7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump for 2018 dates?

Very curious about dates as well. I purposely left off Black Bear and Engineer this past summer (did my own solo HIH) so that I'd have some "firsts" for HIH8. Really, really anticipating going.

considering FJ summit is 7/18-22, I'm speculating 7/26-29?

Last edited:
Last time I talked to Stan he also mentioned the conflicts with Kendall Mountain Jeep thing and FJ Cruiser event the week before. I suspect it will be first week in August but I'm just a participant, not an organizer.

Just saw the official announcement on the website. July 13 - 17.
100s in the Hills | Toyota Land Cruiser Event

Is there faq regarding this? I'd like to know what i need as far as how difficult the trails are, do i need bumpers, sliders etc...
what we need as far as food, camping, equipment, etc... i'd hate to be the guy that shows up with nothing and needs everything. I've been eyeing this event for the last two years and i'd love to make it this year.

Is there faq regarding this? I'd like to know what i need as far as how difficult the trails are, do i need bumpers, sliders etc...
what we need as far as food, camping, equipment, etc... i'd hate to be the guy that shows up with nothing and needs everything. I've been eyeing this event for the last two years and i'd love to make it this year.

The old website had an FAQ. Ha ha I was going to jokingly link to the FAQ on the website, but the FAQ hasn't been populated. This is a if you got it, bring it situation as I understand it. Stock to heavily modified. Plan to camp while you are here, whatever that might mean to you.

This thread has alot of good detail at the beginning.
  • You don't need bumpers or sliders.
  • 33's w/ 10 ply tires and a well serviced Hundy
  • Grocery store in town that sells most everything for things you've missed
  • Camping equipment, bring a propane stove and you're all set.
  • It will be wet and muddy at some point at camp, bring stuff to keep you dry.
  • Details on trails from last year (additional trail links on the right side of this page) 100s in the Hills | Toyota Land Cruiser Event
  • Need a CB radio

Short answer: Run what you brung.
I would say the bare minimum you should bring with you is a 100-series Land Cruiser/Lexus with some decent all-terrain tires and a CB radio. After that, it's all about your preferences. You don't need a lift, sliders, bumpers, winch, armor, etc. to participate. There are plenty of mild but scenic trail options for those less-equipped vehicles. There are hotels in town if you can't stomach camping. I've camped in a tent and more recently used a popup camper.

Camping in a tent is cool but it rains a lot. I drug a 19ft travel trailer from CA to HIH last year and the 7mpg was well worth the comfort. Sold it and I'm trying to figure out what to bring this year to camp in.

Some great advice in this thread. We're hoping to be first time attendees this year!

Is it pretty popular to haul up a pop up camper? With all of the comments about rain and wetness, I just wanted to see how the pop ups hold up versus the elements?

Thanks,
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom