YWST: Low Range T-Case Gear Sets for the 1980-2007 Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are those UD gears still in the "coming soon" stage of things or are they available? Thank you @cruiseroutfit !

Due in the next week or two :D

These have been fitted to the 8x Tcase, I have not personally installed the 100 case yet.

Due in the next week or two :D

These have been fitted to the 8x Tcase, I have not personally installed the 100 case yet.

Excellent! Will the pricing be similar to the 8x OD gear sets?

My hero, thanks Kurt!

Hi Kurt,

Curious about the 10% UD...by the pics it really looks just like a "bolt-in" option. I have no fear of tearing into the transfer case to make that happen, but beyond your normal tools, torque wrench, etc. is there any reason for a bearing press or any other special service tools?

Thanks a ton for offering another gearing option @cruiseroutfit!

David

Last edited:
Hi Kurt,

Curious about the 10% UD...by the pics it really looks just like a "bolt-in" option. I have no fear of tearing into the transfer case to make that happen, but beyond your normal tools, torque wrench, etc. is there any reason for a bearing press or any other special service tools?

Thanks a ton for offering another gearing option @cruiseroutfit!

David

Yes, you will need to deal with bearings. I've not tried to do them without a press fwiw.

Yes, you will need to deal with bearings. I've not tried to do them without a press fwiw.

Do you have the bearings available that are needed so it's a more straight forward swap?

Do you have the bearings available that are needed so it's a more straight forward swap?

You bet, we stock the bearing kits, and can arrange any needed loose bearings too

You bet, we stock the bearing kits, and can arrange any needed loose bearings too

Thanks!

About a decade ago I bought and ARB Airlocker from you and you pressed the new carrier bearings on ahead of time so I did not need to do the press work when I installed it. Is there something similar we could do for this UD kit? I can't seem to find instructions anywhere or I would quit asking questions:)

David

Last edited:
Thanks Kurt!

About a decade ago I bought and ARB Airlocker from you and you pressed the new carrier bearings on ahead of time so I did not need to do the press work when I installed it. Is there something similar we could do for this UD kit? I can't seem to find instructions anywhere or I would quit asking questions:)

David

Instructions are coming :D

We press the TCB60008 bearing on the back of the part-time spool regularly for those kits, no charge. The 80 HR gears are a bit different as your dealing with your existing input, idler and output shafts.

Instructions are coming :D

We press the TCB60008 bearing on the back of the part-time spool regularly for those kits, no charge. The 80 HR gears are a bit different as your dealing with your existing input, idler and output shafts.

Thanks a ton! Once I get my learn on a bit more....I will probably do the UD.

Thanks a ton! Once I get my learn on a bit more....I will probably do the UD.

Let us know, we sold through the current batch quite quickly but have more due in April

@cruiseroutfit Any chance for a "core" program where we order what we want and get an entire refreshed TC full of gearing goodies and we return our old one? Like ECGS does with thirds?

@cruiseroutfit Any chance for a "core" program where we order what we want and get an entire refreshed TC full of gearing goodies and we return our old one? Like ECGS does with thirds?

That is something we can explore pending bandwidth. We do full diff core builds for most Land Cruiser 3rds so we are certainly familiar with a swap process :D

I already have a part time kit installed and would like to add the 10% under gears, would this still require press/bearing work?

I already have a part time kit installed and would like to add the 10% under gears, would this still require press/bearing work?

Yes it does

I've had a few ask about gear charts for various axle gear ratios and tire sizes. This could be a GIANT chart with all the different gear options for the t-case, axle and tire size. I chose the different t-case scenarios we offer as well as the most common 8x Series gear ratios that we offer, I can include 5.29 if there is some interest. Take note the ratio number indicated does not include the transmission gear ratio, we are assuming no change from vehicle to vehicle there (this is for you to guess what you need on your rig) and the tire size was calculated as a delta diameter between the new size and a stock 31" tire. If you guys see a better solution or any inaccuracies, please let me know... I need to crawl back through it when I'm on a bigger screen to verify.

80 New Gear Chart With Tires.JPG

Just sent through an enquiry to the sales e-mail about a set of 4:1's to suit 70 series for Australia, cheers.

Just sent through an enquiry to the sales e-mail about a set of 4:1's to suit 70 series for Australia, cheers.

Should be no problem at all. Bryce will get back with you asap. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom