10 March: Inaugural Biannual Daylight Savings Midnight Run'n Campout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is an unstructured hangout gathering at Robledo Mountains OHV in Las Cruces!! Come out for the day! Set up camp whenever you want if you want, Do your own thing or just come for the midnight run. For the midnight run, plan no heading out at around 11:30p if you want to join in! but not required. I know clocks change at 2am but will have to see how the night goes. Either way it should be fun!
Hope to see you there!!

Robledo Mountains OHV Info / Directions:
Robledo Mountains OHV Trail System

Historic Information:
Prehistoric Trackways National Monument | BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT

Proposed Camping spot:
Google Maps

Last edited:
that sounds like fun, but I will be watching my niece playing softball

I'm in! Unless of course it dumps several feet(any sizeable portion of snow) then, of course, I'll have to go skiing. Unfortunately this is highly unlikely, so the second best hobby - land cruisering will hit the spot!!

I'm in! Unless of course it dumps several feet(any sizeable portion of snow) then, of course, I'll have to go skiing. Unfortunately this is highly unlikely, so the second best hobby - land cruisering will hit the spot!!

Sorry guys, but I hope it dumps snow, at least up here. Wolf Creek is over 200” below normal

Thanks for getting this going! I should be game
Some years we get most of the snow in February- keeping my fingers crossed.

This is an unstructured hangout gathering at Robledo Mountains OHV in Las Cruces!! Come out for the day! Set up camp whenever you want if you want, Do your own thing or just come for the midnight run. For the midnight run, plan no heading out at around 11:30p if you want to join in! but not required. I know clocks change at 2am but will have to see how the night goes. Either way it should be fun!
Hope to see you there!!

Robledo Mountains OHV Info / Directions:
Robledo Mountains OHV Trail System

Historic Information:
Prehistoric Trackways National Monument | BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT

Proposed Camping spot:
Google Maps

Excellent job, umm, whatever your name is ;) All info in one post is nice.

I've never been there... think fun is to be had on a dual sport?

Here are the Chile Challenge trail maps from the area. We ran these around the first of the year and the weather was perfect

Attachments

• Chile Canyons Trails.kml
    94.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Chile Canyon.gpx
    222.3 KB · Views: 133
The Las Cruces 4x4 club has worked diligently with the BLM to get these tracks opened back up in recent years.
There are some trails that are still closed and although they were marked for no vehicle travel that does not mean the signs are still up so the map comes in handy.

I can't open up the maps on my phone or laptop

The KML should open in google earth and the GPX will working in mapping software such as Scenicmap for IPhone which is what I use on my tablet.
I can convert them to other formats if you know what format you need.
IMG_6205.PNG

Last edited:
awesome! looks like a good fun place!

getting ready! now the big question, if I drop the trailer off and open it up to set up camp and go wheeling.. will it be there when I return or is it a high theft area?

28616370_10215782137408733_8416413996967901305_o.jpg

There are places to camp that are not readily accessible to the riff raff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom