bilstien 5160/6112 lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys selling my lx570 and just signed the paper work for a 2014 fj.

just wondering if anyone here jas used the bilstien 5160/6112 lift kit and if anyone know the open and closed lengths of the 6112 struts for the fj

several people are running that combo and like it! if I didn't go Kings I would have gone 6112's... just take note, the 5160's don't have a limited life time warrantee

several people are running that combo and like it! if I didn't go Kings I would have gone 6112's... just take note, the 5160's don't have a limited life time warrantee
so youd rate them in comparison to kings shocks?

the warranty isnt to important as im in australia so sending them all the way over seas for warranty is to much hassle

I'm not comparing them to Kings, I'm just say if I didn't have the money at the time to blow cash on Kings I would have replaced my 5100's up front with 6112's... but I really wanted the Kings. 5100's have been good to me so far. I have nothing against bilstiens

id love to put radflos front and rear but as i need a lift fairly soon after i get the car they are out of budget

I've seen the 6112's in person, they are pretty massive

I looked at a variety of shocks when I went to KM2's LT 275/75R16's . I went with Walker-Evans Racing coil-overs and rear shocks and All-Pro springs for a nice 3 inch lift and great performance off-road and a definite upgrade on the street, nice and quite and no wandering on the blacktop.

I looked at a variety of shocks when I went to KM2's LT 275/75R16's . I went with Walker-Evans Racing coil-overs and rear shocks and All-Pro springs for a nice 3 inch lift and great performance off-road and a definite upgrade on the street, nice and quite and no wandering on the blacktop.
im looking for extended travel mainly

///just signed the paper work for a 2014 fj. /// lets see some pics and lets see the FJ with your new suspension upgrades, looking forward to that.

so i asked the website selling the kit (bilstienlifts.com) if they were extended, they said the rears were 2.0" longer then factory and the 6112 struts were 2.5" longer then factory.

does this sound right?

this is the rig

_20180307_081041.JPG

anyone using say the standard ome or bilstien lift kit, did you maintain a decent amount of down travel?

so i asked the website selling the kit (bilstienlifts.com) if they were extended, they said the rears were 2.0" longer then factory and the 6112 struts were 2.5" longer then factory.

does this sound right?
. Not sure But the 5100 is a 2.0 diameter shock . and the 6112 is a 2.5 diameter maybe thats what they meant

Wheres the spare wheel? Nice that you have an ARB front bumper and with the stock suspension you will need at least a 2 inch leveling kit to look right. I did the same thing, fitted the ARB and a Smittybilt 8k pound winch and then saw how the FJ sat before deciding on what next to look good. The FJ dropped 1 1/2 inch at the front with the 200 lbs of bumper/winch combo. Temporary approach while I had the original tires was a 2 inch leveling kit and as soon as the tires were done, then I got the Walker-Evans suspension and KM2's and body chop at one time. I did the chop myself and the rest cost $4k. Sounds like you want longer travel but that comes at a significant cost increase. Send pics.

Last edited:
alsocan some of you guys in thestates there tell wat prices, are displayed on the icon 2.5 extended fj struts and 2.0 remote res long travel rears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom