Undercarriage cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to degrease and power wash the undercarriage of my 80, before I do my rust prevention project. The 80 had many years of caked oil leaks that are beyond what I can address with my electric power washer and the truck on jackstands. I'm looking for a carwash where there is a lift and you can get really in there or a carwash/shop that does this. Preferrably close to fairfax or nearby areas. Thanks!

Need to find a fleet wash type place... When I lived in Norfolk, I took my FJ62 to a place that did high temperature power washing and it took ALL the oil and grease off the undercarriage and engine. It was amazing... I haven't been able to find a place like that since.

Need to find a fleet wash type place... When I lived in Norfolk, I took my FJ62 to a place that did high temperature power washing and it took ALL the oil and grease off the undercarriage and engine. It was amazing... I haven't been able to find a place like that since.
That is actually a good lead. My wife works for a division in a nearby county that has a fleet. They might know who does this type of job. I'll report back if I find someone that does this. Thanks!

I own a company that does heavy industrial washing. All of our units are hot water pressure washers. We could do it. We also have a way to inject degreaser into the hot water stream to remove grease oil as well with little pressure that is much "kinder"to painted surfaces or electrical components.before and afters.

before.jpg

before1.jpg

Last edited:
I own a company that does heavy industrial washing. All of our units are hot water pressure washers. We could do it. We also have a way to inject degreaser into the hot water stream to remove grease oil as well with little pressure that is much "kinder"to painted surfaces or electrical components.before and afters.

View attachment 1643479

View attachment 1643480

SWEET!

Need to setup a Club Cleaning!!
@1MOA
Are you Mobil? I'm figuring yes.
How much would it cost to do a group of trucks? Like $x.xx per truck min of 5 trucks.

We can use my company's shop in Dulles.
Anyone else me into something like this?

Need to setup a Club Cleaning!!
@1MOA
Are you Mobil? I'm figuring yes.
How much would it cost to do a group of trucks? Like $x.xx per truck min of 5 trucks.

We can use my company's shop in Dulles.
Anyone else me into something like this?
All are mobile. No idea what it would run to do a few trucks. Would of been a good thing to do on tech day but I did not even think about it then.

OK, let's start a list. Please copy, paste, and add yourself if interested:

1. PFMFJ80
2. Jakes40
3. DominicanFZJ80
4. apinti

I'm good for March 24th and April 14 also. We can do it at my companies shop we have a water hose in the back parking lot.

That's a good question.
We will have to think on that.

Who has car ramps? Or we can cobble together a bunch of scrap wood and nails and build some tall ones to get the front of the trucks up... we don't need much to have good access to the undersides.

I wonder if we can find someone who has an articulation ramp we could borrow.

i think the open deck trailer idea is nice.
My 40 sets high enough I'm good. The lower setting 60's are the problem.
I do have car ramps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom