1 stall build up comes to the Booty Barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40's rock

SILVER Star
Threads
Actually it is more along the lines of the Booty Barn was built to facilitate completing my "personalization" of what was a damn near perfect build. Everyone blames the previous owner for hacked items. This truck's previous owner did everything to a level that Toyota would envy. No detail was overlooked. I simply want to change a few things to make it better suited to my needs.

Over the next few weeks, I will post some pics of the changes I am making....and hopefully have it ready to go for Round Up.

First a little history.......
IMG_5263.PNG
IMG_5261.PNG
2FE

First thing was to add a rear ARB, already had one up front (thanks Frisbee Automotive)
IMG_3435.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG
and change the rear drums to rear disks with Willwood 4 piston calipers. Along with the rear disk conversion came a new brake booster from a 93 non ABS 80 series (thanks for the tip Bossman!)

Next, add back the stock gas tank (Cool Cruisers) which required modifying the seat cradle. Since the cradle was getting reworked, I changed the seating position so the driver's seat is higher (better vision over the hood.)
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG
Changed the seats to a set from the charity raffle (thanks Joe!)

Last edited:
And the project stalled for a few months....a few more months while the Booty Barn was built and back to it. Somewhere along the line, I realized that as impeccable as the 2FE build was, it wasn't the engine for what I really wanted to do with the truck. So.....it was pulled and a 5.3 was mocked in. Fast forward to the completion of the booty barn, a well timed email from BD Turnkey Engines (thanks for the referral Georg aka valley Hybrid / Cruiser Brothers) and the new engine arrived.
5.3_1.jpeg

IMG_5425.JPG

This is where a forklift around the shop comes in so handy....
pull the 5.3 that I was originally going to use....(its available if anyone needs one along with the Howell computer still in the box.)
IMG_5986.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG

order a couple of extra parts from AA Adapters (thank you Mathew for your patience.) Install the new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, etc. Connect the SM420, Orion
Took the opportunity to change over to a disc emergency brake from TSM (another Georg referral.)
IMG_5990.JPG
IMG_5992.JPG
IMG_6003.JPG

Last edited:
And to bring us up to date......an extra strap, lots of patience and the whole kit and kaboodle slid right in
A custom fit are the C5 corvette exhaust manifolds.....dumps inside the frame rails and allows the O2 bungs to install in the manifolds.
IMG_6213.JPG
IMG_6224.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_6248.JPG
for those of you who don't know what the booty barn is....little shack in my backyard....secretly, I think I am nominated for Neighbor of the month...
IMG_5521.JPG
IMG_5212.JPG

Last edited:
Bad ass. I love the brand new 5.3 and Orion mated to a 70 year old transmission. :smokin: Those wheels look good on there.

Somewhere along the line, I realized that as impeccable as the 2FE build was, it wasn't the engine for what I really wanted to do with the truck. So.....it was pulled...

Where is the 2FE going to go?

9F61639D-1BF6-446C-B586-0F9143A6C032.jpeg
Moving onto wiring.
Today’s project, gauges. I have always liked the retro look so I went with a 6 gauge cluster.
Thanks to Mark at Metal Tech for the gauge blank, turn signal lights and high beam indicator

306BD92E-073E-41A8-92DA-48EA4EFCA865.jpeg
Little dash mod to clear the speedo/tach...delicate grinding along the black lines

D726C065-0B75-4C63-97F7-4AE9300BEA4F.jpeg
And bob’s ur uncle.....there you go
Face plate needs a little polishing and final setting of gauges (I know they are currently rotationally challenged)

Bad ass. I love the brand new 5.3 and Orion mated to a 70 year old transmission. :smokin: Those wheels look good on there.
Thanks! The trans was with the truck already, no speed shifting allowed.

70181F4A-D7EF-4D65-873C-EC9F70C0C309.jpeg
Wheel envy? Lol...for those of you who wonder....the center is a stock Toyota wheel (non disc brake) grafted into a 16” wheel barrel. I really like the stock hubcap look and wanted a stock depth face. I am running spacers to handle the different back set.
Thank you Stockton Wheel

Nice everything.......

5186E886-3CE7-4AE5-9B88-4B349E3F5642.jpeg
This weekend involved a trip to aftermarket parts Mecca, Summit Racing’s new store/warehouse in Arlington

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom