Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nobody does park flyers?
i have a dr.1 around somewhere.
I don't know what this is. RC plane, drone, copter? I always thought they were neet but never had one. I just watched a youtube video of a jet doing over 450mph!

Those Tri Wings were sweet. Nothing but wood and canvas.

So who had to add a glitch buster (capacitor) or a BEC to run a upgraded steering servo?

What RC did you add it to?

So who had to add a glitch buster (capacitor) or a BEC to run a upgraded steering servo?

Well I added a BEC to my trailfinder 2 when I installed my winch. Personally I don’t think you will need one with just a upgraded steering Servo.

I want to correct my Servo choice from earlier. I am running hytec 645mg. I have one in a axial wraith with a stock traxxas speed control 55 turn motor, no winch, no lights and no glitching.

I know the traxxas has more servos for the two speed like my tf2. My tf2 has been glitching the past couple of times I have run it, but I think the Servo is the cause because of my own doing from trying to waterproof it with grease.

Hope that all made sense haha

No BEC for my SCX10-2 or TRX4, both with upgraded steering servos, and no issues at all.

I fixed my broken axle shaft this weekend. I was pleased to find that my eBay Chinese purchase is indeed a complete (aluminum housing) clone of the Axial axle, so the upgraded axle shafts I ordered fit right in.

The only complaint I have with them is that they obviously have never heard of Ackerman angles..

I recommend these axles, they are awesome!

Also found that the current servo I am running is not the one I thought!

20171125_101829.jpg

20180102_210626.jpg

Last edited:
Brass portals. Going for a lower cog or did somthing break.

Bought a sub $20 mini drone for my youngest son for Christmas. It has turned out to be a really good purchase and the boys have been having a blast! My oldest son just spent his hard-earned allowance on one of his own.

These things are pretty cool. They have ample replacement parts - you could rebuild it from parts that are available. You can order mini FPV cameras and headsets to use with them - was actually thinking about using the equipment from these to try on my crawler!

The boys have been experimenting with building Lego stuff to stick on them. They have come up with some pretty cool Star Wars looking designs!

Here is where I bought them.

4bf31dcc-af50-4b1f-a725-0ce05c2b2027.jpg

Last edited:
In case you need to jump an obstacle... 2:25

I finally got around to finishing my vacuumed former. I did not let the plastic get hot enough. And The bed blank did not hold up so it did not turn out good. But overall I'm happy to have a beater body. Now time to paint it and make body mounts.

IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG

I finally got around to finishing my vacuumed former. I did not let the plastic get hot enough. And The bed blank did not hold up so it did not turn out good. But overall I'm happy to have a beater body. Now time to paint it and make body mounts.

View attachment 1631023 View attachment 1631024
Funny, we have exactly the same stove with a jar of kitchen utensils immediately to the left also... Thought I was looking at my own kitchen.

So not on the same level, but I can say I am part of the RC club lol
I was at my parents place this weekend and I was going through some of my old Toys and came across my old RC car that I thought was long gone.

I received this for my 14th Birthday Day
So its 4wd, just no low range or solid axles

I remember why I packed it away, few things went wrong.
First being it was fun to jump but couldn't handle the landing....
Broken Front Shock Tower
Broken Rear Shock Tower

Then the resistor for the speed control disintegrate

The tires were starting to go bald, and being a young stupid kid thinking I could fix everything....
I took tires I had from another RC car I had that was dead cut them up and tried to glue them on

Sort of worked but the car would skid everywhere...

So with the itch of wanting to get back to the RC world, I brought this sucker home, I have ordered aluminum shock towers, I have a set of original design tires on the way, and ordered a different set with different wheels.

Just need to find the resistor now and I should be good to go.
I am thinking of finding a Toyota Trophy Truck body to put on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom