80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screenshot_20180205-201226.png

Get the 75mm Extra heavy coils and stage4 shocks and you'll be in great shape. The extra heavies are actually the same rate as the heavies (from what I remember Darren telling me when we did my install) they are just a bit taller free height. I'm assuming you already have adjustable panhards and caster correction?
I suggest also getting the front control arm plates. They are plates that weld into the frame bracket for the radius arms. It will move the rear eye of the radius arm forward slightly to move the axle forward and give more firewall clearance for the tires. Not needed for 35's but recommended for 37's.

Edit: just looking back through your build thread and noticed you have drop brackets for the radius arms. Any other caster correction? I would suggest doing Caster plates and removing the drop brackets and add the relocation plates I mentioned. Will have proper caster, improve clearance (by ditching the brackets) and better firewall clearance. But up to you.

I just got all excited seeing your rig and thinking of it with Slinkys. It looks like it's already a well set up truck but Slinky's are gonna make it so much fun! I love being able to rally my truck. You'll really enjoy it.

Last edited:
Get the 75mm Extra heavy coils and stage4 shocks and you'll be in great shape. The extra heavies are actually the same rate as the heavies (from what I remember Darren telling me when we did my install) they are just a bit taller free height. I'm assuming you already have adjustable panhards and caster correction?
I suggest also getting the front control arm plates. They are plates that weld into the frame bracket for the radius arms. It will move the rear eye of the radius arm forward slightly to move the axle forward and give more firewall clearance for the tires. Not needed for 35's but recommended for 37's.

I just got all excited seeing your rig and thinking of it with Slinkys. It looks like it's already a well set up truck but Slinky's are gonna make it so much fun! I love being able to rally my truck. You'll really enjoy it.
I have slee radius arms on this 80 already...I know they are designed for use on up to 6" lift...not sure if they move the tire forward at all though. What are these frame mounts you speak of?

I have slee radius arms on this 80 already...I know they are designed for use on up to 6" lift...not sure if they move the tire forward at all though. What are these frame mounts you speak of?
Gotcha. they'll have plenty of caster (possibly too much?) but I don't think they move the arms forward.

Here's a shot of one of the plates welded into place.
20140731_113302.jpg

Your truck is on the heavy side but lots of Aussie trucks are quite a bit heavier and Darren has designed the kits to work on those fattys so you'll be good. Here's Darren's old 80 on 37's showing how to play in a heavy truck.
DarrenJump.png

Edit: just looking back through your build thread and noticed you have drop brackets for the radius arms. Any other caster correction? I would suggest doing Caster plates and removing the drop brackets and add the relocation plates I mentioned. Will have proper caster, improve clearance (by ditching the brackets) and better firewall clearance. But up to you.

When I got the truck it had MAF drop brackets, but I removed those and installed Slee full radius arms a couple years back, plenty of caster correction now with those.

Something innovative and different, or superflex, or just a longer factory style arm ?

Lets say.... longer, with tunable rear bush length to add a little more if required at install, giving you 3 degree caster at 3" lift, [or more with bushes] using genuine diff mount bushes, and being forged to look just like the factory ones do when installed and have steering arm clearance with the extra caster.

:steer::smokin::wrench::wrench:

Lets say.... longer, with tunable rear bush length to add a little more if required at install, giving you 3 degree caster at 3" lift, [or more with bushes] using genuine diff mount bushes, and being forged to look just like the factory ones do when installed and have steering arm clearance with the extra caster.

So I've been curious about the whole steering arm clearance thing. I can't confirm this, because I'm not under the rig when its doing it, but I've always suspected the control arm bottoms on the inner tie rod and limits articulation. I am certainly able to hear it on occasion. This would also explain a slight bow in my OEM inner when I removed it last year.

Yep they hit together when you have the right caster for lift.

I normally strap the truck down over the wheel on the 4 poster hoist and use a bottle jack to bend the arm up for extra clearance.

The arms are forged so a tweak on the angle doesnt hurt them.

IF doing your swivel hubs you can put them in the press and do it even more easily.

How soon?:bounce:

Quick install question.... are the coils Labeled Australian DS/PS or US. Thanks.

Seriously considering this kit for my new build. Just got off the phone with Kevin @dockbox from endless horizon who happened to have just picked up Darren @AutoCraft Aus from the airport. They were nice enough to put me on speaker phone and answer some questions I had about running the intermediate or the heavy kit. I will admit I only caught half of what Darren said due to his accent and the speakerphone microphone quality however from the sounds of it the heavy stage 4 is going to the best option for me. I let them know when they get back in town to give me a call so we can work out some more particulars and get an order put in. I appreciate the customer service guys. :)

Seriously considering this kit for my new build. Just got off the phone with Kevin @dockbox from endless horizon who happened to have just picked up Darren @AutoCraft Aus from the airport. They were nice enough to put me on speaker phone and answer some questions I had about running the intermediate or the heavy kit. I will admit I only caught half of what Darren said due to his accent and the speakerphone microphone quality however from the sounds of it the heavy stage 4 is going to the best option for me. I let them know when they get back in town to give me a call so we can work out some more particulars and get an order put in. I appreciate the customer service guys. :)
Love my Stage4 heavy kit! Good choice.

Hopefully my Aussie typing is easier to understand :beer:

Just heading south today from Colo Springs to Dallas, so working on getting back to people while I have passenger seat time now.

Will be in the international office at New Orleans slinky headquarters next week so would love to spreak with anyone who has qustions while Im there. :smokin:

If we are coming past you Dallas to New Orleans and want to catch up, hit me up, so we can buy you a coffee or a beer and talk cruiser stuff.

Things just got more exciting in the Photo Contest for the Slinky/4xOverland Southwest Adventure coming up in a month!! Only a week left to enter! If you have been wanting a Slinky kit but haven't pulled the trigger, now's your chance to win a kit!
Southwest Adventure 2018 Photo Contest

Searched my heart out, but can't find any pics of the 50mm. Anybody running the setup? I believe @woody is the only one mentioned.

Currently on 75mm coils and am thinking about going lower. Thanks.

Searched my heart out, but can't find any pics of the 50mm. Anybody running the setup? I believe @woody is the only one mentioned.

Currently on 75mm coils and am thinking about going lower. Thanks.
Found this shot I took of Woody’s truck from when we were in Baja.
C464A54F-A73C-46A0-99D8-B777EE054489.jpeg

Awesome, thanks. I know he runs a spacer in the rear, so i got a good picture. Thanks again.

Woody has a 50mm HD lift. The front is a Patrol & the rear is a 75mm Intermediate coil.

I copied this from the Compiled thread.
50mm HD front SC50804F (70mm Patrol coil) see woody's 80
50mm HD rear is a 75mm Int. coil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom