Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On the February ROTM, Ham radio use was heavy and there was some discussion about getting the Amateur Radio license plates with our call signs.

Not wanting to give up my STABWEL personalized license plate, I sought out another option. Only $5 on Amazon.

View attachment 1641492

Dont piss anyone off on the road because now they know where you live

Dont piss anyone off on the road because now they know where you live

Yeah, privacy is an issue. Easy Google search and you have name and address. Same downside for the license plate.

Most people won't have any idea what it is. $5 is cheap enough that I won't feel bad tearing it off.

If I piss someone off bad enough, they could just as easily follow me home.

Last edited:
Broke more wheel studs, 2 per rear wheel.

wheel_studs.jpg

When I started having trouble with lug nuts seizing and breaking wheel studs, I would drill a small hole in the top of the nut big enough for a penetrating oil straw. Then hit it with a short blast of your favorite oil. I use free all.
Free All® Deep Penetrating Oil - Penetrants - Products

Amazing stuff I the mechanics used on tanks and jet engines.

What happened to your GX470?
Yup, the GX470 is paid off. Paid too much but no complaints. She’s been a great all around vehicle. 04 with just under 130k (had 88k when purchased) now so ought to last a long time.

I got the drivers side front disk calliper brake line routed and securred to the frame.
Not stock but I do t think the brake fluid will k ow one way or the other...
20180228_180100.jpg

Now I just need to wait for the GM master cylinder fittings and tee block to show up.
I learned that a good double flare is like a fine wine... when it gets created it needs to be savored.

I can almost feel my foot pressing on the brake pedal..., nope it is still too early. Hoping to get there soon.

Had the “Trac Off”, “4Lo” and “Check Eng” lights come on in Tina’s LC. Going to see Dr. Murf tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Had the “Trac Off”, “4Lo” and “Check Eng” lights come on in Tina’s LC. Going to see Dr. Murf tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
We had the same lights on our 200 come on. In our case it was related to a boogered up transfer case switch that needed replacement. Not a serious issue, Dr. Murf and his team fixed us right up. Hope yours turns out to be a simple fix also.

We had the same lights on our 200 come on. In our case it was related to a boogered up transfer case switch that needed replacement. Not a serious issue, Dr. Murf and his team fixed us right up. Hope yours turns out to be a simple fix also.

Got a p0441 code. Cleared code and installed a brand new gas cap. One thing to note on the new cap vs the 240k mile cap is the cap gasket. On the old cap, the gasket was pretty hard and not at all pliable. The new cap gasket was nice and soft. You could easily conclude it would seal much better.

No reappearance of code.

Split's brake and flat repair shop today.
001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG

OMG! Best mod money can't buy. Found and eliminated that F%€#!ΩG rattle! Ahhhhhh....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom