Fuel tanks between troopy and 76/77 compatible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
One of my sources in Europe just offered me a brand new stainless steel tank from a new LC 76,I was wondering if this would fit a troopy since some of the older troopys are at that age where swapping it out makes sense.

Here's some eye candy ;)

$_86 (5).JPG
$_86 (3).JPG

Is it stock capacity? Be interested in a bigger capacity one

I am assuming it is a larger version but very limited info right now.

Troopy rear tanks are 90 liters. 76 tanks are 130 liters. The tank shown above appears to be an enlarged aftermarket tank.

It looks like an aftermarket tank. This a 2010 VDJ76 tank which has the same part number as the HZJ76.
The HZJ78 has different part numbers to the 76 tank, not to say it wouldn't fit though.
$_75.JPG

It looks like an aftermarket tank. This a 2010 VDJ76 tank which has the same part number as the HZJ76.
The HZJ78 has different part numbers to the 76 tank, not to say it wouldn't fit though.
$_75.JPG

Yes it is an aftermarket tank for sure,Toyota does not offer tanks in stainless

Troopy rear tanks are 90 liters. 76 tanks are 130 liters. The tank shown above appears to be an enlarged aftermarket tank.

The ARL VDJ76 has the 130 litre tank but other markets kept the 90 litre tank if they had the 1HZ.

This one below is the larger tank for sale on ebay. They have it listed as post 2013 tank 145? litre for a dual cab VDJ76. I think they at trying to say it fits either the dual cab or the 76. I haven't heard of a 145 litre, maybe you can squeeze it in to a 130 tank.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-...980198?hash=item2ee4d9e2a6:g:th0AAOSwT6pVzojT

s-l500.jpg

They are a 145 liter tanks so definitely bigger then stock

Update I ended up buying 4 of these thinking/hoping they should work for a second tank on a troopy because as you look at pics from a new 76 and a new 78,the second tank of the 78 is in the same location in the frame rails as the only tank in the 76.

Available around mid May and price still needs to be set,I also bought 2 troopy's so I will be installing at least one myself

Joe

Too bad you weren't working on this when you were here. You could have reclined under the VDJ76 and VDJ78 that are side-by-side. :)

Too bad you weren't working on this when you were here. You could have reclined under the VDJ76 and VDJ78 that are side-by-side. :)

Well if there happens to be a young flexible victim wandering around them you could gently persuade him/her to take a look at that

Do you know if a swap is possible on the main tank of 90L to a larger one / aftermarket or OEM
I have no idea. You will need to contact manufacturers of oversize replacement tanks to see if they offer one.

Do you know if a swap is possible on the main tank of 90L to a larger one / aftermarket or OEM
The 76 series is now available with a 180 litre tank according to Toyota , but the Australian Toyota website has conflicting specs. Another brochure says they have 130 litre tanks.
Long Ranger have a lot of replacement tanks for the 7* series.

The 76 series is now available with a 180 litre tank according to Toyota , but the Australian Toyota website has conflicting specs. Another brochure says they have 130 litre tanks.
Long Ranger have a lot of replacement tanks for the 7* series.

I will look them up. I already have a long ranger sub-tank this is really to swap the main tank to have better diesel storage! Thank Rosco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom