What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered my 33’s finally. I’ve been so torn between either a 33 or a 34, and an AT or a MT. Ultimately, I decided on a LT275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I’ve been super happy with my Nitto Terra Grapplers, I’ve just out grown them. I’ll post pics as soon as I put them on.

View attachment 1628737
How do you like the Falkens so far?

How do you like the Falkens so far?
They only have about 75mi on them so far, but the short answer? I don’t. I mean, the tire itself is totally great, I just knew going to a light truck tire the ride was really going to take a hit. And man, did it. But they’re surprisingly quiet, and look awesome. The ride is going to take some getting used to though, that’s for sure.

They only have about 75mi on them so far, but the short answer? I don’t. I mean, the tire itself is totally great, I just knew going to a light truck tire the ride was really going to take a hit. And man, did it. But they’re surprisingly quiet, and look awesome. The ride is going to take some getting used to though, that’s for sure.
Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. Too bouncy from the stiffness, too heavy, or both?

Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. Too bouncy from the stiffness, too heavy, or both?
Ya, just real stiff. You feel everything it seems like. They weigh around 90lbs each with the rim. The weight doesn’t really concern me too much, I drive like a grandpa anyways.

Ya, just real stiff. You feel everything it seems like. They weigh around 90lbs each with the rim. The weight doesn’t really concern me too much, I drive like a grandpa anyways.
I hear ya. I ran 33" E range A/Ts on my TJ Wrangler and it felt like the tires were made of solid rubber for the first couple weeks. On the other end, I ran Cs on my Tacoma and they felt like marshmallows.

You'll have to let us know how the Falkens perform off road. I really like the look of them and they're at a great price point.

No matter how hard I look elsewhere, the Falkens always end up at the top of my list due to price.

Out of curiosity, how much air pressure are you running in these?

No matter how hard I look elsewhere, the Falkens always end up at the top of my list due to price.

Out of curiosity, how much air pressure are you running in these?
Right? I was going between them and Coopers, but these were $75/ea cheaper! I have 38psi in them.

DCCF0557-7A14-4D93-903F-E44BF22E342D.jpeg

DECE8176-0CD6-4C90-987D-A96D2E86005C.jpeg

I camped in Sheep Canyon in Anza-Borrego and the most difficult part of the trail on Lower Coyote Canyon was this section called Boulder Alley. I wanted to compare the performance of the 2003 GX470 to the 96FZJ. Unfortunately, the section that was Boulder Alley was graded and filled with sand, so now a Prius can go up that hill...what a bummer.

I ended up trying the Trasharoo without a spare. It worked pretty well, but I was only carrying a small trash bag.
DSC02424.JPG
DSC02488.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

I camped in Sheep Canyon in Anza-Borrego and the most difficult part of the trail on Lower Coyote Canyon was this section called Boulder Alley. I wanted to compare the performance of the 2003 GX470 to the 96FZJ. Unfortunately, the section that was Boulder Alley was graded and filled with sand, so now a Prius can go up that hill...what a bummer.

Yeah and the epic water crossing is pretty much gone as well.
This was my 80 before the lift.

Last edited:
Yeah the “jungle cruise” section had been closed for years. Trail was re-routed to prevent contamination of the drinking water for sheep and other animals. Too many 80s with oil leaks! Lol

Another two day trip to the Mojave Desert. Camped in some area near Huskey Memorial. The memorial is big now. Lots of artwork there. Took a 4x4 road to shortcut the distance from Scout Cove to Inscription Canyon. Lots of petroglyphs there at Inscription. Then headed to the XB-70A bomber crash site. Ended up eating a great satisfying dinner at Jenny's Grill in Barstow. Great Mexican food there.
Mojave_Huskey_Memorial.jpg
Mojave_InscripionCanyon.jpg
Mojave_ScoutCove.jpg
Mojave_XB70A_Crash_Site.jpg
A

Medium OME all around with JBA uca's

Next up, wheels and tires!
Nice! I'll be going with OME nitros when I lift. What front coils come with the "medium" kit? 885? Did you happen to do a before and after measurement to see how much lift it gave you?

oops!

Last edited:
Nice! I'll be going with OME nitros when I lift. What front coils come with the "medium" kit? 885? Did you happen to do a before and after measurement to see how much lift it gave you?

Yeah I think it was the 885, but I already recycled the box so I can't be sure.

I also didn't take "before" measurements, but currently the lip of the fender flare sits 23" above the center of the axle, front and back.

Finally got around to installing all my LED interior lights, front marker lights and license plate lights. I also installed my Scangauge and got the trans temp readout to work.

l7oblAQ.jpg

JyZ730A.jpg

To those who are curious about the LEDs I used, I bought all of them on Amazon:

Front map lights: Ba9s 3014 30smd LED 360LM from LUYED

Inside middle and cargo dome lights: 48 SMD LED panels with festoon adapters from Grandview

Front marker lights, license plate lights and door lights: Yorkim 194 LED 5th generation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom