Prospective members (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Shurik,
Try requesting again to join. I usually kick people if they don't have 4x4 related pics or contact us directly.

Most of us drive landcruisers and the affordable ones to modify these days are the mid 90's FZJ80. We also have a fair bit of Jeeps too.

You can pm me here if you need any help or on fb.

I was not able to make the last meeting so I have to ask are you still meeting on the 4th this month or changed it to the 5th or the week after?

We are having our meeting on July 11th (not yesterday on the 4th due to the holiday).

Hello all! Just bought my very first truck of any kind (a non-locked LX450) 2 days ago. In the process of flushing all fluids and replacing the valve cover gasket which is currently spewing oil (all through a shop). Never built / self-serviced a car of my own before, but a pilot in the process of building out my airplane, so excited to have found a new hobby / place to sink my money into. Don't know the first thing about cars so looking for a group of folks around me who could help answer questions and guide me in doing more myself versus taking it to the repair spot down the street.

Live in a hangar at Santa Paula Airport just east of Ventura. Anyone nearby?

There are a few members nearby. Try to make it to one of our meetings and get to know the club. We meet on the Second Tuesday of the month at Vincenzo's Pizza in Newhall. 7pm on March 13th.

Hello all! Just bought my very first truck of any kind (a non-locked LX450) 2 days ago. In the process of flushing all fluids and replacing the valve cover gasket which is currently spewing oil (all through a shop). Never built / self-serviced a car of my own before, but a pilot in the process of building out my airplane, so excited to have found a new hobby / place to sink my money into. Don't know the first thing about cars so looking for a group of folks around me who could help answer questions and guide me in doing more myself versus taking it to the repair spot down the street.

Live in a hangar at Santa Paula Airport just east of Ventura. Anyone nearby?

I'm a new LC owner, too, in Camarillo. Let's make a list of Ventura County Mudders.

Tonight is the meeting. Come on over for pizza and parking lot socializing after the meeting.

Hi, my name is William (Will) Preach, 36 yrs old this month. I've been building a 1967 FJ40 for around 10 yrs.

As of this last week, it's running again with a fresh EFI install, however it won't be trail worthy for some time (Parking brake, transfer case linkage, other).

EFI 77' SBC, SM420 trans, Orig T-Case (Orion on the bench to be installed) FJ60 Axles, Y-Link (Front), SOA (Rear) and a family cage.

I live down the street from the Vincenzo's Pizza on Lyons, so I will be sure to visit your next meeting on May 14th.

Added ya into the fb group where most of our talking occurs. We rarely post here anymore.

Hi, my name is William (Will) Preach, 36 yrs old this month. I've been building a 1967 FJ40 for around 10 yrs.

As of this last week, it's running again with a fresh EFI install, however it won't be trail worthy for some time (Parking brake, transfer case linkage, other).

EFI 77' SBC, SM420 trans, Orig T-Case (Orion on the bench to be installed) FJ60 Axles, Y-Link (Front), SOA (Rear) and a family cage.

I live down the street from the Vincenzo's Pizza on Lyons, so I will be sure to visit your next meeting on May 14th.
Welcome Will, you should come check out our meeting here is our website as well so you can get an understanding of what we’re about.

Hi all, My very first car was an '88 4Runner, and now 31 years later, I've just bought my first LC, an '88FJ62 from BAT.com. Wanted to introduce myself to this group, and look forward to meeting some of you all at an upcoming meet up. I'll sign on to the FB group as well.

In the meanwhile, who are your best recs for an LA-area mechanic and restorer (perhaps not TLC). I need to a post-purchase inspection (as opposed to the always preferred pre-purchase! :) ), but that's what happens in an auction. I know I need to prioritize some mechanical work before I can do the fun stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Come to the meeting tomorrow (October 8th) and we can do a quick inspection. Some members have been certified Toyota mechanics in past lives.

We meet at the Vincenzos pizza off Lyon's Avenue in Santa Clarita at 7pm.

I figure y'all still are, but do yall still meet at a restaurant? I saw the place change names a few times. Does anyone know the current place?

We are most active on facebook. We also post our upcoming trips there.
Our website and ih8mud don't get much use other than coming here to fix our rigs.

New to the area. Not sure how many are in the LA area but figured I’d try to organize a get together.

Landcruiser Meet-up

Saturday 9/30 8am - 10am

34.04144 N, 118.56642 W

Beach parking across from the Getty Villa
Figured I’d try to convince meet some local LC owners and hopefully people are willing to come out for a beach meet-up. Small parking lot 20ish spaces that are paid beach parking spots. Hoping to fill those up and not have a crazy response.

Come out, hang out and bring some ingredients for breakfast burritos. Will be bringing a flat top to make some food and hang out.

48A246F4-DDB6-4F06-A48A-0697B4E01C1B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom