Monthly Club Meeting 7:30PM, Wed. 7 March, at Kilroy's in Springfield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Yup, it's time for our monthly meeting. I will not be there, so the VP, El Jeffe will be in charge.

Meet in the back lot around 7pm and head inside around 7:30

Cheers,
Stump

Last edited:
I can't make it.

Looking to make it as well. I think my booster let out on the 40. Brakes suddenly got very stiff but still braked fine with force. Have not yet had time to check it out... Hopefully it is just a minor vacuum leak in hose.

I plan on being there but I won’t be in a land cruiser:/

I can't make it tonight. I've been non-stop for past 2 weeks; mid-terms this week, clinical rotations started, and I started getting sick two days ago... when it rains it pours!

@Stumpalama those seat covers are in my truck so I'll eventually get them to you (even if it's meeting up one day during the week or weekend) to try out and see if they work.

I can't make it tonight. I've been non-stop for past 2 weeks; mid-terms this week, clinical rotations started, and I started getting sick two days ago... when it rains it pours!

@Stumpalama those seat covers are in my truck so I'll eventually get them to you (even if it's meeting up one day during the week or weekend) to try out and see if they work.
No sweat!

oNE OF THESE DAYS i AM GOING TO MAKE IT

Me too!

Hi All,
My dad passed away last year, and I inherited his 1997 Land Cruiser. A friend of mine at work told me about this site, and I've been reading up and learning as much as I can. I live in the Fairfax area, and would like to attend a future meeting. I could definitely use any and all guidance related to keeping my Dad's Old Cruiser running for years to come!

'97 isn't old for a Cruiser; it's just getting broken in. You've come to the right place for help.

Sorry about your loss.

But here you are now and in the right place, there's plenty of knowlwdge and experience here to help you get your 80 into top running condition and help you spend you time and $$ on performance and frivolous mods! I also have a 97 that I got Late last year and have been refreshing.

1st thing is to post a pic or 2 of your cruiser and figure out what you want to do with it.

Cheers!

Hi All,
My dad passed away last year, and I inherited his 1997 Land Cruiser. A friend of mine at work told me about this site, and I've been reading up and learning as much as I can. I live in the Fairfax area, and would like to attend a future meeting. I could definitely use any and all guidance related to keeping my Dad's Old Cruiser running for years to come!

Welcome. I joined last December. Great group of people! See you around!

Hi All,

Welcome to the club. Besides getting to learn about your truck, you'll get to have fun. We DO have a good group.

Hi all,
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

My dad loved his Cruiser, and I'd like to keep it running strong. Plus, I have horses. The Cruiser has turned out to be quite useful for hauling my gear around! Details: it's a 1997, over 179k miles, Collector's Edition. I have a friend whose husband is a mechanic, and he repaired the power steering and exhaust on the Cruiser last month. He is a Ford man, however, and recommended I trade in the Cruiser for a Ford. He said the older the Cruiser gets, the harder it will be to find parts. Fords are okay, I guess. I don't have any real experience with them, other than my Dad's 1970 Maverick which I first learned to drive in many years ago. Overall, I've always had better luck with Toyotas and Nissans.

The Cruiser did have a leaking headlight, which I replaced with some help (ok, a lot of help) from a friend at work who has a Toyota 4-Runner. He ordered a new headlight, and we took out the old one and popped the new one in during our lunch break.

The only issue now is a left rear turn signal that is not working. We changed the bulb and checked the fuses, but still no light. After reading through some of the threads here, I've got some options to try to get the signal working again. So much good info on this site!

Is the next meeting at Kilroy's on April 4?

The turn signal issue might be the bulb socket. I'll check if I got a used at home. You can have it for free. Remember me before the next meet or we can meet before then.

The turn signal issue might be the bulb socket. I'll check if I got a used at home. You can have it for free. Remember me before the next meet or we can meet before then.

Thanks! I also read in a thread on this site about removing the fuses and using a small file to clean the ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom