Your Favorite Rock Sliders for your FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a weekend out in Red Rock Canyon State Park I have been thoroughly convinced I should purchase some good rock sliders for the FJ. Any suggestions?

im hopefully installing allpro apex sliders down the track once i get my fj.

it has factory sliders but i question there strength and also im one of those people who is a panel damage magnet so need the rear kick out.

Metal Tech 4x4 sliders are on my FJ Cruiser and I've tested them hard and they have stood up and saved my rocker panels a number of times. Metal Tech also have their outpost sliders at a lower price point.

Demello sliders on mine; they have held up well, and saved me a ton of damage over the years. They stick out far enough to stand on them to reach items on the roof rack, and to give decent protection.

Metal Tech 4x4 sliders are on my FJ Cruiser and I've tested them hard and they have stood up and saved my rocker panels a number of times. Metal Tech also have their outpost sliders at a lower price point.
I really like those. Where there any others that you came close to buying?

Which Demellos do you have?

The first ones he ever made; I think he calls them "hybrid" now. The support is all made from square tubing, but the actual outside slider part (and its supports) are made from round tubing. You don't really see the square tubing when they're installed.

I really like those. Where there any others that you came close to buying?

not really. I've been to their shop and have seen the CAD engineering and fabrication skill that goes into their products as well as the after sale service and support... Their stuff is high quality. The set i bought was a bit custom as we added a rub rail and that led to the rub rail being a standard on their step sliders.

TTSE sliders may be enough for casual off-roading... however they are easily crushed. They also don't extend far enough out to give you protection you'll want if you regularly off-road. I replaced my TTSEs with MT trail edition sliders (with kickout, pre-OPOR).

Stoked on all the info! Decided to go with the Demello hybrids and since I live 30 minutes from them I saved hundred bucks on shipping by going and picking them up.

Blkpngn . what was the lead time on getting your sliders ?

They do them in batches and he’s going to fabricate a bunch next week and then another week to get them back from powder coating. He said to expect a call around April 1st.

I have called and emailed Tiffany . but no response . i will keep trying

CV Kurt says ///however they are easily crushed./// I have rolled around rocks with the factory sliders and only removed the paint, no caving in. I will agree that stronger pipe will be better but the factory sliders do hold up well to abuse. I have more need for skid plates than replacement sliders.

23434824_152761388673560_4763933471781969533_n.jpg

The top one is what I use and it serves as slider and step, so far has taken some rock hits and has some scratches but otherwise doing good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom