For Sale 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60, Dune Beige, $2,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-60 For Sale

1986-Toyota-LandCruiser-FJ60-Dune-Beige-IMG_0492.jpg

$2,500 firm

View 150+ photos and more info

OVERVIEW

This 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 has been in Colorado it’s entire life. Aside from the aftermarket wheels, it is completely original and even has the original check list sheet from the dealer along with the owners manual. It will need a little work to get it to trustworthy daily drier status, but it’s a great Cruiser at a great price!

THE GOOD

• All original
  • Colorado-based Cruiser
  • New antenna
  • The interior door cards are in very good condition
  • Front carpet is good
  • New shifter knob
  • Fully smogged with original Aisin carb
  • Original paint
  • 4×4 works great
THE SO-SO
  • Please note that the original AM/FM radio and tool roll are not included in the sale.
  • Needs a carb rebuild. Needs to be choked heavily when it’s cold and will die at a stop sign when cold. Once it warms up it will idle OK if you choke it a bit. Estimated $375.
  • Radiator seems to be working fine. I don’t see any leaks, but it does look like someone repaired it at one point. I’d suggest a good used one or a new one. I have a very good used aftermarket one I’d sell at half off for $100.
  • Power steering gear box leaks. Top it off and you can feel it works ok, but whines a lot. Will need some a rebuild (most of them do).
  • Transmission shifts fine, but when you try to downshift it takes a little more effort to get it from 4 to 3, etc than I think there should be. It’ll drive just fine, but wanted to call that out. Might be a synchro issue? Maybe it needs fluid? Not sure. You can see me shifting through the gears here
  • Rust. Yep, it has it. It must have spent a lot of time outdoors, because most Colorado Land Cruisers that are garaged don’t have this much rust. I still think this is a good candidate for a restoration (if that’s what you’re looking for) because it is so original. Front fenders are easy to source and there are aftermarket ones for sale. Rear quarters are also available. I have some donor rocker panels I’d sell separate and give you a smoking deal on. The doors are solid, as are the floor panels, so no issues there. It’s really just the rear lift gate, fenders and quarters.
  • Horn not working (I’d guess it’s the connection under the horn pad. I’ll try to get this fixed in the next week).
  • A/C untested. I’m assuming it needs work.
  • Tires are old. Hold air fine, but old. My friend has a set of stock FJ60 rims and newer Wrangler stock sized tires for sale for $500. I also have a set of stock rims for sale (rims only) for $350.
OTHER NOTES
  • If you would like Sigfrids & Sons to perform any repairs on this Cruiser, we’re happy to provide you a quote.
  • For a free quote on auto shipping we recommend Summit Auto Transport. You can get a free quote on their home page at www.SummitAutoTransport.com. If you have any questions, please contact Aaron at Summit Auto. He’s great to work with and quick to respond on email.

Well, the roof looks good...
At $2500 it's definitely no show-stopper, but it is a Colorado Land Cruiser and not an east coast or midwest Cruiser where you have to be worried about body rust AND frame rot, too. For someone in the market for a good trail rig or a budget Cruiser, this is a good option.

Thank you for taking the time to make a well thought out ad - even for a $2500 rig. Blows me a away when people want $20k+, only post 1 or 2 crappy photos and don't write more than two sentences about it. Hope you get every penny out of her!
Thanks @FishTown! Appreciate the kind words! When we list an FJ for sale we go to great lengths to clean it up, size it up, photograph it, video it, and then describe it to the best of our ability. About 95% of the guys that buy Cruisers from Sigfrids & Sons buy them sight unseen and count on us to give a lengthly and accurate description.

Thank you for taking the time to make a well thought out ad - even for a $2500 rig. Blows me a away when people want $20k+, only post 1 or 2 crappy photos and don't write more than two sentences about it. Hope you get every penny out of her!

I completely agree with this statement.

Everyone should strive towards this regardless of price/condition. Bravo.

Well, the roof looks good...

Totally standard for a 60 used in a place that uses salt and may cloride in the winter.
On the west coast close to the ocean you really need to keep an eye out for roof rust and rust in the A pillar. The fenders and quarters will be fine but rust in the roof living in the salt air environment.

I need a plow truck for my property, this might make a good candidate. How are the birfs, & brakes? How much rust underneath, mostly just care about whether the lines are okay or not.

do you have a video of it being driven in 4wd?

At around 9:31 there’s a rattling sound. Is that the shifter making noise or something else?

What else have you sold from it?

Last edited:
I need a plow truck for my property, this might make a good candidate. How are the birfs, & brakes? How much rust underneath, mostly just care about whether the lines are okay or not.

do you have a video of it being driven in 4wd?

At around 9:31 there’s a rattling sound. Is that the shifter making noise or something else?

What else have you sold from it?
PM Sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom