tomorrow how this one is set up, granted i didnt do the work but its clean

Here is a few pics I got. Install was done by Mule Expedition Outfitters by the po.
484D5AAE-2297-43CC-987A-CA7D9E614AD2.jpeg

9D428B8D-6FBE-4136-9B9B-A00F1BCEE630.jpeg

0444A42F-1A93-4473-9842-F308FB1CA34D.jpeg

The second battery is behind the arb bumper on the passenger side, I could not get a good picture of it, ill try to remember to get one and update this post when we drop the bumper for winch and Noco batter charger who knows when

Well, it's a start. I need to wire up the ACR and switches and run to a block in the back. I haven't looked yet, but does anyone know of a good spot in the DS firewall to run wire? I was going to run 4GA to the rear along the frame rail, but I settled on 8GA and was thinking I would run it through the cab. I'm probably going to turn the relay 180° because the "A" post goes to the house battery (marked "H") and the "B" post goes to the starting battery.
IMG_20200313_153436.jpg

Here's a couple pics of my dual battery setup:
1585932932186.png

1585932952274.png

two group 34's with an air pump relocation.

Relocated to where? I like your setup, and if the side by side install that others have is for two PC1200's, then your setup yields quite a bit more Ah and RC.

Relocated to where? I like your setup, and if the side by side install that others have is for two PC1200's, then your setup yields quite a bit more Ah and RC.
The pump is relocated under the RH headlight.

The dual battery in the factory location puts a lot of extra weight in that corner and I really didn't like that along with there's not a lot of room to deal with extra wiring/ accessories.

I am currently reproducing my set up for @Tex68w , if his is not too much of a hassle I may offer a kit?

The pump is relocated under the RH headlight.

The dual battery in the factory location puts a lot of extra weight in that corner and I really didn't like that along with there's not a lot of room to deal with extra wiring/ accessories.

I am currently reproducing my set up for @Tex68w , if his is not too much of a hassle I may offer a kit?
What size Odyssey batteries are you running? Same size I assume for both.

What size Odyssey batteries are you running? Same size I assume for both.
I run the 34R-PC1500T Main/ 34-PC1500T AUX

Lookin' good Chris. Group 34's?
It's 2 PC1200s. I had seen someone else do that. They fit nicely. I had a local fabricator make the tray.
IMG_20200201_084834.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom