Pricing Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I have someone asking about buying my 60, and since it's a project I haven't been able to spend much time on, I'm considering it. I realize it's subjective, but I'd really appreciate your expert input on what a fair price would be.
I bought it because it was an Arkansas truck, mostly stock with minimal rust and a pretty clean interior. Truck is not currently running. The original engine gave up the ghost, so I purchased a used 2f from a Mudder and eventually installed it, but unfortunately it's got water where there shouldn't be any. I don't think this is a failed head, I think it's a gasket issue...the engine sat in a carport for a while before I had time to put it in. But the engine is an unknown at this point. Surface rust, a few mostly cosmetic issues. Pics coming below.

Let me know what you think if you would, and thanks ahead of time..
8760-Front.jpg
8760-Left.jpg
8760-Rear.jpg
8760-Right.jpg

Last batch. Also should mention, I 'm pretty sure I have all the parts for the driver side door interior panel, which is off right now. Seats are great except for normal tear area in driver's seat. Will need new tires as well. Thanks again.
8760-Dash.jpg
8760-Back.jpg
8760-Cargo.jpg

Looks like main rust concern is under the gasket of the windshield. With that fact that you dont know the condition of the engine that is currently in it (whether it WILL run or not) makes this a bit harder. Other stuff looks to be pretty superficial but will take some work and a respray to get rid of it. Interior is in ok to decent condition.

All in all you probably could consider it a good swap candidate which I think would net maybe $7k for it as is? Am I off on this guys?

$4000 to the right buyer that would do an engine swap would be my guess. I would consider parting it out and selling the rolling chassis/body?

That 60 has a lot of life left, IMO. 6k to 7k on the high end, I think nash hit the sweet spot

I’ll give you some money for that crack free dash. PM me if you’re interested. I’ll even send you a cracked replacement dash!

I’ll give you some money for that crack free dash. PM me if you’re interested. I’ll even send you a cracked replacement dash!

Yeah that’s a rarity.

I would also like to add I would take the rear driver side mud flap, passenger side snake blinder, and that nice cigarette lighter. :rofl:

That looks too nice to part out! Hopefully, someone can breathe life into it.

Thanks guys. So the range so far is from the neighborhood of $4k all the way to 7k. Of course, like the ground around here the market for these in south Louisiana is somewhat softer than average, I would guess. Maybe it'd be worth it to post it for sale on Mud. Anybody want to buy an 87 60? ;)

I appreciate the parts offers. I know I'm attached, but I don't think she's ready to be parted out yet. And if I had the time to wade into that, I'd be spending it getting her back on the road.

I appreciate all the advice, and continue to be open to any and all opinions on this.

$3k-$4k as a non runner with the current amounts of rust which doesn't look too bad but will still need to be addressed if this thing is to remain on the earth. In my mind a $7k truck that is a non runner has no rust to worry about and a clean chassis.

I’m on the lower end too. I looked for about 6 months and there are running ones without or only having minor rust in the 5k range.

I would post it in Houston Craigslist for 5k. Maybe a Katy zip code as that’s closer to Austin and San Antonio and will get picked up on their searches. There is a shortage of them around here.

$3k non running

If you can manage to handle the repairs to the motor to get it running, you'll have a much larger market and as much as $2k bump in sale price. I'm not sure exactly what that's going to take but that's what I'd be looking at.

And I don't just mean starts up after your neighbor jumps it and you dump gas down the carb either....buyer needs to show up and be able to hop in and start it up.

Paid $2000 for my 10/85, no motor. Picked up a good motor for $1000. Now I have bought a new H55 and totally rebuilt the Transfer
@$3000.
My body is in a little better shape.

What I would do is phospho the uncarriage, but mask off the shocks and shackles, paint everything, under coat the body. Clean up the shackles and shocks.

Toss the chrome rain rail trim in the trash.

Get it running. Get a green scouring pad and 50/50 warm water CLR mix and hit all the body surface rust.

Drive to a detail shop and have that roof dent popped out and polish it all up including the rims.

Put it up for sale for $11,000 in Houston Craigslist. Probably sell without a lot of headache.

Just my advice after looking for several months.

Up north here that would fetch about 3-4. Very clean body and original paint from what I can tell.

Man...I guess the market had dried up on buying projects at a reasonable price. These values are more than I’ve ever paid...even for a running Cruiser (gasser :) )

On the flip side my 401k stuffed away in the woods is growing faster than my company one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom