I've searched but couldn't find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how to access the duct/fan cavity. Squirrels have deposited many nut shells in there somehow. I turned the fan on and everything was running smoothly until I changed from fresh air to re-circulation. When I did that it sounded like ice in a blender. Any advice would be appreciated!

TIA

If 'a/c fan' or 'blower' don't return good results I'd search for the terms 'evaporator' and 'heater core'.

Blower motor under the glove box. It probably has 20+ years of pine needles, leaves, and other misc debris in it that got knocked loose and now the fan blades are hitting it, making the "blender" sound. 10 min fix to pull, clean, and reinstall.

Since you have to pull the evaporator coil to reach the fan, if it could be done in 10 minutes, I'd be amazed. I just removed an evaporator and that alone took me an half an hour. After the instrument panel was removed.

upload_2018-2-11_23-26-34.png

upload_2018-2-11_23-27-26.png

upload_2018-2-11_23-28-28.png

upload_2018-2-11_23-29-6.png

Since you have to pull the evaporator coil to reach the fan, if it could be done in 10 minutes, I'd be amazed. I just removed an evaporator and that alone took me an half an hour. After the instrument panel was removed.

No need to remove any of that, the fan drops out the bottom.

No need to remove any of that, the fan drops out the bottom.
Gonna try that first. If that doesn't work I'm gonna try to fish a flexible vacuumed line in there somehow. If that doesn't work I'll wire up three batteries in series such that I have 36 volts and hit the blower motor up to it till I blend that crap into fine dust.

Gonna try that first. If that doesn't work I'm gonna try to fish a flexible vacuumed line in there somehow. If that doesn't work I'll wire up three batteries in series such that I have 36 volts and hit the blower motor up to it till I blend that crap into fine dust.
Video or it didn't happen.

Aw shucks. I was hoping it wouldn’t work. I was going to suggest a long blow gun nozzle with as much air pressure ad needed/possible to shred up all the leaves, then the blower fan can blow the bits out!

Winner winner chicken dinner!
Had to remove the glove box and plastic shield then four bolts holding the fan in place.
8145368.JPG
That fan's a little hard on the nuts!

I don’t know what it was that got mine, but they got me 3 times in about 10 days, blower motor completely full of dogwood berries. I got sick of it and parked it at work for a week while I put poison out everywhere... I haven’t had the problem since

I don’t know what it was that got mine, but they got me 3 times in about 10 days, blower motor completely full of dogwood berries. I got sick of it and parked it at work for a week while I put poison out everywhere... I haven’t had the problem since
And the neighbor's dog died... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom