ARB Drawer Owners...... I Have Some Questions for You. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TonyP I'm not defensive at all, in fact the more you argue the point the more defensive you are. I honestly have no dog in this fight. But I have a feeling if I start talking about a Benchmade knife or a Sig Sauer Pistol we can get just as heated and 'religious' about that. Which by the way makes me an automatic ambassador for those brands.

I asked a legit question because you said "on Principle". I thought you were bantering back.

If you don't like the product or the price of something don't buy it. But to tell me i cannot compare, more accurately highlight the similarity in community approach, two vendors on MUD who are regular forum participants, using said forum to support and develop their product is ridiculous. Your 'respect' has no bearing on the matter. Both are good people making good products. What I pointed out earlier was that ARB isn't here talking to you about how to improve or serve our community better and BOTH of these vendors are. I'm glad to hear that you bought a system from Dave - that means he will hopefully stay around and continue filling a need in the market.

Myself, Slee, etc, etc are here representing ARB Rob. I take feedback to them regularly, I meet with their engineerings annually and have phone and/or email discussions with them even more often. Of course "they" are not on here as a corporation... they simply can't but to say ARB isn't being represented in a way that makes the "community better" is a bit misleading. My drawers certainly have more off-road miles than most... I've done zero maintenance, I've not replaced one set of stops in 6 years in my 100. What am I missing on the maintenance?

Man I had no idea you guys would get baited so quick on this I should have made a bet.

Banter is great.

Baiting...or your attempts to pretend you are merely baiting...is not.

But anyway... I see you don't take hints.

Over and out.

Last edited:
Myself, Slee, etc, etc are here representing ARB Rob. I take feedback to them regularly, I meet with their engineerings annually and have phone and/or email discussions with them even more often. Of course "they" are not on here as a corporation... they simply can't but to say ARB isn't being represented in a way that makes the "community better" is a bit misleading. My drawers certainly have more off-road miles than most... I've done zero maintenance, I've not replaced one set of stops in 6 years in my 100. What am I missing on the maintenance?

Thats fair and I understand that a dealer like yourself is participating here and you do offer some representation for them. It's great ARB has taken your feedback as a dealer / rep. There is no doubt your participation here and other forums add to the discussion and I would say you (and Slee) make the community better, but thats really as Cruiser Outfitters and Kurt Williams, not ARB. That's appreciated. There are plenty of large companies that rep themselves in social media - perhaps ARB doesn't have the resources.

I know you mentioned previously you've had no difficulty in the drawer stop department and that's great but its an ongoing issue for other users. I'm sure its a mix of some having the issues, some not. It could be the vintage of the drawers I couldn't say that for sure. I'm not bashing ARB, I happen to think they make/market some fine products and I use many of them. Plastic drawer stops are not good quality and they should be fixed. They keep sending them out at owners inconvenience to R&R. I get it, its a small part in a set of drawers.

It's ironic that Tony brought up the BP51 situation as I was about ask if you guys still loved them or had enough of them, I am about ready to do the 200 suspension. In this case apparently ARB listened and fixed the issues - though from the outside it looked like an overwhelming amount of failures in a short period which is a PR problem as well as engineering.

I'm totally happy with my BP-51's and we've still been installing and/or selling quite a few sets in the shop. Fwiw I still have one of the first sets of BP's in the US on my personal 200 and have flogged them quite appropriately. They are "tappy" when cold... so are the $12k bypass shocks we have in Monica. I've got a set here to swap them out when time allows :D

Just in here to add some levity. I'm probably the only one here who has wheeled with folks on both sides of whatever this argument is, and all of you are interesting, helpful, fun people to hang out with. I had to chuckle at the fact that Rob, Mark, and Tony have all helped me troubleshoot the same rear bumper cover that ripped off on separate trips due to my poor driving skills.

Last edited:
I’m new to this forum, so I’m still learning the culture. People on here have generally been more willing to help than any other forum I’ve been on. Notwithstanding, some aspects of forum life transcend forum boundaries.

Can we argue about King vs Fox next?

Wait another day or two, we're about due for another AHC vs Coilover thread. :D

I bet the seats are lower.

Here is what my interior looks like on any given day. If I could keep all this away in the drawers/sides, I'd be pleased. Normally my second row isn't folded. I was hauling something.

My backseat looks similar to yours... But with snowboard / ski gear. I simply just put everything away as soon as I get home in a separate section in my garage. Keep the weight down and saves $$ on expensive drawers. .02$

I’m new to this forum, so I’m still learning the culture. People on here have generally been more willing to help than any other forum I’ve been on. Notwithstanding, some aspects of forum life transcend forum boundaries.

Can we argue about King vs Fox next?

I agree this is one of the most friendly and helpful forums I’ve been a part of especially for newbies, HOWEVER it’s a double edged sword. That causes many extremely basic questions to get asked over and over again about tire size, rust, good deal/purchase questions, etc. Much of the time those questions that should be answered with a quick search end up with dozens of replies in hours which ends up encouraging even more people to start new threads that have been answered ad nauseum. It’s fristrating for those who have been around a while and like to see new ideas and questions discussed, but those tend to get far less attention.

This thread is a rare glimpse of members not seeing eye to eye, which to be honest I actually find quite refreshing if it distracts me from another ridiculous thread about something that’s already been beat to death. :deadhorse: It’s probably a sign I spend too much time here in the winter when I can’t wheel or ride or do my normal warm weather hobbies!

I agree this is one of the most friendly and helpful forums I’ve been a part of especially for newbies, HOWEVER it’s a double edged sword. That causes many extremely basic questions to get asked over and over again about tire size, rust, good deal/purchase questions, etc. Much of the time those questions that should be answered with a quick search end up with dozens of replies in hours which ends up encouraging even more people to start new threads that have been answered ad nauseum. It’s fristrating for those who have been around a while and like to see new ideas and questions discussed, but those tend to get far less attention.

This thread is a rare glimpse of members not seeing eye to eye, which to be honest I actually find quite refreshing if it distracts me from another ridiculous thread about something that’s already been beat to death. :deadhorse: It’s probably a sign I spend too much time here in the winter when I can’t wheel or ride or do my normal warm weather hobbies!
Yeah I hear ya. I’m new and I’ve already rolled my eyes like a dozen times. And you’re right. After seeing so many repeat questions, I stopped using search. Hahaha. But in all seriousness, what air freshener gives you the biggest boost in HP?

Just in here to add some levity. I'm probably the only one here who has wheeled with folks on both sides of whatever this argument is, and all of you are interesting, helpful, fun people to hang out with. I had to chuckle at the fact that Rob, Mark, and Tony have all helped me troubleshoot the same rear bumper cover that ripped off on separate trips due to my poor driving skills.

I'm not sure I helped in that bumper troubleshooting - more likely I discussed the poor quality of the plastic tabs holding it on :rofl:

At the end of the day I have no animosity or bad feelings about anyone in this thread or really on this forum - Plain and simple, in this case, I was simply trolling on a few members for the shear entertainment of our disagreements.

@Roy Park The best Air freshener is the Glade Plugins Car - instant 12 HP and +25 forum points.

I'm not sure I helped in that bumper troubleshooting - more likely I discussed the poor quality of the plastic tabs holding it on :rofl:

At the end of the day I have no animosity or bad feelings about anyone in this thread or really on this forum - Plain and simple, in this case, I was simply trolling on a few members for the shear entertainment of our disagreements.

Trolling and baiting posts are RARE on this forum, and the distinct lack of those kinds of posts is a major reason this forum stands head and shoulders above the rest.

There are tons of other forums where trolling and baiting are the norm & where your version of "enjoyment" will fit right in.
If "trolling...for the shear entertainment" is what you consider "fun," please do us all a favor and take it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Mark you realize this all started when you didn't like the fact that I referred to the ARB setup as "bare bones"? You immediately went on the offensive over that. But if you are speaking for the forum when you say "please do us all a favor " then who am I to argue. I'll bow to you and "take it elsewhere".

Mark you realize this all started when you didn't like the fact that I referred to the ARB setup as "bare bones"? You immediately went on the offensive over that. But if you are speaking for the forum when you say "please do us all a favor " then who am I to argue. I'll bow to you and "take it elsewhere".

Critique is always fine.
But when tinged with trolling, baiting, and mockery...not helpful.

Various regulars have expressed similar sentiments here, so it ain't just me.
Typically when someone objects, there are quite a number of others who do too, but stay publicly silent.
-My PM inbox would indicate this big time.

Do what you want. I'm not a moderator. I'm just a regular who values the positive, helpful culture on this forum.

Last edited:
Bringing this BTT for a couple of quick questions that I can't find the answer in this thread or any others.

What permanent modifications get made to the truck when installing these drawers? In other words, can the drawers setup be removed later, the 3rd row seats and cargo mat put back in, and the truck look factory stock, say for trading in? I have a set sitting in the garage right now (still in the boxes), I've read the instructions, but it's just not clear, sorry.

Once the drawers are fully installed, approx how long would it take for one person to completely remove them?

Thank you.

Bringing this BTT for a couple of quick questions that I can't find the answer in this thread or any others.

What permanent modifications get made to the truck when installing these drawers? In other words, can the drawers setup be removed later, the 3rd row seats and cargo mat put back in, and the truck look factory stock, say for trading in? I have a set sitting in the garage right now (still in the boxes), I've read the instructions, but it's just not clear, sorry.

Once the drawers are fully installed, approx how long would it take for one person to completely remove them?

Thank you.

The only permanent modification I had to make on my ‘16 was a tiny bit of dremmel work on the plastic shield around two of the bolt locations, this would not interfere with reinstalling the third row seats however, and would not be visible to a prespective purchaser.

I’d imagine it’ll take less then 2 hours to pull the drawers and reinstall the 3rd row seats. This assumes you leave the third row seatbelts in as I have.

Thank you.

ARB drawer installs are 100% reversible. Everything bolts in using existing holes, etc. It’s not something you are going to want to take out/put in regularly as it’s a bit of work...but no worries about any permanent changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom