Question about Sliders and Exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Standard angle is 20*. I had (mike i think his name is) at WK pitch mine at 15*...wife and kids have no trouble getting in and out with the sliders. Pretty sure he can drop them even lower to 10*, which is basically flat. Call him...great guy to work with.

I appreciate all of the feedback on White Knuckle. They look like a really reputable shop.

I'm pretty set on the BIO step sliders though. I like the fact that they integrate wit the OEM mudflaps and essentially look OEM.

Thanks again!

My understanding is that the 93/94 exhaust layout is preferable because it goes up and over the frame providing more clearance. If I were going to buy sliders I'd just get the correct ones and leave the exhaust alone.

With the amount of money you'd be spending to change the exhaust to get the BIO sliders to fit; or buying the sliders, having them shipped and taking to a local shop to adjust; why not just have a local fabricator make a step slider that just fits the way you want? Might be cheaper in the end.

Yeah, I think I'm going to just hold off altogether for now. The BIO step sliders are my first choice, but I don't want to hack up my exhaust to get it to fit. Thanks for all the help guys!

Metal tech makes sliders that simply bolt on and include a cat guard built in. Metal Tech FJ80 Land Cruiser/LX450 Sliders. Mine have taken a beating. Rather than buy the $1000 dollar metal tech version, If I were to do it again I would get the cheaper opor version.

IMGP0028.JPG

IMGP0029.JPG

IMGP0035.JPG

Woody (ih8mud) also runs them and has possibly beat on his even harder and they are still holding up.

Will- I was in the same boat and looked hard to get someone to do this, search you'll see my old thread. I checked with Mike and got the same reply as you. There was only 1 place that made them for 93-94 and they were in Canada. I decided not to go this route as I did not want to deal with someone in another country if I had a problem, especially since Canada never got 93-94s.

Put on some traditional ones for now until you find someone who can do this, that is what I am doing.

Slee makes step slider my buddy has them on 93
Why keep the pair system toss that s*** and run your o2s there
Buy the magna flow pipe to single cat it's like 300 bucks, your exhaust will still run over the back like it does
Or cut the front mount off the bio sliders and weld up something else, I run custom sliders with two legs welded to the frame no cat protection. I beat my truck and when I first put them on purposely dropped from high ledges and rocks onto that side and have had zero issues, that was 7 years ago still holding strong, so much I didn't bother building cat protection or adding the third leg

Why keep the pair system toss that s*** and run your o2s there
Buy the magna flow pipe to single cat it's like 300 bucks, your exhaust will still run over the back like it does

So I just realized, the "PAIR" system stands for Pulsed Air Injection Valve and is emissions related (to inject air into the exhaust). I thought PAIR was referring to dual O2 sensors, so I was hesitant to delete it.

The easiest thing to do is delete the PAIR system, relocate the O2 sensors to the exhaust manifold where the PAIR was, and run a Magnaflow downpipe with catalytic converter. Then I can get an exhaust shop to fabricate around the BIO step sliders, between the Magnaflow cat and the OEM muffler.

I need to take a closer look under the truck tomorrow to see how everything routes. And ideally I could get some pics of the BIO step sliders from underneath the truck to see how they mount and how to route the exhaust.

If you run the magma flow off the header I don't you will need to modify the sliders

If you run the magma flow off the header I don't you will need to modify the sliders

Sorry, I don't follow. If I run a Magnaflow off the header, you don't think I will have to modify the sliders? That would be ideal.

Isn't the whole problem the cat protection which is the front leg of the slider? If so then yes with the magna flow you would now be like a 95 to 97 in the front

Reviving this thread as I'm in the middle of the exhaust install. I decided to run the O2 sensors in the old PAIR ports. My question is - Which O2 sensor goes to which manifold?

There is an O2 pigtail that runs down the PS fender, and one that runs through the engine bay. Which O2 pigtail goes to the front manifold, and which O2 sensor goes to the rear manifold? Or does it matter?

I guess another way to ask it is, does the "front" exhaust manifold plumb to the driver's side or passenger's side catalytic converter on a 1993 - 1994 truck?

I guess another way to ask it is, does the "front" exhaust manifold plumb to the driver's side or passenger's side catalytic converter on a 1993 - 1994 truck?

All 1FZJ exhaust is on the passengers side but on the earlier years they go over the frame.

Not actually knowing the answer I would assume the following, based on #1 being close to the front for the knock sensor and #2 being close to the back.

For the o2 sensors: #1 for the front three and #2 for the rear three (assumed).

I don't think it really matters unless you throw a code and happen to go looking in the wrong place.

To know for sure @arcteryx 's method would be best, sounds like that ship has sailed :)

upload_2018-10-9_13-12-47.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom